Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moving back to the River Valley

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sunshinej15
Flashlight toting Guardsman
Sunshinej15

Moving back to the River Valley Empty
PostSubject: Moving back to the River Valley   Moving back to the River Valley Icon_minitime16th April 2011, 10:25 pm

Hi all,

Blood Angels/Nids player moving back to the Fort Smith area in the next few months looking for a place to play and wondering what the scene is like (i.e. Apocalypse, tournaments, campaigns).
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Moving back to the River Valley   Moving back to the River Valley Icon_minitime16th April 2011, 10:49 pm

I don't know about the River Valley, but NW AR has a pretty solid scene. Tournaments have been sporadic lately, but there is a pretty big tournament in June called the Independence Day Massacre. There's an entry under Events all about it.

Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Moving back to the River Valley   Moving back to the River Valley Icon_minitime16th April 2011, 10:59 pm

Welcome to the boards!

The fort smith area is pretty dry as far as gaming goes but as monkey stated there is alot about 2 hours north. You can set up games under schedule when you feel like heading up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Moving back to the River Valley   Moving back to the River Valley Icon_minitime16th April 2011, 11:07 pm

Welcome to the Forums!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
crossbonesx11
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
crossbonesx11

PostSubject: Re: Moving back to the River Valley   Moving back to the River Valley Icon_minitime16th April 2011, 11:53 pm

I live in Fort Smith and really the only place in town is Hobbytown USA. Small but growing selection of in stock items, but great service for special orders. Went in today and there were 8-12 players, having a great time. I do not know any of them because I am more of modeler than a competitive player. The scene down here is better now than it has been in 5 years or so. Also like has been mentioned there are 3 shops up in NWA that run tournies. The hogs here tie it all together!
Back to top Go down
Sunshinej15
Flashlight toting Guardsman
Sunshinej15

PostSubject: Re: Moving back to the River Valley   Moving back to the River Valley Icon_minitime17th April 2011, 12:22 am

Right on thanks Fayetteville isn't that far a drive. I prefer campaigns does anybody tend to run those?

Is that the Hobbytown USA next to Price Cutter/KFC? Do you know if they sell magnets and plasticard?
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Moving back to the River Valley   Moving back to the River Valley Icon_minitime17th April 2011, 1:34 am

crossbonesx11 wrote:
I live in Fort Smith and really the only place in town is Hobbytown USA. Small but growing selection of in stock items, but great service for special orders. Went in today and there were 8-12 players, having a great time. I do not know any of them because I am more of modeler than a competitive player. The scene down here is better now than it has been in 5 years or so. Also like has been mentioned there are 3 shops up in NWA that run tournies. The hogs here tie it all together!

Cool. Glad to hear there is gaming returning to the area. there has always been a void since mystic domaim went out about 8 years ago.

If you go back in and see the gamers point them in the direction of our forum!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Moving back to the River Valley   Moving back to the River Valley Icon_minitime17th April 2011, 7:44 am

I am trying to learn 40k right now, I am going to try the campaign thing(once I have a few squads of Grey Knights) because I like the idea of it Cool
Back to top Go down
crossbonesx11
crossbonesx11

PostSubject: Re: Moving back to the River Valley   Moving back to the River Valley Icon_minitime19th April 2011, 12:59 am

Sunshinej15 wrote:
Right on thanks Fayetteville isn't that far a drive. I prefer campaigns does anybody tend to run those?

Is that the Hobbytown USA next to Price Cutter/KFC? Do you know if they sell magnets and plasticard?

That is the Hobbytown I was talking about and they do not currently carry magnets or plasticard, but as the scene grows down here I am sure they will.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moving back to the River Valley   Moving back to the River Valley Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moving back to the River Valley
Page 1 of 1