Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens

Go down 
+6
bdix
ares
Cpt_Tiberius
Wildeyedjester
big_d
Khaas
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th February 2012, 6:56 am

Couldn't sleep, so I decided to play around and knock out the other unit of Warhounds (I've dropped 5 from the roster I'm currently working on). I think they turned out good, I'll fix up their movement trays this week.

The Diamond Dogs
Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Unit1.5

The Skeevers
Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Unit2.5
Back to top Go down
http://srsbusiness.org
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime20th February 2012, 11:54 am

Another late night, I finished up the front rank of Warriors. 10 to go, then the movement tray and the unit with the BSB and Halberds.

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 T1-rank1
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime21st February 2012, 12:06 pm

Ladies and Gentlemens, I give you Sorcerer Lord Fus Ro'dah. I finished my Tzeentch Sorcerer conversion last night, the disk hungers...

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Tz-disk1.1
Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Tz-disk1.2
Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Tz-disk1.3
Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Tz-disk1.4
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime22nd February 2012, 7:12 pm

Busy day today, but I'm staying on schedule. I got a couple of warriors painted for my Tzeentch unit, and I even tossed together a movement tray for them. First time I've really textured a tray but turned out nicely imo.

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 15-tray
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime25th February 2012, 5:29 am

Been a nutty week, but I got some stuff knocked out today...

First unit of Warriors finished!
Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 T15.1

And I got a tray done for one of my units of Hounds!
Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Wh5.1

Unfortunately, I'm low on some key paints. Good news is I've got some eBay auctions clearing that should fix the situation quickly. That also means I should be getting the parts for my Warshrines and display board this week. I also have a few new ideas I may be putting together sooner rather than later, but I'll keep that hush till I know for sure...
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime25th February 2012, 11:02 pm

Started working on my Marauder block, honestly it's just an excuse to paint a giant.

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Giant-filler-1

If all goes well I should have the giant and his handlers finished tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime26th February 2012, 3:38 am

OBEY GIANT!

He is finished, well maybe there's a couple of touch ups here and there. But pretty much done. I'm pleased with the results, hope you'll like him too.

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Obey1
Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Obey2
Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Obey3
Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Obey4

Note: I was especially happy with the way the warpaint worked on the Marauders. I'm excited about getting the rest of the block finished now...
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime26th February 2012, 5:38 pm

I decided to knock out the command for my Marauder unit today, I've got to pick up some primer before I can finish the unit. But I'm hoping to have the entire unit finished next week (assuming nothing comes up that shouldn't be too hard).

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 K50-command

And to give an idea of scale and to see how they look together (let's be honest just an excuse to get another pic of him) here's the command accompanied by the giant.
Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 K50-command+giant

I'll only be using the gold on "big command" type guys. So, the two ogre filler models will also have a little bit of gold and of course the command models have gold (the Chieftan especially). While remaining models will be my standard red and silver look. Tomorrow I'll probably knock out the rest of the first rank and get started on the movement tray.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime27th February 2012, 7:00 pm

Didn't get a lot of time today, I've been busy working on some lists for the build up and getting things situated on my blog (srsbusiness.org - shameless self promotion), and of course I got called in to sub today... So all I got to work on was one of the Ogre filler pieces, I did start base coating the rest of the primed Marauders (11 total) the rest have to wait until I can get to the store for more primer.

I think the minotaur body really works for making an extra hulked up Chaos Ogre.
Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Ogre-1

Honestly if it was a regular ogre next to the giant... It just wouldn't look as good.
Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 K50-step3
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime27th February 2012, 10:03 pm

Love the giant. The war paint is turning out awesome.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th February 2012, 5:01 pm

Not much to report today, but I got the movement tray for the Marauders based. I can't stress enough how annoying this thing was.

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 K50-tray

I also got to work basecoating the remainder of the first two ranks, with the movement tray based I can manage the mass of Marauders much more easily.

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 K50-step4

More soon, but I've got to get paint before I can get a whole lot accomplished...
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th February 2012, 5:12 pm

Wow. I'm really impressed. I was worried that the giant was going to look really out of place as a unit filler, but when you get the guys on there he kind of blends in to the background and ends up looking really at home.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th February 2012, 5:39 pm

Thanks big_d, I'll be honest it works but it's not easy. I really had to choreograph each of the models around the filler, as such I'm actually numbering the bottoms of each base. Otherwise, it could take unacceptable amounts of time to fit each of the models onto the tray.

Thankfully, I'm a substitute teacher so I get a lot of time at work to "doodle" ideas for warpaint lol.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th February 2012, 6:26 pm

You do such a great job with this. I wish we could convince you to blog your armies on the front page!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Cpt_Tiberius
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Cpt_Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th February 2012, 8:49 pm

I agree, some of the conversions you have done are really clever (like the minotaurs as ogres trick). It's been very inspirational as I am building my army and almost has me convinced to try some more advanced conversions. Keep up the great work sir!
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime1st March 2012, 3:42 pm

Thanks a lot guys!

I'm going to put some stuff together for the front page soon, I PMd Wildeyedjester about it already, so soon...

Anyhow, the project is expanding. I'm in the process of editing the initial post to reflect my new design goals.

Not much to report atm, I'm crazy busy lately with work and all the rest lately. I'm waiting on several orders I have in for parts so I can put together my Warshrines too, hopefully next week I'll see some major progress (as in the Marauder block completely finished). Meanwhile, I received some parts for terrain project. I'll be putting Bloodletters on all four pillars, and skulls mounded around the bases (should help keep them from tipping over and look good). The pillars and the blood letters will be a burnish gold, and I'm probably going to play with a little verdigris on them as well.

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Pillarofskulls-stage1
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime2nd March 2012, 3:53 am

So, good news - I got some of the stuff I ordered today. Unfortunately, I didn't get all of it. But, while I wait on the scores of skulls I ordered allow me to introduce to you to Tim-Tom and Kevin.

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 K1-stage1

Ain't they adorable?

I'll be using chain to attach the Juggs to the shrine, and of course there will be copious amounts of skulls and perhaps a skeleton sculpture in the back. I was considering making him attached to a Khorne Icon, but I'm not sure I want to make it "that" big.

I've got the second Warshrine started too, it however will be pulled by four Bloodletters.

Tomorrow I'll be working the green stuff on the shrines and then I'll start painting (I have an idea for adding the skulls to the back of the shrine in one piece, separately). So, in all the first shrine will have 6 components being painted separately before final assembly.

IN OTHER NEWS
Looks like I got a pair of icons making a trip across the Atlantic.
Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Khorne-icon

Now, I just need 1 more (2 for conversions 1 for my display board).
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime3rd March 2012, 4:20 am

Tim-Tom and Kevin are ready for their debut!

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 K1.1

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 K1.2

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 K1.3

I've got some touch ups left (the flames especially) but I have to get some paint from the store tomorrow before I can do that. Also, I need to find a way to secure the shrine to the Juggernauts. I will probably be using chains, but we'll see. Anyhow, time to get to work on shrine number 2 - it will be a little subtler, no Juggernauts pulling it. Just 4 Bloodletters...

[ The shrine will be making a limited time appearance at TSE on Saturday, March 3rd at around 1 PM for anyone wanting to get a closer look ].
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime5th March 2012, 1:12 pm

Been busy, but I managed to get a little painting in this weekend. I've got base colors just about done on my Knights unit, and I finished my Champion.

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 K-champion

I've decided that since I'm going with the Khorne theme across my army to use different metals to differentiate the units that are dedicated to different gods (in addition to their standards) for Khorne I'll be using the traditional red/gold, with Tzeentch it's Red and Silver (Chain Mail), Nurgle I'll be using Red and Tin Bitz. As for Slaanesh, I'm not entirely sure yet...

Anyhow, I should have the unit finished over the next day or so, meanwhile I did some mock up for the second Warshrine...

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 K2-stage1

As you can see, four Bloodletters pulling this one. I also got in the first pile of skulls I ordered today (about 150) so I should have the Warshrine done before long as well (by mid week). Once I've got the skull pile put together and everything's primed it should only take a few hours to paint. Probably less time than the first one did since there's no rivets and little details to worry with (or at least not as many) as there was in the first one with the Juggs.

I'm actually ahead of my original intended schedule, today I'm priming the Ogres, and the other piece of Ogre filler for the Marauders, and the parts for the 2nd shrine. If all goes well I'll only have the second unit of warriors and the marauders to paint once the week is over (knock on wood). We'll see how it plays out, and thanks for the comments - I might put together a little mini faq on converting the Ogres, I've had a lot of questions and comments about them. They're pretty easy to convert and imo look much more Chaos like than the Ogre Kingdoms range.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime7th March 2012, 4:07 pm

I've been feeling sick, but I managed to get a little painting in. How much? Well, I finished my unit of Knights...

The more observant may notice the embroidered Khorne symbol on the standard, this was achieved by adding a hand painted Khorne symbol in several layers before going over the entire standard in black, then dry brushing in Fortress Grey, and washing with Badab Black.

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 K1.2

Here's a couple of closer shots of the Champion, I think he turned out pretty good honestly. I could even see using him as an Exalted Hero on mount at some point.

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Champion-1.1

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Champion-1.2

And now with the Silver Skulls of Khorne finished, it's time to move on to other parts of the army. I've got all of the Ogres primed now, including the last piece of filler for the Marauder unit. The should paint really quickly so I'll probably knock those out tomorrow, then I'll be starting on the second Warshrine (now that I have some of the skulls I ordered in I can actually finish the thing). A note on the painting scheme, since I'm doing some decidedly "not Khorne" units in the army I've decided that minimal to no gold for those units, my Tzeentch Warriors (pictured earlier) are a good example. I will be continuing with a pretty standard gold and red scheme for the Khorne units. I will be doing blue cloaks and standard for the Tzeentch models as well, and of course green for the Nurgle contingent. For Slaanesh, purple cloaks. This way I should be able to pick out units much easier and maintain a consistent overall look for the army. As always, C&C welcome.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime7th March 2012, 4:13 pm

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Display-board

I forgot to mention earlier, I received my X Board from Battle Foam. I can see space being a little tight for some armies (Skaven horde armies for instance) but with my force of 94 models I still had room to breathe. Even enough room for some terrain additions. The empty base to the front right is a placeholder for my round counter that I'll be working on. And of course, the cavalry base to the rear right is for my second Warshrine.

I have some plans for the board, but those will wait a bit while I finish painting the army.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime9th March 2012, 5:09 pm

Been busy here, no rest for the wicked. I managed to get some painting in here and there though, and today I finished the first rank of my Ogre unit.

I'll finish the Ogre unit up this weekend (hopefully) and then move on to the second Warshrine. Everything is pretty much primed now (except the last two ranks of Marauders). Hopefully I'll get some games in with the army over the next week or two.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime13th March 2012, 3:44 pm

I've been pretty busy, but I managed to get the back rank of Ogres finished. Right now I've got the movement tray drying before a few finishing touches. Then it's off to the second Warshrine (tomorrow).

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 K6.1
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime14th March 2012, 4:04 pm

The Warshrines are complete!

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Kshrines1

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Kshrines2

Okay, there is a "little" bit missing. I plan on getting some chain to attach the daemons to the shrines, I just haven't had a chance to do it yet.

I also took a lot of pics as I went along, I'm going to be putting together a short guide with tips for converting the Corpse Cart to a Warshrine, along with suggestions for the other three gods. I'll also be putting together another mini guide explaining how I do my bases, I've had a lot of people asking questions about these. So, if you have any interest in making snowy bases like the one shown below you may want to add my blog to your bookmarks (srsbusiness.org).

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Base

As always, C&C are welcome.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th March 2012, 2:04 pm

With the Khorne army nearly finished I decided to take a time out to start figuring out my Nurgle force, so I looked around in my bit box and was surprised to find that I had enough Warriors to put together my 50 block (using 3 bases I got from the Juggernauts for filler). I'm making scythes for the unit to use as Halberds, so I'll need to get my hands on some more Knight lances. Either way, a pleasing start to the army.

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 N50-unp

But be still my dogs of war, for there is another reason for this post. I give you Lord Hummungus.

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Nbsb1-unp

I was inspired by Animerik's, Chaos Nurgle Ogres, there's one Marauder shield and 2 VC Skeleton shields as well as two swords from the VC skellies.

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Nbsb2-unp

The rusted axe that originally came with the model has been sent to one of my bits trays for later use and replaced by the head of a Knights lance attached to the stump that was once an arm. I intend to make the area pretty gruesome as befitting a servent of the Lord of Pestilence.

And finally, after looking at the army list I decided to drop the shields on the unit and give them Halberds instead of Great Weapons. I just really don't like "always goes last" even on a tough unit like this. With the points I saved I tossed in a couple of 5 man units of Warhounds (already based and painted from before). Which should help out with deployment a bit. I'm still torn on going total cheese with the Doom Totem on my BSB though, so we'll see how it plays out. Thanks for reading. More painted and converted goodness coming soon!
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime22nd March 2012, 1:46 pm

I did some juggling with my Khorne army, I've decided to combine the two Warrior units into a single 25 man unit. I'll also be doing 2 new Tzeentch Sorcerers on Disks for the army, so basically I just need to finish the Warriors I'm adding to the unit (including my newly converted Champion), the Marauders, and the Sorcerers.

Meanwile, I decided to try out some color on my Nurgle Sorcerer for the second Chaos army, as a test model I think it was pretty revealing. Gretchen Green with Devlan Mud, followed by Badab Black in the recesses and a dry brush of Gretchen Green to finish it off.

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Nurgle1.1

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Nurgle1.2

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Nurgle1.3

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Nurgle1.4

I'm tinkering with a couple of test Warriors too for Slaanesh and Tzeentch, with Tzeentch I've going Necron Abyss with Badab Black in the recesses and a dry brush of Hawk Turquoise. I'll have some more test models up soonish. And next week I'll be back painting the remaining Khorne models.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th March 2012, 4:42 pm

I'm really feeling crappy lately, caught some nasty virus that's going around. To take my mind off the hurricane of nausea I decided to put some color on a mini I've had shelved for a while, I picked up this Archaon model on eBay several months ago (when I was first getting back into WH) for $5, I don't generally play with characters but the price was too good to pass up, that and I've always loved this sculpt.

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Archaon-wip1

I'm proud, he's coming along nicely. Hopefully I'll be over the crud and ready to paint some more next week, I should have some more toys by then anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th March 2012, 4:58 pm

Got some more progress on the Archaon model today, just the left arm and shield + final highlights.

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Archaon-wip2

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Archaon-wip3

This has probably been one of my favorite Chaos sculpts for a long time, dynamic pose - reminds me a lot of Napoleon honestly.

Good news, the virus I caught seems to be dying out so I should be putting a lot more together soon! I've got the parts for my remaining Warriors in the mail tomorrow, and the Khorne Champion is already primed and ready for paint.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th March 2012, 5:29 pm

Funny. I agree it's one of the best chaos minis. I had never put Napoleon together with this sculpt.

But as soon as you said that - yes, I see it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime1st April 2012, 3:20 am

Last night I picked up my first Finecast model, the Hellcannon. There were of course some problems, some bubbles (though not anywhere critical), and there was a bit of warping in the right side of the frame. Also, the left "hinge" where the door attaches in the back of the cannon is just not there. Oddly, there's no tell tale glossy area indicating a bubbling problem, so don't know. A little annoying, but nowhere near as annoying as the metal version. I put a couple of those together years ago for someone else and it was a nightmare.

Anyhow, I decided to take a crack at the thing. I was pleased with the inclusion of the base, someone had told me it was a Chariot base but this just isn't the case, there's ample room on the thing to get a little creative. So, I made a trip to the hobby shop to pick up some cork board (I needed it anyway for my display board) I've made some slots for the Chaos Dwarf crew, and so far so good. Here's some WIP pics.

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 H1-wip01

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 H1-wip02

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 H1-wip03

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 H1-wip04

NOTE: I picked up the cork at Hobby Lobby for $7, that gave me 4 sheets approx 1 square ft. They've got several different thicknesses to choose from.

Last edited by Khaas on 4th April 2012, 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next