Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warhammer: Storm of Magic Thoughts...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sgtwaldo
Flash Git with a Grill
Flash Git with a Grill
sgtwaldo

Warhammer: Storm of Magic Thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Warhammer: Storm of Magic Thoughts...   Warhammer: Storm of Magic Thoughts... Icon_minitime26th June 2011, 3:52 pm

Oh man, I just took a look at the Storms of Magic pre-order stuff on the GW website and I think it is going to be amazing! I lllloooovvvveeee the new models they have coming out, they look really good (I could just be partial to it because alot of the stuff is chaos-y) I'm sure I am behind the ball on this one but has anyone heard any scuttlebutt on the new book? Do you think you can play the new expansion without buying the book and just getting the battle cards?
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer: Storm of Magic Thoughts...   Warhammer: Storm of Magic Thoughts... Icon_minitime26th June 2011, 4:02 pm

There's some pretty good explanation in this month's white dwarf.

I think the book will be pretty necessary for rules and the like, from the sounds of it. I know Warpig and T-shirt are both taking preorders currently.

I also know Warpig will also be getting a store copy of the rulebook.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer: Storm of Magic Thoughts...   Warhammer: Storm of Magic Thoughts... Icon_minitime26th June 2011, 8:55 pm

Rulebook is $50, due out July 9th if I recall correctly.

And yes you will need the rulebook to use the Storm of Magic stuff. Looking forward to this expansion.

Obviously we would need to look it over first, but I wouldn't be opposed to using the Storm of Magic in the upcoming league.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer: Storm of Magic Thoughts...   Warhammer: Storm of Magic Thoughts... Icon_minitime26th June 2011, 9:20 pm

Using storm of magic in the campaign would be awesome
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer: Storm of Magic Thoughts...   Warhammer: Storm of Magic Thoughts... Icon_minitime26th June 2011, 9:36 pm

I think it would have to be late league, like an optional part of the 2500. Whatever points value you field, you get an additional 25% to field only magic items and monsters on top of the agreed value!

so for at 2500, you would actually be playing with like 3125! The expansion is made to sell their monster figs!

Initially I would like to keep it just normal for learning and building purposes. I'm painting at a mad rate currently - I just can't build and paint any faster!

Ima givin her all she's got captain!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer: Storm of Magic Thoughts...   Warhammer: Storm of Magic Thoughts... Icon_minitime26th June 2011, 9:53 pm

Yeah, It would be like using Apoc for a 40k league. I think it's unfeasible at this point to expect people to play with SoM stuff.

Also, a lot of people indicated finances were a factor in how big the league went and added $60 for the book and the new magic cards would increase the financial investment.

On the upside, all the new local fantasy players mean that you'll be likely to find an opponent to use it with.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer: Storm of Magic Thoughts...   Warhammer: Storm of Magic Thoughts... Icon_minitime27th June 2011, 12:16 am

I was thinking it could be one those "if both players agree" type of things. Just that if I am playing one of the more veteran players, might bring some spice to a smaller point game. I wholeheartedly agree that the newer players should not use the Storm of Magic to start with. Might get confusing.

And obviously I haven't seen the book, so not sure if it is even feasible at smaller points limits.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer: Storm of Magic Thoughts...   Warhammer: Storm of Magic Thoughts... Icon_minitime27th June 2011, 12:20 am

I like the if both players agree idea a lot
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer: Storm of Magic Thoughts...   Warhammer: Storm of Magic Thoughts... Icon_minitime27th June 2011, 12:36 am

MonkeyMan wrote:
I like the if both players agree idea a lot

You need to learn the rules better before you try to use the SoM. Not making fun or anything, just saying.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer: Storm of Magic Thoughts...   Warhammer: Storm of Magic Thoughts... Icon_minitime27th June 2011, 7:17 am

As I understand it, SoM doesn't scale down. It's about controlling arcane fulcrums and throwing 4d6 power dice phases.

Also, if two new players who don't understand how it works screw up the game because of it, it will effect league scoring, so i'm hesitant to let it be used in an official capacity.

Plus what Verminlord said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer: Storm of Magic Thoughts...   Warhammer: Storm of Magic Thoughts... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warhammer: Storm of Magic Thoughts...
Page 1 of 1