Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Necron tactics:Hard-packed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Trygonz
Squig with flatulence
Trygonz

Necron tactics:Hard-packed  Empty
PostSubject: Necron tactics:Hard-packed    Necron tactics:Hard-packed  Icon_minitime4th March 2012, 4:09 pm

So guys, I was bored and was looking at my codex, on the different uses for close combat and ranged-guass cronz,(Tank Busta's) and I've come up with this; necrons are the most durable army in the entire game, so with these as an army list i thought it would be more than effective, ESPECIALLY against tanks!!! so its like this, for your HQ take a character or an overlord to ride in an Catacomb Command barge, with a guass cannon, you also want two ghost arks carrying 10 warriors each and broadside your way to flank them with a a few 10 model units of immortals with guass blasters going in for a frontal assult, with a few lychguard with warscythes as some insurance, you also want a veritable swarm of scarabs going through the battlefield with a spyder to make mor of them, you want a large scale force of wraiths behind a squadron of lychguard with shield going in from the other side, the better to flank them, you will want a doomsday ark or two in the back blowing them to pieces with the doomsday cannon, and to mop it up, (if they survive) get some tomblades or destroyers to help with cleanup, and remember, there can NEVER be enough immortals!!! ~Trygonz

So what do you guys think? threw this together in about 15 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Necron tactics:Hard-packed    Necron tactics:Hard-packed  Icon_minitime4th March 2012, 7:16 pm

It sounds like you have the general idea of the army down. My favorite units in the codex are the overlord with mindshackle scarabs and a warscythe on command barges. I field two of these.

My other favorite unit is a pair of units of four crypteks of destruction. Each armed with an Eldritch lance. On one of each cryptek in each squad you also buy the solar pulse so you can make it night fight twice. The lance is nasty, as it is assault Str 8 and AP2. This makes marines cry since it is double toughness and instadeaths most things including paladins.

I also field a pair of ghost arcs with necrons, and then the crypteks hijack them on the first turn. That gives you two armor 13 bunkers for your crypteks to shoot out of since the ghost arc are open topped.

Jester
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Trygonz
Squig with flatulence
Trygonz

PostSubject: Re: Necron tactics:Hard-packed    Necron tactics:Hard-packed  Icon_minitime4th March 2012, 8:05 pm

you know that for each royal court there can only be one harbinger of destruction right?
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Necron tactics:Hard-packed    Necron tactics:Hard-packed  Icon_minitime4th March 2012, 8:25 pm

Trygonz wrote:
you know that for each royal court there can only be one harbinger of destruction right?

Not exactly. There can only be one unique type of wargear per court. So for each court you can only take one pulse. You can have up to 5 crypteks of any flavor.

This is specifically addressed in the necron FAQ via GW.

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 4th March 2012, 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Necron tactics:Hard-packed    Necron tactics:Hard-packed  Icon_minitime4th March 2012, 9:19 pm

Being new to the game, you might like to look these over. GW updates this page fairly regularly and sometimes clears things up.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=1000018&pIndex=1&aId=3400019&multiPageMode=true&start=2

and here is the specific quote on the crypteks:
Q: If a Royal Court contains more than one Cryptek
from the same Harbinger, will they all have the weapon
upgrade or can only one have it? (p90)
A: They must all have the weapon upgrade of their
harbinger. Only the optional wargear is unique.

Jester

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Necron tactics:Hard-packed    Necron tactics:Hard-packed  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Necron tactics:Hard-packed
Page 1 of 1