Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles Empty
PostSubject: WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles   WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles Icon_minitime27th March 2011, 9:47 am

So, I am going to this thing and I'm absolutely going to play my Angels in the singles. However, I have a strong desire to throw together a small Black Templar force. I think the doubles tourney would be perfect for this. However, I have no partner for said doubles. Any of you kids interested or know someone who might be?

This is what I'm think of running:

HQ:
Emperor's Champion - Abhor the Witch - 110

Elite:
Sword Bretheren Terminators x5 - CML x2, Tank Hunters - 265
Sword Bretheren Terminators x5 - CML x2, Tank Hunters - 265

Troops:
Initiates x5 - Plasma Gun, Lascannon, Frags - 106
Initiates x5 - Plasma Gun, Lascannon, Frags - 106

Fast:
Landspeeder - Hvy Bolter/Typhoon - 70
Landspeeder - Hvy Bolter/Typhoon - 70

Total: 992/1000

Crazy low troop count is unnerving (as is the low model count overall), but I'm thinking pairing up with any 5th Ed Army will balance it out. Also, 8 Tank Hunting missiles, 4 Normal missiles, 2 Lascannons, and 2 Plasguns seems decent for 1k.

Side note: not sure if this should be in the lists section since it has a list in it but I'm also looking for a doubles partner so Capn Moderate at will.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles   WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles Icon_minitime27th March 2011, 12:51 pm

Thread closed!

Just kidding. We can leave it here.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles   WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles Icon_minitime7th April 2011, 1:27 pm

Hows this for a partner list for yours?

1000 Pts - Blood Angels Roster

Total Roster Cost: 995

HQ: Mephiston, Lord of Death (1#, 250 pts)
. . 1 Mephiston, Lord of Death, 250 pts

Troops: Assault Squad (6#, 195 pts)
. . 3 Assault Squad, 54 pts = 3 * 18
. . . . 1 Assault Marine with Meltagun, 28 pts = (base cost 18 + Meltagun 10)
. . . . 1 Sergeant, 58 pts = (base cost 28 + Melta Bombs 5) + Power Fist x1 25
. . . . 1 Razorback, 55 pts = (base cost 20) + Lascannon and TL Plasmagun 35

Troops: Assault Squad (6#, 195 pts)
. . 3 Assault Squad, 54 pts = 3 * 18
. . . . 1 Sergeant, 58 pts = (base cost 28 + Melta Bombs 5) + Power Fist x1 25

Elite: Sanguinary Priest (2#, 130 pts)
. . 1 Sanguinary Priest, 0 pts
. . . . 1 Sanguinary Priest in Power Armour, 65 pts = (base cost 50 + Melta Bombs 5 + Combi-Meltagun 10)
. . . . 1 Sanguinary Priest in Power Armour, 65 pts = (base cost 50 + Melta Bombs 5 + Combi-Meltagun 10)

Heavy Support: Stormraven Gunship (1#, 225 pts)
. . 1 Stormraven Gunship, 225 pts = (base cost 200) + Typhoon Missile Launcher 25
Back to top Go down
sirhelnor
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor
sirhelnor

PostSubject: Re: WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles   WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles Icon_minitime7th April 2011, 4:14 pm

wouldn't "Abhor the Witch" prevent the BT from allying with the BAs as long as they've got Meph (or any librarian) in the list?
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles   WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles Icon_minitime7th April 2011, 4:21 pm

No, as far as I'm aware it's referring to the alliance rules that now only exist via the Witchhunters book. Since the two players are each bringing their own armies there should be no issues. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles   WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles Icon_minitime8th April 2011, 8:06 am

Possible alliance issues aside, only 4 5-man troops at 2k (essentially) might be a bit low. Although, if we can find a team that doesn't mind mass proxy-hammer (I'm looking at you Blake) we can try it out a few times. If all goes well I'll be able to build this and finish out my angels within the month (building not painting obviously).

Last edited by PhantomPhoenix on 8th April 2011, 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Please excuse double post oh capn my capn.)
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles   WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles Icon_minitime8th April 2011, 8:22 am

The only thing I have been able to find about Abhor the witch and team games is that if I was to cast on your units, I would not be able to cast on your units without you having the option to hood roll. Since it's not a true alliance as you pointed out.

20 troops is low as you said, but having seen a lot of team games this past weekend it's actually on par with most marine armies run in events like this.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles   WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles Icon_minitime8th April 2011, 2:34 pm

It is hard to have many more troops than two per person. You can cast things on your ally at the doubles tourney, freely.

For example, I can fortune space marine units.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles   WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles Icon_minitime9th April 2011, 10:28 am

Well, what do you think Jester? Do the two lists seem compatible? I've never really done doubles so any input for you more experienced folk would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles   WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles Icon_minitime10th April 2011, 4:01 pm

I think the lists can work together. I would drop the lcannons from at least one unit of initiates if not both. They wont do much except die if they are out on the board. I would just reserve these guys and walk them on to take any of your rear objectives. Maybe buy another speeder? Your hitting power is the termies and speeders can shoot down valks and the like.

Herrons list works pretty well and can give you some ranged support but Is mephy going in the storm raven? If so thats one expensive ride. With no drednought to ride either, id look af dropping it and maybe taking some missle launcher blood angels with a rhino. Then have them deploy in cover and have mephy mount up in the fast ride to overwhelm the enemy line with the termies.

The priests are cool and would be nice to have them up by the termies but look at the wording and make sure it states friendly models and not just blood angels. The priests cant join the termies since they arent in the bt codex. The bt Can be affected by the ayra though.
Back to top Go down
sirhelnor
sirhelnor

PostSubject: Re: WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles   WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles Icon_minitime10th April 2011, 4:26 pm

Wildeyedjester wrote:
The priests are cool and would be nice to have them up by the termies but look at the wording and make sure it states friendly models and not just blood angels. The priests cant join the termies since they arent in the bt codex. The bt Can be affected by the ayra though.

Blood Chalice is "all friendly units" so there shouldn't be any issues with sharing the aura
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles   WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles Icon_minitime10th April 2011, 4:46 pm

My initial idea was for the raven to stick in the back with andy's init's so if he need a fast reposition it was available. The only reason i had put the missile pack was to add a better ranged attack on it so it could stick around in the back. It was my idea to do what most of the players I saw running mephy do, which is since he's not a MC he can hide perfectly behind a rhino hull. I'd be move the razorbacks up 12, pop smoke on the one acting as the screen, have mephy cast wings on himself, and move up behind.

After reading your post though it gave me some room to think.. I agree the raven is expensive for a ride.

1000 Pts - Blood Angels Roster

Total Roster Cost: 996

HQ: Mephiston, Lord of Death (1#, 250 pts)
. . 1 Mephiston, Lord of Death, 250 pts

Troops: Assault Squad (7#, 208 pts)
. . 4 Assault Squad, 72 pts = 4 * 18
. . . . 1 Sergeant, 53 pts = (base cost 28) + Power Fist x1 25

Troops: Assault Squad (7#, 208 pts)
. . 4 Assault Squad, 72 pts = 4 * 18
. . . . 1 Sergeant, 53 pts = (base cost 28) + Power Fist x1 25

Elite: Sanguinary Priest (3#, 150 pts)
. . 1 Sanguinary Priest, 0 pts
. . . . 1 Sanguinary Priest in Power Armour, 50 pts

Heavy Support: Devastator Squad (6#, 180 pts)
. . 4 Devastator Squad, 107 pts = 4 * 16 (base cost 16) + Missile Launcher x4 40 + Sergeant 26
. . . . 1 Sergeant, 23 pts
. . . . 1 Rhino, 50 pts

This list matches up more with what you were suggesting i think. Have the devs stay out in cover, and have Mephy and a priest hop in their rhino. Have the rhino move up to within 6" of the termies, and have mephy jump out and be the jerk he is with fnp and fc along with the terms.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles   WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles Icon_minitime10th April 2011, 4:54 pm

Mephy has to ride solo as he's not an IC and can't join/be joined.

If I drop Lascannon and grenades from the troops and lose tankhunters from the termies I can just barely fit in another Typhoon. Not sure if trading 10 S9 shots for 10 S8 shots and a speeder hull are worth it, but definitely worth a playtest.

Important note: for BT inits the Lascannon only costs 3 meltabombs
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles   WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles Icon_minitime10th April 2011, 5:05 pm

Yeah only mephy in rhino. Think of it as a vampire delivery missile.

Dont think of it as trading 2 str 8 shots. If your only 2 troop units are on the table trying to shoot one lcannon they will be a liability. Them surviving is more important than the 2 lcan shots since you only have the 2 troops.

Afaic your termies should be running against most other armies. If im playing guard im pleased you stopped to shoot, honestly. Id rather you crack stun/immobilize chimeras than be in my line a turn earlier.

Id leave the cmls on but was also thinking tank hunters at 1000 points was too much.

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 10th April 2011, 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles   WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles Icon_minitime10th April 2011, 5:07 pm

doh oh yea forgot about that.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles   WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles Icon_minitime10th April 2011, 8:43 pm

Wildeyedjester wrote:
Afaic your termies should be running against most other armies. If im playing guard im pleased you stopped to shoot, honestly. Id rather you crack stun/immobilize chimeras than be in my line a turn earlier.

These aren't like the DA Terminators w/ THSS, these are tac terminators. Would you really be running them instead of using them as a mobile fire platform?

Also, what would you think of this Shawn?

Meph - 250

Sang Priest x2 - Nekkid - 100

Tac Squad x10 - Melta, Missile Launcher, Razorback(Las/Plas) - 265
Tac Squad x10 - Melta, Missile Launcher, Razorback(Las/Plas) - 265

Devastators x5 - Missile Launcher x3 - 120

I know you lose your Mephy Rhino and 3rd priest, but you gain 2 Troops (after Combat Squadding) and an extra Missile Launcher. Exactly 1000.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles   WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles Icon_minitime18th June 2011, 8:37 am

Yea , i think the extra troops might be good.

Btw I registered today, and i need to have the list to submit by monday. Have you made any changes to your side of the list?
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles   WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles Icon_minitime18th June 2011, 10:26 pm

Yep that's right for points

EC - Abhor - 110

Termies x5 - CML x2, CF - 255
Termies x5 - CML x2, CF - 255

Initiates x5 - LasPlas - 101
Initiates x5 - LasPlas - 101

Typhoon - MM - 85
Typhoon - MM - 85

992/1000
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles   WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WAR Games/BOLScon Doubles
Page 1 of 1