Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A couple BRB qustions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

A couple BRB qustions Empty
PostSubject: A couple BRB qustions   A couple BRB qustions Icon_minitime21st April 2011, 2:39 pm

I've been reading a lot of deployment and tactics articles the last couple of days and some things have come up that either I didn't know or I have never played that way.

1.) Dawn of War - Do dedicated transports take up one of your HQ and Troop slots. I have always played that it did not. I asked a lot of the local players and they said they always played that they can start with their transport as its all part of the same troop or hq. (most of the locals aren't very good though so that didn't really reassure me.) So If I have a farseer, seer council wave serpent and 2 dire avenger wave serpents could they all start on the board? Or would it just allow one the seer council or their wave serpent and one dire avenger unit in a wave serpent?

2.) This was on YTTH. Stelek has been wrong in the past he isn't the tactics god he think he is. However he brought up a interesting point about ramming vehicles in the side.if I were to ram a chimera or rhino in the side with a wave serpent according to him its pinned there and cannot move. I don't have a brb on me as I'm currently out of town. I think the idea is that its within 1 inch and if he tries to move the vehicle he will be within 1 inch so he cannot move within 1 inch. It can't pivot either. I understand the can't pivot thing to prevent it from tank shocking anything except straight forward. I'm not convinced that the vehicle couldn't move at all. I don't see why it couldn't move straight forward or backwards. For that matter I couldn't see why the chimera/rhino couldn't do one of the classic move straight sideways strafe move away from the ramming vehicle.

The first one I'm more curious about as I've never played it that way nor have I ever played against someone who played it that way. The 2nd one I smell bull Shizer and I don't think I would ever use it on anyone because of the rules argument it would inevitably cause, not to mention the sports hit your likely to take. I just want to know if it is true so I won't be flabbergasted if someone ever pulls it on me at a larger event or something.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: A couple BRB qustions   A couple BRB qustions Icon_minitime21st April 2011, 3:27 pm

1. This is spelled out in Dawn of War that each unit is separate. A Farseer, a Seer Council, and their Wave Serpent are actually 3 different HQ units, although cumulatively they only take up 1 slot.

2. I'm not touching this one.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: A couple BRB qustions   A couple BRB qustions Icon_minitime21st April 2011, 4:59 pm

Yep, Dedicated rides count as a unit of the same type as the one they were bought for even in DOW deployment. Awkward though it is.

As strictly ruled as possible, I think the side ram-lock technically works, but good luck getting a TO to enforce it.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: A couple BRB qustions   A couple BRB qustions Icon_minitime21st April 2011, 5:10 pm

1. Transports are a choice in dawn of war. See te diagram and caption in the brb under dawn of war.

2. The 2nd part is bs and really stretching. The brb makes reference to vehicles moving away from close combat , right? Same circumstances.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A couple BRB qustions   A couple BRB qustions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A couple BRB qustions
Page 1 of 1