Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rotterhorn at TSE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Rotterhorn at TSE Empty
PostSubject: Rotterhorn at TSE   Rotterhorn at TSE Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 7:02 pm

Just getting the word out that TSE will be running the Rotterhorn Warmahordes League. Gonna use this as an opportunity for the guys on this forum to get some more experience with this game if they so choose. Probably a lot of 15 and 25 pt battles going on as most just have Battleboxes that has expressed interest in doing this.

As TSE will have to order league kits for this event, limiting to the first 8 that signs up.

League starts June 20th and ends July 17th. Default game size is 50pts, however both players of any given league game can agree to a different size, 15, 25, 35, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 200pts are the acceptable point limits available for play. The size of the game played will determine the number of points a player can win per game. Bigger games, more points. All league games must be played at TSE. All games are scenario based, which can be found in the rules document.

http://privateerpress.com/files/2011%20Shattered%20Grounds%20League%20Rules.pdf

Rotterhorn Rules - http://privateerpress.com/files/rotterhorn_Rules_2.pdf

I am in with my Trollbloods.

Last edited by Verminlord on 1st June 2011, 8:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Rotterhorn at TSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotterhorn at TSE   Rotterhorn at TSE Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 7:15 pm

What day(s) will they run league games?

EDIT: Also, can you even be in two leagues? Since I'm already signed up at CHG for this season...
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Rotterhorn at TSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotterhorn at TSE   Rotterhorn at TSE Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 7:54 pm

bsimon wrote:
What day(s) will they run league games?

EDIT: Also, can you even be in two leagues? Since I'm already signed up at CHG for this season...

Don't know, will look into it about multiple leagues.

I doubt there will be specific days to get league games in, just whenever the players can work it out. As for the number of games allowed each week, will need to talk more to Brian about this on Friday. I am thinking 3 for max. Even if you only play one day a week, should be able to get all 3 in. Especially in the smaller point games.

Any thoughts? Sound ok?
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Rotterhorn at TSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotterhorn at TSE   Rotterhorn at TSE Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 8:02 pm

If you're doing hte official league, it defines games, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Rotterhorn at TSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotterhorn at TSE   Rotterhorn at TSE Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 8:28 pm

bsimon wrote:
If you're doing hte official league, it defines games, I believe.

Doesn't say anything about multiple leagues, just that league games for a given venue must be played at that venue. So, I don't see any problem with playing in both leagues.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Rotterhorn at TSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotterhorn at TSE   Rotterhorn at TSE Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 8:38 pm

This was what I meant:

Quote :

Ladder Rankings
The League Organizer tracks the position of each player participating in the league on a scoreboard called the
ladder. The first five games a player plays each week earn him league points, and these determine a player’s
standings on the ladder. Players can continue playing games after reaching their maximum for the week, but
additional games will not earn league points.

5 games per week, defined.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Rotterhorn at TSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotterhorn at TSE   Rotterhorn at TSE Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 9:27 pm

bsimon wrote:
This was what I meant:

Quote :

Ladder Rankings
The League Organizer tracks the position of each player participating in the league on a scoreboard called the
ladder. The first five games a player plays each week earn him league points, and these determine a player’s
standings on the ladder. Players can continue playing games after reaching their maximum for the week, but
additional games will not earn league points.

5 games per week, defined.

Yeah, read that in the rules, just forgot to put it up at the top. Doesn't say you have to play 5 though, just that only the first 5 count for league standings. So if you can't or don't want to play 5 games a week, there is no penalty for that. Just don't expect to win unless they are big points games.

Wish there was a way to handicap this. Seems the players that can field larger points have an unfair advantage. I would consider putting a 50pt cap on games so that the players just starting can actually have a chance of fielding this many points before league ends. Then when the Sand Narrows starts in September, there should be no issues with points limits as most should have sizable forces by then.
Also, you could still get credit for a 200pt game with the 50pt cap since 4 players could each field 50pts in a 2/2 game. Would be a nice finale event to shoot for to top off this leg of the league. Or weekly league game is fine as well.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Rotterhorn at TSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotterhorn at TSE   Rotterhorn at TSE Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 9:56 pm

Quote :

As for the number of games allowed each week, will need to talk more to Brian about this on Friday. I am thinking 3 for max.

That's what I was responding to.

And every league I've ever played has rewarded players with larger collections. Usually just by allowing more variety/ customizing of lists.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Rotterhorn at TSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotterhorn at TSE   Rotterhorn at TSE Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 10:16 pm

bsimon wrote:
And every league I've ever played has rewarded players with larger collections. Usually just by allowing more variety/ customizing of lists.

That is why, if there was or is a cap, it would be a one time deal just to give the guys starting a chance to win as well. I don't want someone not to play because they don't have enough models since they can't play the bigger points games.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Rotterhorn at TSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotterhorn at TSE   Rotterhorn at TSE Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 10:25 pm

Is that something you expect? I'd far more expect people not attending because they either 1) think/ know the can't win, or 2) can't find people to play the days they can make it.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Rotterhorn at TSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotterhorn at TSE   Rotterhorn at TSE Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 11:13 pm

bsimon wrote:
Is that something you expect? I'd far more expect people not attending because they either 1) think/ know the can't win, or 2) can't find people to play the days they can make it.

I just want to give the guys starting out with Battleboxes a chance is all. Is that so bad?
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Rotterhorn at TSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotterhorn at TSE   Rotterhorn at TSE Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 11:18 pm

Not at all. I figured some of your players (thinking Kevin/ Richard?/ Russell) wouldn't want to play with basically only battle boxes. Either way, it seems you end up limiting someone.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Rotterhorn at TSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotterhorn at TSE   Rotterhorn at TSE Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 11:38 pm

bsimon wrote:
Not at all. I figured some of your players (thinking Kevin/ Richard?/ Russell) wouldn't want to play with basically only battle boxes. Either way, it seems you end up limiting someone.

Yeah, either way someone is going to feel slighted. That is not the intention at all.

Thanks for playing Devil's Advocate. You always bring up some good points. The only reason I even mentioned the cap is because originally I thought there might be 4 guys start out with BB's. Idea sounded good, in theory.

Just need to talk to the rest that want to play again and see how they want to handle it. I am willing to accommodate, within reason of course.
Back to top Go down
sithkhan
Vanilla Marine with Blue Armor
Vanilla Marine with Blue Armor
sithkhan

Rotterhorn at TSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotterhorn at TSE   Rotterhorn at TSE Icon_minitime2nd June 2011, 6:59 pm

So I should plan on a 50 point list in order to be competitive and diverse?
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Rotterhorn at TSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotterhorn at TSE   Rotterhorn at TSE Icon_minitime2nd June 2011, 9:59 pm

sithkhan wrote:
So I should plan on a 50 point list in order to be competitive and diverse?

Most of the events are either 35 or 50 pts. So building to 50pts would be beneficial to participating in multiple events.

Default games are 50pts for the Rotterhorn, but players can agree to a different points limit. Just in case you didn't read the top post or overlooked it.
Back to top Go down
Bane
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Bane

Rotterhorn at TSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotterhorn at TSE   Rotterhorn at TSE Icon_minitime20th June 2011, 11:13 am

I happen to still have a battle box of Cygnar at home...you know, I think I will put it to use.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Rotterhorn at TSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotterhorn at TSE   Rotterhorn at TSE Icon_minitime23rd June 2011, 10:42 pm

With the CHG group playing some games at TSE, which they have also purchased a kit for the Rotterhorn.

With both groups having a league kit, gonna talk it over with Mike and see what is the best way to handle that. My suggestion was to have a beginners league and a veterans league. Keep the beginners league to 50pts and less games. And obviously to accommodate the less experienced players.

Any other suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rotterhorn at TSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotterhorn at TSE   Rotterhorn at TSE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rotterhorn at TSE
Page 1 of 1