Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Possible 40k tournament list

Go down 
+2
Monkey
bsimon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Possible 40k tournament list Empty
PostSubject: Possible 40k tournament list   Possible 40k tournament list Icon_minitime10th April 2011, 4:28 pm

I know my weakness will be psychic abilities. Thoughts otherwise?

130 Belial, Twin LC
205 Sammael

290 Terminators*5, TH/SS*4, LC, Apothecary, Banner, CML
235 Terminators*5, TH/SS*4, LC, CML
235 Terminators*5, TH/SS*4, LC, CML
315 Bikes*6, PG*2, Apothecary, MM Attack Bike
295 Bikes*6, MG*2, MM Attack Bike, MB
295 Bikes*6, MG*2, MM Attack Bike, MB
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Possible 40k tournament list   Possible 40k tournament list Icon_minitime10th April 2011, 4:54 pm

Will and Eric have been running a list somewhat like this, though with more terminators, and it's pretty hard to kill, but it lacks maneuverability. The bikes are largely a liability in kill points missions, especially the attack bikes. I actually like the idea of the apothecary in the bikes as that will make them more survivable. I'd be a little worried with that few CMLs against mech heavy armies. These are just my thoughts, and my perceptions may be skewed because I've only faced these with my current daemon list, which is stupid fast and effectively controls anything not in a transport. There's nothing better than throwing a unit of terminators around with Pavane.
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur

PostSubject: Re: Possible 40k tournament list   Possible 40k tournament list Icon_minitime10th April 2011, 5:15 pm

I like the list with more terms and typhoons rather than bikes.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Possible 40k tournament list   Possible 40k tournament list Icon_minitime10th April 2011, 5:53 pm

Farkle all this other mess.

Dark angel bikes with meltas and MM attack bikes and M bombs are the Shizer! Wink

Scout so pregame 3+ cover if you go first blow up as many transports as you can and assault. This list will tear up most mech shooty lists (seems to be a tourny staple list nowadays) if you go first if you go second you can out flank the bikes and use them the same as an eldar player would use a 3 man Jbike squad. Adding melta pop shots where needed and termies win against most foot sloggers.

I think one thing that DA can provide form a tournament perspective is they're amazing land speeders. No really more amazing than other land speeders. A DA speeder can have the cyclone missiles and a MM for 75 points instead of the 100 points for all other codexes. (sp?)

I don't know if the double wing is the best bet only play testing with your style of play can really tell. I made a similar list dropping Beliel so the the termies weren't scoring but I like the alpha strike Idea of poping all their transports quickly or if going second just scout turbo booster everything staying back and getting hells cover saves everywhere.

Without having the list or points it was something like

Samuel (on a bike not the speeder) 245ish???
(3x) 1 speeder MM Missiles 225
(a fewX??) 6x bikes 2x Mg, Mbombs, MM attack bike (squad out mbomb and 2 meltas on same squad in obj)
(2x) termies 4 THSS 1 claw 1 missiles
(3x) Pred Ac/Lc Sponsons

Demons will be a sore spot always for any list like this. Luckly only 2% of players actually play demons...

Something along those lines. Let me know how the list does if you play double wing. Dark Angels are my fav chapter and army.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Possible 40k tournament list   Possible 40k tournament list Icon_minitime10th April 2011, 6:11 pm

littleboyblues wrote:
Fuck all this other mess.

Dark angel bikes with meltas and MM attack bikes and M bombs are the Shizer! Wink

Silly profanity filter, you grabbed the wrong word.

On the topic of bikes, I agree on their amazingness (amazinosity?) but I don't think they should fill your troops slots, at least not exclusively. They're simply too susceptible to Melta/missile/Lascannon fire and they can't safely hide in forests/area terrain for the cover save that keeps footies alive. My favorites use for them: scout forward and turn 1 DWA in Belial and Pals off the beacon right in your opponents face. Yes they will die, horribly but the rest of your army stays unthouched (relatively) also Melta in the backfield ftw.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Possible 40k tournament list   Possible 40k tournament list Icon_minitime10th April 2011, 8:32 pm

All great in theory but I respectfully disagree. Ive seen the wing list played about eleventy times now. Youll catch some folks flat footed but those whove played it will know exactly whats up.

Dark angel bikes are worthless in hth and fearless means they take wounds even more after they lost. Once they are neutralized you just outmaneuver the termies and engage them the same way you eat an elephant. A reserve all against the list can be brutal to make you drop spread out or balled up. Either way is a liability as your opponent just ignores the termies or picks them apart a unit at a time. Daemons are rare but everyone can pull the same trick to get you to drop prior to them arriving!

I do like that in matts list there are predators added in to give ranged and the bike units are big so that's a good thing too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Possible 40k tournament list   Possible 40k tournament list Icon_minitime10th April 2011, 8:38 pm

Your bikes are going to eat it, something you have to learn to accept running a dual wing list IMO. Especially if they get charged. That's the main reason I advocate small units there. But you make the most important point when it comes to a list like this. While this isn't the slowest list out there, it is in no way the fastest. Most mech armies will drive circles around you and laugh while doing it. (Don't take my game against Eric as an example here. I manage to talk the talk but can't walk the walk for crap.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible 40k tournament list   Possible 40k tournament list Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible 40k tournament list
Page 1 of 1