Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

modern warfare table top?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

modern warfare table top? Empty
PostSubject: modern warfare table top?   modern warfare table top? Icon_minitime2nd May 2011, 9:01 pm

Is there any games that are modern warfare based? I saw some pretty sweet terrain set in the middle east that was pretty cheap.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare table top?   modern warfare table top? Icon_minitime2nd May 2011, 11:03 pm

Battlefront Minis is starting up a Vietnam setting.

Flames of War Vietnam
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare table top?   modern warfare table top? Icon_minitime2nd May 2011, 11:07 pm

Huh. I was sitting here trying to think of one and I just keep coming up blank. I know there is a plethora of different WWII stuff, and it looks like Flames of War goes up to Vietnam, but as far as mainstream games go I can't find one.

Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare table top?   modern warfare table top? Icon_minitime2nd May 2011, 11:09 pm

Ambush Alley does a great mod war and a zombie invasion for it.

http://ambushalleygames.com/products/store

If you're interested, I could be persuaded to look into it
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare table top?   modern warfare table top? Icon_minitime2nd May 2011, 11:25 pm

Ambush Alley looks awesome. What mini companies make the right scale for it? Also, check the Middle East city terrain in the pre order section of thewarstore.

EDIT: I found out its 15mm... here is what most people are using http://www.peterpig.co.uk/range17.htm

It looks extremely cheap to get into...I am definately game.

Vehicles averaging around £5.50 a peice, while a unit of three infintry is around £2.50

Someone on the forums said you would have way more than you would ever need to play with for 100 dollars + rule book.

EDIT2: I swear this is the last one...anything to keep me away from studying...

Here is an American site that is probably even cheaper, and is working in conjunction with Ambush Alley to actually make battle boxes for campaigns.

http://www.rebelminis.com/15mm-modern-milita.html
Back to top Go down
crossbonesx11
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
crossbonesx11

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare table top?   modern warfare table top? Icon_minitime3rd May 2011, 7:03 pm

The best middle eastern terrain is here http://www.miniaturebuildingauthority.com/categories.asp?cat=Middle+Eastern+Buildings . I am using it for my Orkidishu table. Oh and it is in 15mm and 25/28mm.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare table top?   modern warfare table top? Icon_minitime3rd May 2011, 7:27 pm

After reading through the rules and factions, I believe I am going to make either a US Marine Corp platoon or Ranger platoon. It comes out to be about 60 miniatures total. Either way, it will cost me around 60 dollars ordering it all from peter pig. The minis look awesome. The quick reaction site has some pretty decent looking stuff also, I just like the casts better at peterpig.

Note that these are higher end figures. You could easily get into this game for around 20 dollars or so. Just google 1/100th scale miniatures. There are tons of modern warfare plastic men that would work, just not look as sharp.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare table top?   modern warfare table top? Icon_minitime4th May 2011, 4:51 pm

Just bought a whole platoon for 37 dollars from rebel miniatures. I quickly changed my mind from Peter Pig when I saw that I could not only save 30 dollars or so for the same thing, but also Rebel is located in TN, not the UK. Hopefully I can find someone to play this game with me. At the bare minimum, you can do a coop style game and fight zombies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare table top?   modern warfare table top? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

modern warfare table top?
Page 1 of 1