Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Howdy there

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cpt_Tiberius
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Cpt_Tiberius

Howdy there Empty
PostSubject: Howdy there   Howdy there Icon_minitime17th June 2009, 1:23 pm

Hey there, my name is Sterling and I thought I'd pop in and introduce myself. I have been gaming down at T-shirt explosion for the last several years playing 40k ,mostly marines. I am just now getting into WH fantasy and have a (very) small Vampire army. I have been a gamer since 2nd grade and have at one time or another played the following: D&D (the old box game baby!), Ad&D (3rd edition on...), Dragonlance, Werewolf, Vampire, Shadowrun, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Robotech, Rifts, and even Paranoia...

As for Wargaming I was all about Battletech back in high school (Atlas FTW) and was disgusted to see what wizkids turned it into. Though to be honest once the clans showed up it was pretty much downhill from there. Now I mainly play wargames rather than rpg's, though this is more from a lack of a group than anything else.

I enjoy playing down at T-shirt explosion, but wish I was able to do some of the funner stuff in the hobby like campaigns and story based missions rather than the standard pick-up games. I love 40k's fluff and think it what makes the game so great. Plus I'd like to try some of the other games like mordheim or necromunda, or even things like cities of death and apocalypse.

Which reminds me, are any of you guys going to do anything with the new mini-dex from BOLS. As a long time Space Sharks player I am both looking forward to it and terrified at the same time do to the amount of backstory I have worked on for them over the last 6-7 years. hmmm...
Hope to see you guys around.

-T.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

Howdy there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy there   Howdy there Icon_minitime17th June 2009, 2:27 pm

I'm with you on preferring pre-clan Battletech, but in case you're not aware of it, Catalyst games has been maintaining Classic Battletech for several years now. It's a game that's very much alive and well, although I don't play it personally.

If we get enough regular players of 40K at Castle House, then I'd be willing to set up some sort of themed campaign. There are some pretty good systems out there, including Battlefront's Firestorm for Flames of War that could be adapted pretty easily. I could do something with that and mix in the scenarios from the upcoming Planetstrike. I'm generally more interested in that sort of thing than tournaments.

I'm not planning on doing anything with BoLS new mini-dex as I've got enough work to do just trying to get a regular army finished, but it does look interesting!
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

Howdy there Empty
PostSubject: Catalyst Games BT   Howdy there Icon_minitime18th June 2009, 2:10 am

I have several copies of the new BT by Catalyst games. Iron Wind makes minis for them as well as reprints of some old classic Ral Partha minis.

The new CG BT has several books out for the game as well. The hard bound books look pretty good with lots of nice shots of mechs and scenery.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
Sponsored content

Howdy there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy there   Howdy there Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Howdy there
Page 1 of 1