Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

nice looking table mats anyone tried these???

Go down 
+5
gamewizard
Wildeyedjester
littleboyblues
big_d
Brutal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Brutal
Blind Ratling Sniper

nice looking table mats anyone tried these??? Empty
PostSubject: nice looking table mats anyone tried these???   nice looking table mats anyone tried these??? Icon_minitime27th August 2009, 2:36 pm

http://www.zuzzy.com/

i think these would not be too awful hard to make but i dont see a way to make them any cheaper.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: nice looking table mats anyone tried these???   nice looking table mats anyone tried these??? Icon_minitime27th August 2009, 3:05 pm

I hadn't heard of this company before. Nice find.

I just ordered up a set of the sample sizes they have (3"x6") so I will be sure to let you guys know how it turns out.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: nice looking table mats anyone tried these???   nice looking table mats anyone tried these??? Icon_minitime28th August 2009, 11:31 am

Do a review of it when it comes in please. As I pretty much already want one for the house...
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: nice looking table mats anyone tried these???   nice looking table mats anyone tried these??? Icon_minitime28th August 2009, 1:23 pm

Will do. I am pretty interested to see how the look. Even more interested in seeing how they hold paint. Their site says not to prime it or use thick paint as it will crack when you roll it up. I will have to do some tests.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: nice looking table mats anyone tried these???   nice looking table mats anyone tried these??? Icon_minitime28th August 2009, 1:41 pm

Yeah, I will be interested to see if the paint flakes off or not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: nice looking table mats anyone tried these???   nice looking table mats anyone tried these??? Icon_minitime29th August 2009, 11:32 pm

I too will be interested to see how the paint will hold. Acrylic is just not that flexible. Maybe if it was painted with some other type of paint.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
Warhamster77
Squig with flatulence
Warhamster77

PostSubject: Re: nice looking table mats anyone tried these???   nice looking table mats anyone tried these??? Icon_minitime30th August 2009, 8:01 pm

they really do look awsome!!!
Back to top Go down
Schnitzel
Grot Squig Herder

PostSubject: Re: nice looking table mats anyone tried these???   nice looking table mats anyone tried these??? Icon_minitime30th August 2009, 8:31 pm

Wow, nice find! Wish I had known of this site back when I lived with marines who actually played 40k! Haha. Playing on this would be been much nicer than playing on a plain green pool table.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: nice looking table mats anyone tried these???   nice looking table mats anyone tried these??? Icon_minitime30th August 2009, 9:50 pm

My first GW gaming experiences were on a pool table. It certainly leaves a lot to be desired, yet I can still remember how new and exciting the game was at the time I was playing like that!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: nice looking table mats anyone tried these???   nice looking table mats anyone tried these??? Icon_minitime30th August 2009, 11:59 pm

Pool tables tend to have a nice felt top. At least the ones that aren't played to death on like when I was in the Air Force.

I don't mean to sound like a bigger jerk than I am but sometimes I like to use the KISS method. I went shopping today with Natchos and purchased some pink foam to make some 2' x 2' WH 40K board sections. I did mention getting a 4'x6' section of felt and laying it down as a table mat.

When he looked at me like I was spouting Klingon at him I didn't press it too hard.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: nice looking table mats anyone tried these???   nice looking table mats anyone tried these??? Icon_minitime31st August 2009, 7:32 am

LOL, nothing wrong with a 4x6 piece of felt, I think that's how most people get started. Nachos is just spoiled by getting his start on the Realms of Battle boards Wink

I still prefer that method for games representing air, space, and sea battles where line of sight isn't much of an issue.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
Schnitzel
Grot Squig Herder

PostSubject: Re: nice looking table mats anyone tried these???   nice looking table mats anyone tried these??? Icon_minitime4th September 2009, 1:13 am

gamewizard wrote:
Pool tables tend to have a nice felt top. At least the ones that aren't played to death on like when I was in the Air Force.

Barracks pool tables always get worn out pretty bad. We just got ours redone so it's pretty nice now. And the sides got some bounce to 'em.
Sadly, no one in this unit plays.... yet.... lol.
Loaned the 5ed Rule Book out to one of the Marines since he expressed some interest. Told him I could throw a small intro game together some time, but our shift work complicates that.
Maybe I'll have some better luck converting some one when my Space Hulk arrives.
Back to top Go down
guyverlord3
Vanilla Marine with Blue Armor
Vanilla Marine with Blue Armor
guyverlord3

PostSubject: Re: nice looking table mats anyone tried these???   nice looking table mats anyone tried these??? Icon_minitime20th September 2010, 2:58 pm

big_d what did you think about those mats, thinking of getting one
Back to top Go down
http://www.stevenlykins.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nice looking table mats anyone tried these???   nice looking table mats anyone tried these??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

nice looking table mats anyone tried these???
Page 1 of 1