Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HAPPY TIMES

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sithkhan
Vanilla Marine with Blue Armor
Vanilla Marine with Blue Armor
sithkhan

HAPPY TIMES Empty
PostSubject: HAPPY TIMES   HAPPY TIMES Icon_minitime7th April 2011, 3:07 pm

So after talking to Ares following a good old-fashioned beat down by Darkhorse, it came up that GW might be moving from metal minis. I just saw this article on BoLS [I know, I know], and my first thought was " This summer the new PLASTIC Hellcannon will be introduced!"

Hey, a guy can dream, right?
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

HAPPY TIMES Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAPPY TIMES   HAPPY TIMES Icon_minitime7th April 2011, 3:32 pm

I'm not holding my breath that they are actually moving from metal yet. I've got a sneaking feeling that this might just be a halt of their current metals, and moving to a new process or just simply a repack.

That said i'd welcome a plastic mephiston or dwarf grudge thrower. I know big_d would welcome a plastic scrap launcher.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

HAPPY TIMES Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAPPY TIMES   HAPPY TIMES Icon_minitime7th April 2011, 4:37 pm

I keep seeing this and I keep seeing this. I am seeing it EVERYWHERE on the internet. If it is that prevalent of a rumor you have to wonder if there isn't some truth behind it.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

HAPPY TIMES Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAPPY TIMES   HAPPY TIMES Icon_minitime7th April 2011, 5:16 pm

well the part of reps telling shops to sell through their blister and metal boxes is true. Thats why (i'm assuming) ares is doing a sale on blisters.

The second part about them going plastic for these is just a guess on the reasoning for the sell through. The other rumor is that they are just doing this to prep for a repackaging of the line (possibly for a new package design for 6th ed.)

Until we hear from GW one way or the other, be prepared to have a hard time finding popular metal models soon.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

HAPPY TIMES Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAPPY TIMES   HAPPY TIMES Icon_minitime7th April 2011, 5:32 pm

But there have also been rumors of forgeworld working more closely with GW that may point toward resin replacing some of the metals.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

HAPPY TIMES Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAPPY TIMES   HAPPY TIMES Icon_minitime8th April 2011, 10:25 pm

I think right now the current working theory is that they're moving to some kind of plastic/resin style thing but its just to save money on the metals as the price of metal is constantly going up. This new way the can keep all the of the current molds and just change to this new material. The same thing confrontation did a year or two ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HAPPY TIMES Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAPPY TIMES   HAPPY TIMES Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HAPPY TIMES
Page 1 of 1