Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tomb Kings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
warhammerworld
Apothecary with a box of band aids
Apothecary with a box of band aids

Tomb Kings Empty
PostSubject: Tomb Kings   Tomb Kings Icon_minitime14th April 2011, 7:33 pm

The new Tomb Kings book is now out in selected stores, and can be looked upon with awe and wonder. Some of the new selections are quite interesting, and the old stand by selections, like skeletons, are quite tasty! How about 4 points per model for WS5 S3 T3 with 6+ ward save models! That's what happens with a Tomb Prince in a unit of Skeletons! For about 250 points I can have 30 of those guys on the table, and every time I cast a successful TK spell, I can get models back to the unit if they have been removed. 3 Units of this will make it in my army! Chariots now do D6 impact hits, and gain +1S for each rank bonus they have. At 50 points each, I can see this unit of 7 wreaking havoc across the game board.

The Magic seems quite good at first glance, and after about 30 minutes of examining it, I have concluded that it is feasable to have a level 4 and a level 2. The signature spell moves units, and that means that each magic user that uses that discipline will have that spell. The Casket of Souls is no longer a character slot, but rather a rare choice, and adds D3 power dice to the pool. It casts a nasty bound level 5 spell that the opponent must stop, especially if the enemy has small units or monsters on the board.

Here's my first impression list - no points, but I'm close

Tomb King

High Liche Priest

Low Liche Priest

Low Liche Priest

Tomb Prince

Tomb Prince

Hearald

30 Skellies

30 Skellies

30 Skellies Archers

6 Chariots