Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GK's Dilema for 'Ard Boyz

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

GK's Dilema for 'Ard Boyz Empty
PostSubject: GK's Dilema for 'Ard Boyz   GK's Dilema for 'Ard Boyz Icon_minitime9th August 2011, 12:30 am

So I keep waffling back an forth on choosing between a TechMarine or the Culexus Assassin. I feel both could fill a role with my list.

The Techmarine does have the Orbital Relay, which is a big reason why chose this guy. The couple of games that my stuff actually showed up, my opponent just ran away from half my army the whole game. Hoping to "reach out and touch someone" with the relay. A couple of servo skulls should help with some scattering of the barrage. Also the ability to repair my few vehicles and bolster a ruin doesn't hurt either.

The Culexus will get some extra shots with his psyocculum due to the fact that everything in the codex is a psyker. So by keeping him close to the Paladins which will be sporting Draigo and a Librarian, will already increase his shooting attacks by 3. Granted, his shooting only has a 12" range, but at St 5, AP 1, gaining an extra shooting attack for every psyker within 12", could lead to some interesting shooting phases.

As intriguing as the Culexus is, leaning toward the Techmarine. With the lack of long range stuff in my list, just seems a better fit. But turning two assassins loose on the battlefield just seems like fun. Vindicare to take the field as well. Other than that, just running my IDM list.
Back to top Go down
sirhelnor
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor
sirhelnor

PostSubject: Re: GK's Dilema for 'Ard Boyz   GK's Dilema for 'Ard Boyz Icon_minitime9th August 2011, 10:51 am

according to the last FAQ, servo skulls have no effect on the orbital strike relay... It's still scatters a full 2d6.

I've recently experimented with a list that had 3 techmarines with the OSR, and was fairly underwhelmed. Granted, there were some rules confusion (to include whether or not you get a cover save from a GK OSR) so I'm probably going to give them another chance.

I've had lots of luck with the conversion beamer, taking at least 2 and positioning them as far from the enemy as possible, preferably at opposite corners of the board allowing for a crossfire that can maximize the distance of the beam.

I've not really used the Culexus, so i can't provide much input there
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: GK's Dilema for 'Ard Boyz   GK's Dilema for 'Ard Boyz Icon_minitime9th August 2011, 8:33 pm

thanks for the info.

Don't want a bunch of rulz issues, I'll just use the other Assassin. Want to kill lots of stuff! Blood for...er, Purge the Heretic!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GK's Dilema for 'Ard Boyz   GK's Dilema for 'Ard Boyz Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GK's Dilema for 'Ard Boyz
Page 1 of 1