Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blood Angel List Options

Go down 
+3
Sweet E
DreadArchon
bdix
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

Blood Angel List Options Empty
PostSubject: Blood Angel List Options   Blood Angel List Options Icon_minitime15th January 2012, 4:55 pm

A lot of you have seen the list I want to take to Adepticon.

Mephiston
5 assault termies, 2 LC 3 TH/SS
Storm Raven LC, MM
2x sang priests
5 ASM with MG in Las/plas razorback
5 ASM with MG in Las/plas razorback
5 ASM with MG in rhino
10 ASM with jump packs, 2 mg, PF
land speeder with mm
land speeder with mm
Devs with 4 missiles
Devs with 4 missiles

Well here is the question. I noticed that a lot of the better lists at adepticon have 2 HQs. I also noticed that many of the scenarios last year had HQ objectives. Here is what I could do to revamp my list.

Get rid of- 1 dev squad
add- librarian, attack bike, and make the rhino flamer razorback.
Back to top Go down
DreadArchon
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
DreadArchon

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel List Options   Blood Angel List Options Icon_minitime16th January 2012, 9:10 am

A librarian on bike is a well spent 135pts

Drop the Atk bike and add EA to the raven because as the termie deliveriy system it NEEDS to move unless its dead or crippled

Just some thoughts
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel List Options   Blood Angel List Options Icon_minitime16th January 2012, 9:12 pm

The lib would go in a rhino because I'd want to keep it in my advance. There would never be a situation where ea would be needed because I play it where I'm always at least 24 inches in before it can be shot at.
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel List Options   Blood Angel List Options Icon_minitime16th January 2012, 10:09 pm

I agree with DreadArchon on the EA for the SR. Think about our game the other day. I won because I was able to stun lock your SR and surround it. Not that this comes up much, but Monkey tried to do the same this to me the following day. I think higher level players will try to exploit this to take your expensive, nasty unit out of play for more rounds. Any round they are held out is pretty detrimental to your plan.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel List Options   Blood Angel List Options Icon_minitime16th January 2012, 10:53 pm

I just don't see it coming up much. I made a bad move when you did it to me, and I think in the future I'd be able to avoid it. 15 points is pretty steep for a unit that is already pretty expensive.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel List Options   Blood Angel List Options Icon_minitime17th January 2012, 11:29 am

IDK man, when your running a hammer unit that is 22% of your army, I'd find the points to counter the stun result on the raven. In our game, if I had gone first and knew you didnt have EA then I'd have fired at the raven untill it got stunned then moved on down the line (most likely to stun lock mephy's ride in the back field also.)
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel List Options   Blood Angel List Options Icon_minitime17th January 2012, 12:38 pm

Pay the points for the extra armour. The Storm Raven ends up being harder to destroy than it's numbers show, but it will get glanced - especially against Necrons. It ends up being a sneaky little multiplier since you have POTMS - you are basically ignoring shaken and stunned - that's 1/3rd of the vehicle damage chart.
Back to top Go down
DreadArchon
DreadArchon

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel List Options   Blood Angel List Options Icon_minitime17th January 2012, 5:00 pm

My reasoning on EA is all about the Storm Raven's JOB

Its job is to deliver the termies to where they need to be and as fast as possible. Therefore the key aspect of this moving and for a mere 15pts you can ensure that most glances and a fair number of pens dont prevent the SR from doing its job.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel List Options   Blood Angel List Options Icon_minitime17th January 2012, 7:02 pm

If you're set on Assault Termies one thing you may want to consider instead of the Librarian is a Chaplain. Fearless makes a a very strong unit with a glaring weakness extremely scary. You also get rerolls on the charge and access to a Chap in the Elite slot instead of HQ.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel List Options   Blood Angel List Options Icon_minitime17th January 2012, 8:09 pm

This thread has slightly derailed, although I appreciate the advice. I don't want advice on my list, I want it on the options I presented.

I have the points to take EA, and if I can fit it after everything else I want to change, I will take it.

Andy- would the reclusiarch be worth taking? One of the reasons I wanted to take the librarian is because I noticed a lot of top lists taking 2 HQs. When I looked at scenarios, surviving HQs were important in several cases.

Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel List Options   Blood Angel List Options Icon_minitime17th January 2012, 10:37 pm

Always play the scenarios.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel List Options   Blood Angel List Options Icon_minitime18th January 2012, 12:06 am

Game the game. If it's a big deal in the scenarios, fit in a second one somehow.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel List Options   Blood Angel List Options Icon_minitime18th January 2012, 12:15 am

The thing about adepticons scenarios is it's not a primary, secondary, turshiary system like alot of tourneys where the primary objective in scenario can win you the game most of the time. Adepticons scenarios score one point for the 3 objectives, going to a vp tie break (if your scores are less than 185 points different it's a draw still.)

Lets look @ last years scenarios for a min: (*both players can claim)

Scenario 1: Spearhead deployment - KP, Quarters, An HQ within 6 of the center marker*

Scenario 2: 3 Objective Pitched Battle - > 50% KP destroyed*, Objectives, most points in enemy deployment

Scenario 3: 5 Objective Pitched Battle - KP, Objectives, Marked for Death Unit*

Scenario 4: 6 Objective DOW - KP, Control Home Objectives, Control Enemy Objectives

Seeing the scenarios laid out like this you see that KP and Objectives are the two big scenario points you'll see in every game. In scen 1-3 the chances of a tie are great because of the both can score objective. Scen 4 is just going to come down to who can out gun their opponent because having to hold and extend to grab 1 other objective is tough for any list.

Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel List Options   Blood Angel List Options Icon_minitime18th January 2012, 12:40 am

I can potentially have 5 scoring units with this list. That is one of the big things I wanted to keep after looking at last years scenarios. Kill points could be an issue if I decided to take too many throw away meltas, i.e. speeders and attack bikes. That is why I am thinking of not taking the attack bike at all. That would mean the following:

-drop one dev squad
-add chaplain or librarian
-25 points to play with, thinking of giving a sang priest a jump pack and putting him with the jumpers. I already gave my stormraven EA in this hypothetical.

What I lose is 4 missiles shots. What I gain is either extra physic defense and attack, or make my termies monsters. I'm not convinced that the 25 point jump pack will do a lot for me, so suggestions are welcomed there.

Shawn- Will they release the scenarios prior to the event? The way they worded it on their site kind of sounded like it.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel List Options   Blood Angel List Options Icon_minitime18th January 2012, 12:55 am

I'd probably drop the Speeders in favor of a naked libby with Sheild and ether fear of the dark, or Shackle. To me the speeder isnt as good as the devs for their points.

As to when they normally post their scenarios, I want to say it should be soon. I want to say a month out at the minimum.

Also terrain will be like WGC, so don't expect sparse tables.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel List Options   Blood Angel List Options Icon_minitime18th January 2012, 7:36 pm

Haren wrote:
I'd probably drop the Speeders in favor of a naked libby with Sheild and ether fear of the dark, or Shackle. To me the speeder isnt as good as the devs for their points.

As to when they normally post their scenarios, I want to say it should be soon. I want to say a month out at the minimum.

Also terrain will be like WGC, so don't expect sparse tables.

So it would be in my favor to keep my tank count low I'm assuming?
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel List Options   Blood Angel List Options Icon_minitime18th January 2012, 8:28 pm

I would certainly go devastators over speeder every time - no question.

As much as i want to say chaplain over libby, simply for the uber killiness, I think a psychic hood in what will be a GK laden field is a must. That should be priority 1.

However looking at the scenarios, I dont see a reason to take 2 hq. The libby might be my only hq and then a chaplain in t-armor. That makes me pretty happy. If you want your termies to be double killy take the chap.

Mephy is so sexy too though.......and you may not want ALL your eggs in one Storm raven basket. If you want to threaten 2 areas, take mephy and the libby.

Put the armor on the raven. It will get shot.

As for keeping tank count low, it doesnt matter. Your not building a mech wall. Its all about optimizing the list you decide to take. Make your rock as sharp as posible and hope you dont play paper.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel List Options   Blood Angel List Options Icon_minitime18th January 2012, 10:40 pm

The thing I like the most about taking a librarian is that it proves a third threat. I could take both a lib and a chaplain at the cost of dropping a speeder and a dev squad. It would look something like this:

Meph
Librarian
Chaplain
Assault termies
2 sang priests
5 man with melta with las plas razorback
5 man with melta and las plas razorback
5 man with melta and flamer razorback
10 man with packs and 2 melta and powerfist
Speeder with melta
Dev squad with 4 missiles
Storm raven

I want to take the ea, but would have to really dig for the points. I'm toying with dropping the chaplain and putting a second dev squad back in.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel List Options   Blood Angel List Options Icon_minitime18th January 2012, 10:46 pm

Dropping the chaplain and speeder, I could take second dev squad, ea on raven, and have 15 points to play with. I honestly think the chaplain is overkill for how I am using the termies, so this options is tempting

-sorry for the double post, my phone is doing something crazy.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel List Options   Blood Angel List Options Icon_minitime19th January 2012, 4:15 pm

I like option b. It will win you more games and is better suited to all comers.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel List Options   Blood Angel List Options Icon_minitime19th January 2012, 6:21 pm

I played with those 15 points and put a combi-melta on the storm raven sang priest and put search lights on my las/plas and stormraven.

Here is my final question. Now that I have a librarian in the list, should I change my heavy flamer razorback back to a rhino? I will be taking shield of sang and either FOTD or Blood Lance, so I will need a firing point to make any use of him.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel List Options   Blood Angel List Options Icon_minitime20th January 2012, 9:28 am

The Librarian does not need a firing point to use Shield of Sang since the ability is not a shooting attack. Honestly I'd keep the flamer-back. By the time your ready to use FOTD or Lance your going to want to be getting out of your rides anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel List Options   Blood Angel List Options Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blood Angel List Options
Page 1 of 1