Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules

Go down 
+9
Cpt_Tiberius
big_d
bdix
ares
capnwoodrow
Verminlord
Super Gerbil
Fethos
Haren
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Empty
PostSubject: Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules   Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Icon_minitime1st September 2011, 10:43 pm

Bacon Bowl 2011 League Rules (second Draft *changes)

Entry: $0

Players: 5-10

Length: 4 weeks (Friday - Thursday) ending with a 2 game bowl to determine 1st - 3rd the Saturday after the league ends.

Games per week: 1 League game with 2 -3 exhibition games per week
      League game will be the only games to count toward league points.
      Exhibition games will allow you to gain extra gold and player points for your team since we're running a short league

Scoring:*
      Win - 35 points
      Draw - 20 points
      Lose - 5 points
      Concede - 0 points + 0 bonus points (oh and the normal bad things that happen when you concede)

Bonus Points:
      +10 - You won by 3 touchdowns
      + 5 - You won by 2 touchdowns
      +10 - You lost by 1 touchdown
      +10 - You caused 2 or more casualties from blocking than your opponent
      + 5 - You caused 1 more casualties from blocking than your opponent

Gold Winnings System:*

League Game Winnings:

Win - D6 + Fame x 10,000 + 20,000
        Lose - D6 + Fame x 10,000 + 10,000

Exhibition Game Winnings:

Win - D6 + Fame x 10,000
        Lose - D3 + Fame x 10,000

The end of league tourney will take the top 4 players and pairing them 1/3 2/4 to get the top 2 and bottom 2. Both final pairs will play to determine final standings.

All other league rules from the LRB are active. Score reporting should be done by the loser of the game, and both teams should post to their team thread update post with changes from game to game.

Proxies will be allowed, so long as your oppenent agrees that your proxy is what you say it is. This is not encouraged however.

Conversion teams are encouraged.

If your interested in joining the league please go ahead and post here, and post your critque of my draft of the league rules.

Useful Links:

6th ed Living Rule Book: http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m780049a_Blood_Bowl_Competition_Rules.pdf
A good resource for non-gw models (not sure if anyone local can get these): http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=home

Last edited by Haren on 27th September 2011, 8:58 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Moving to second draft.)
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules   Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Icon_minitime2nd September 2011, 6:37 am

The basic league rules that you have are simple, but that is a good thing for leagues. I think setting opponents is a good idea for leagues like blood bowl as it insures everyone gets at least on game in a week. On that note, I am all in for a blood bowl league. I have had The Dead Presidents (my undead team) sitting in a box for about 12 years, and they are itching to get back on the field.
Back to top Go down
Super Gerbil
Necron Scarab with rusty hinges
Super Gerbil

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules   Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Icon_minitime2nd September 2011, 7:09 am

I would totally be in. I've got my human team painted and they are ready for action again.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules   Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Icon_minitime2nd September 2011, 4:11 pm

First of all, how can you even propose something other than a TROPHY for Bloodbowl? A cheap trophy could easily made and turned into some kind of traveling trophy to be displayed.

If there is 8 or more teams, could be divided up into divisions with playoffs for the respective divisions. Either way, even number of teams would easiest to manage. No byes.

My Skaven team, The Undercity Chieftans, are ready to go whenever said league gets underway.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules   Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Icon_minitime2nd September 2011, 4:14 pm

Leagues are for fools!

I'll probably play tho
Back to top Go down
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner
ares

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules   Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Icon_minitime2nd September 2011, 5:29 pm

Brian says Yes
Back to top Go down
http://tshirtexplosion.com
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules   Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Icon_minitime2nd September 2011, 7:16 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:
Leagues are for fools!

I'll probably play tho

Matt Fararrararrarrraa couldn't handle me in blood bowl.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules   Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Icon_minitime3rd September 2011, 12:17 pm

Haren and I got a game in last night using the basic box set and holy crap, what a good time. I am so in for this. I am gonna scour the ole tubes for a suitable team and unleash my fury upon the field.
Back to top Go down
Cpt_Tiberius
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Cpt_Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules   Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Icon_minitime3rd September 2011, 1:04 pm

Big D,

i noticed on GW's site that they have a Halfing team... just sayin'

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat490010a&rootCatGameStyle=
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules   Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Icon_minitime4th September 2011, 5:26 pm

So far, it appears we have 8 or 9 interested in the league at this point. I am surprised and happy with the response this early in the planing phase.

I've read the suggestions that have been posted so far, and agree that dividing the league might be necessary. Since the league is only going to be going for 4 weeks however it brings an problem with smaller divisions.

With 4 players per division you end up with 3 opponents and it being necessary to play one again.
With 5 players, it's 4 opponents each player, but it leaves 1 with a bye each week.
With 6 players, you get 4 different opponents for each player and each player doesn't play the 5th other. (best case)

This means if we hit 12 players I might divide the league, but it wouldn't be a fair field if I divided them before. I am counting myself currently also, but if when the league starts and we have an odd number I will drop out and focus on being the commissioner. I really don't want to have to deal with byes.

As to the idea of a trouphy, I was thinking of a plaque because we could have a multi-name one made so we could have the league winners for each league on it. I'd want to do the trophy for a moving cup for a yearly event. Think of it as a shop tourney where TSE and Warpig (and any other shop that wants to get in) have players representing their shop and the cup goes to the winners shop. The shop then holds the cup for the year. Rinse and repeat.

One thing I forgot to mention in the rules draft was that the Building gold is the normal 1,000k.

I will have a second draft in the next week.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules   Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Icon_minitime4th September 2011, 5:26 pm

The member 'Haren' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'D10' :
Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules 10sideddice
#1 Result : 9

--------------------------------

#2 'D10' :
Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules 10sideddice
#2 Result : 4
Back to top Go down
https://thehogsofwar.forumotion.com
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules   Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Icon_minitime4th September 2011, 5:28 pm

doh sry for the dice. ! forgot to blank them before hitting send
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules   Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Icon_minitime4th September 2011, 5:57 pm

I like the store trophy idea. If it can be organized, then my vote would be for this trophy...it is awesome for only $9.85. (note: stole this website from a earlier post by bdix)

http://www.stadiumtrophy.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1712&zenid=f444f3177616109181416ff74a1f584b#
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules   Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Icon_minitime4th September 2011, 8:15 pm

That is acutally a really cool trophy. They have one at work for some bowling league they did.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules   Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Icon_minitime5th September 2011, 6:30 pm

Cool trophy, we should get that. Also might consider getting the blister of Bloodbowl trophies, but not sure how big they are.

Why only 4 weeks? Should go at least 6, then playoffs and such. Should end up being about 8 weeks total for the whole thing. Schedule would be easier to nail down when you know for sure who will actually play and not just who is interested in playing.

Ideal schedule, 10 teams, 2 divisions of 5, 5 week schedule with basically round robin action. Top 2 from each division make the playoffs and then of course the championship. You could even throw in an extra playoff week, top team gets a bye, with 2nd and 3rd ranked teams playing, and whole thing last 8 weeks.

Or, if only one division, randomly determine the 5 opponents for each team and still works out the same amount of time.

Playing the same team more than once during the regular season isn't a big deal. Also could have one or two non-division games if needed so as not to repeat.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules   Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Icon_minitime5th September 2011, 6:32 pm

Most leagues around here are good to get 4 weeks in. By the 8 week mark you'll have 2-3 people still playing.

Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules   Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Icon_minitime5th September 2011, 6:44 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:
Most leagues around here are good to get 4 weeks in. By the 8 week mark you'll have 2-3 people still playing.

That is why only 5 weeks of "regular season". I want to play and I would like to play more than a couple of games.
Only the winners would be playing past week 5. That is also why mentioned something about who will actually play vs who is interested.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules   Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Icon_minitime5th September 2011, 8:21 pm

As Capn' said, I've noticed that the last few leagues that have been run were longer and after about 4 weeks it kinda dwindles in interest. That is the big reason I wanted to start small and run 4 weeks. I'm not saying that it's going to be the only one of these I run. I would like to run a month league like this once every 4 months or so. The teams would also be able to transfer from one to another. Heck I'd even look into hosting an OBBLM portal for the league if we can keep enough interest season to season.

As for the divisions, I have already said my peace on them. Personally I see a problem with both repeat play (if anyone goes undefeated it means who they played twice has no chance), and inter-division games. Also the only real way to fairly divide the league would be regions, so those in Rogers/Bentonville/Bella Vista would be the northern division, and Fayetteville/Springdale/Lowel would be the southern. What happens if 2 more join from the Rogers area or the Fayetteville area. We are actually lucky it's balanced at 8 players, but any more players could throw the division weight off.

Since this is still a rough draft of the league rules, I'll let the team managers decide.

Should we go longer than 4 weeks?

Should we divide the league as it is now?
If yes, then how should we resolve the issues I have addressed?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules   Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Icon_minitime5th September 2011, 9:57 pm

No. No longer than four weeks + a championship.

TRUST ME ON THIS. If I had a signature on this board it would be "Bringer of Failed Leagues."
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules   Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Icon_minitime5th September 2011, 10:35 pm

4 weeks sounds good. I'm with capn that it just seems to fall apart after that. This will be a good way to get interest up and see it through.

I think I managed to pick up a second board, dice, and templates and I just finished up the orc starter team earlier tonight so it is all coming together on the materials side at least.
Back to top Go down
Super Gerbil
Necron Scarab with rusty hinges
Super Gerbil

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules   Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Icon_minitime5th September 2011, 10:44 pm

I agree with the four weeks right now. It will be a good way to test the waters and make sure people will really stay playing. Plus if we get more people you can always play games that aren't scheduled with others. Just because there is a 4 game minimum, it doesn't mean you can't play a few more games then that.
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules   Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Icon_minitime6th September 2011, 6:55 am

This opening season should be 4 weeks. If there is enough response, then we should absolutely do the 8 week buy in (at $3-$5) league with the trophy at the end.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules   Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Icon_minitime6th September 2011, 12:13 pm

Too many potential ties with only 4 weeks. That is why I suggested the 5th week of the regular season.

So either shorten it to 3 weeks or lengthen it to 5. Trust me when I say you want an odd number of weeks/games.

Definitely want to carry over stats from season to season.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules   Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Icon_minitime6th September 2011, 12:48 pm

So what are we gonna call this thing? I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy the resin monster trophy and I need to know what to get engraved on it.
Back to top Go down
Bane
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Bane

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules   Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Icon_minitime7th September 2011, 11:37 am

Dang you all. I don't have any BB stuff!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules   Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blood Bowl 2011 Leauge Rules
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next