Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bretonnians on the move

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
warhammerworld
Apothecary with a box of band aids

Bretonnians on the move Empty
PostSubject: Bretonnians on the move   Bretonnians on the move Icon_minitime12th August 2011, 9:04 am

I used an all Cav army yesterday . It had no walking troops, even at the end of the game. With the rules for monstrous Cav, 1 profile, it made the Heroes on Royal Pegasus into a Royal Pain.

Bret Lord on Hippogriff with lance, Armor of reroll 1's to wound, Virtue of more attacks for each wound inflicted

Prophetess L3 Silver Mirror Life Magic

BSB on Royal Peg, Sword of Might, Helm of Reroll Armor Save

Palladin on Royal Peg, Lance, Virtue of Duty

Palladin on Royal Peg, Lance, Virtue of Heroic Killing Blow

Palladin on Royal Peg, Lance, Virtue of Joust

9 Knight Realm, Banner of can't stand and shoot

6 Knight Realm

9 Knight Errant, Errantry Banner

7 Grail Knight

3 Peg Knight

5 Mounted YO

5 Mounted YO

Took my time. I used 4 turns to jockey for a good position against the Chaos warriors. I had enough quick troops to deal with any war machines, I think, in my turn 2, but the Warriors had no shooting, so I waltzed into what I considered a perfect position to annihilate whatever I attacked. On turn 5 I charged.

I slammed the Errant Knights into the front of a unit of Marauders with flails. I also flanked them with a unit of Peg Knights. Even though the Marauders attacked before the Errant Knights, the armor and Ward saves were effective, and when the dust settled, the Marauders needed Insane Courage, and they failed to muster it.

On the same turn I lined up a charge that I thought would decide the game once and for all. I had the Grail Knights and what was left of the Knights of the Realm hit a unit of Khorne Warriors in the front. I also had the King hit them in the rear. At the same time, I had the other 4 Palladins lined up on the 3+ save Warshrine. If I could break the Warshrine, I would have 3 more Palladins in the rear of the Chaos Warriors, and the combat would be fought immediately.

With 9 S6 attacks, I was hoping for 1 to 2 wounds on the Shrine, but I did none. The other attacks were also fruitless, but still with the toys that the Plladins had I won combat by 4. Good odds that the Shrine would run, but the dice were not blessed, and they held on the needed roll of 5.

On to the Warrior combat without the support I needed. Many attacks later, lots of dice roll, and quite a bit of anticipation, the Warriors had 6 fighters remaining at combat's end. They needed Insane Courage, and they rolled the needed DOUBLE 1's. A well executed plan thwarted by Khorne.

Even though he slammed into me on Turn 6, the Lord and the Grails ran far enough to stay out of harm's way. They rallied on turn 6, and the game ended with a spread of about 275 points in favor of the Chaos Warriors.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Bretonnians on the move   Bretonnians on the move Icon_minitime12th August 2011, 10:34 am

At least you were thwarted by Khorne. When I played the Chaos Warriors, I learned that Tzeentch is truly treasonous. And they call ME the "rat bastard".
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Bretonnians on the move   Bretonnians on the move Icon_minitime12th August 2011, 11:20 am

I think the successful Bret list nowadays use lots of Men At Arms to clog up enemy formations and hold them up with steadfast.
Back to top Go down
warhammerworld

PostSubject: Re: Bretonnians on the move   Bretonnians on the move Icon_minitime12th August 2011, 9:24 pm

So if I am counting on STEADFAST, that means that the little peasants are going to lose combat. It is so much more enjoyable to win combats.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Bretonnians on the move   Bretonnians on the move Icon_minitime12th August 2011, 11:49 pm

Ok.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bretonnians on the move   Bretonnians on the move Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bretonnians on the move
Page 1 of 1