Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MSU Chaos List

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

MSU Chaos List Empty
PostSubject: MSU Chaos List   MSU Chaos List Icon_minitime7th May 2012, 1:09 am

After the sound beating(s) I received this weekend, I've decided to go ahead with my plans on an MSU list. I had been hoping to have it ready for the fun over Cinco De Mayo, but just lucked out. For those familiar, this is based on Hinge's list with a few modifications. After this week, I "should" have the models to give it a try. And will be focusing on painting this.

2496 Points

Sorcerer Lord (MoT, Level 4, General)
+ Charmed Shield
+ Infernal Puppet
+ Necrotic Phylactery
+ Third Eye of Tzeentch

Has become my go to Sorcerer load out lately: Charmed Shield to avoid damage from Miscast, Phylactery to avoid Nurgle snipers (lookin at you Brian). Of course, Third Eye and Puppet are pretty much must haves. I know the Puppet netted me some kills in at least one game this weekend.

Exalted Hero (MoT, Shield, BSB)
Chaos Steed
+ Warrior Bane
+ Talisman of Endurance

He's mobile, he's tough, and he packs a punch when I need it.

Exalted Hero (MoT)
Disk of Tzeentch
+ Biting Blade
+ Talisman of Preservation
+ Bloodcurdling Roar

This is Rambo, his job is to get behind enemy lines and deal with the tough crap no one else can deal with. He's basically the smaller version of my Tz Lord. Great for dealing with war machines and ethereals, and Roar just adds a little more ranged oomph to an army that really needs it.

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

5 Marauder Horsemen (MoS, Flails, Throwing Spears, Mus)

Lots of redirectors, and of course good screening force.

24 Marauders (MoK, GW, Mus)

6 Wide, used for shock and attrition.

20 Marauders (MoK, Flails, Mus, Std)

5 Wide, the Standard is there for Blood and Glory scenarios. Also for assaulting and holding objectives/buildings. But largely used the same as the GW Marauders.

15 Warriors (MoT, Halberds, Shields, FC)
+ Banner of Rage

6 Wide, shield and hand weapon used for marching then switch to Halberds in CC. Crazy damage potential and tough as nails. When and if I bunker the Lord, it'll be here.

12 Chosen (MoT, Shields, FC)
+ Favour of the Gods
+ Wailing Banner

Bait, really really dangerous bait.

Chariot

Chariot

Fast and maneuverable, high burst damage. Great for taking out lightly armored targets and flanking maneuvers.

Warshrine

Hellcannon

The rest speaks for itself I think.

-----------------------------

There's a couple of things I changed in this list from the original, first I'm not as paranoid about Ethereals as Hinge is. So I dropped the magic weapon from the Sorc Lord, and got a cheaper one for my Exalted. I picked up MoS on the Horsemen and added a second pack of Warhounds bringing the total number of units to 11. I also dropped the unit of Trolls in favor of a second Chariot (which I believe he has done as well).

I would have liked a few more points here and there, a shield for the second Hero. A Scroll Caddy would've been nice too, but you can't have everything. As for the Sorcerer Lord, I mentioned earlier he will only sometimes be bunkered. And I know some will wonder why he's not on a disk. The main reason, I can keep him relatively safe behind my infantry, blocking LOS from ranged attacks. As for sorcerous sniping? That's what the Phylactery is for.

My thinking is like this: if the Chosen and Warriors that are playing defensive line for him go down, I've got bigger problems than keeping my Sorcerer alive.

Back to top Go down
http://srsbusiness.org

MSU Chaos List
Page 1 of 1