Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Doubles Dual Tau

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

Doubles Dual Tau Empty
PostSubject: Doubles Dual Tau   Doubles Dual Tau Icon_minitime28th October 2010, 1:29 am

1000 Pts - Tau Empire Roster

HQ: Commander Shas'el (1#, 87 pts)
1 Commander Shas'el @ 87 pts ((C:TE, pg. 32); Acute Senses; Deep Strike; Independent Character; Unit Type: Jump Infantry (Jet Packs); Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Multi-Tracker)

Fast Attack: Piranha Light Skimmer (6#, 150 pts)
2 Piranha Light Skimmer @ 150 pts (Unit Type: Vehicle (Skimmer, Fast, Open-topped); Fusion Blaster x2; Gun Drones x4; Disruption Pod x2; Targeting Array x2)
4 Gun Drones (Twin Linked Pulse Carbines)

Fast Attack: Piranha Light Skimmer (6#, 150 pts)
2 Piranha Light Skimmer @ 150 pts (Unit Type: Vehicle (Skimmer, Fast, Open-topped); Fusion Blaster x2; Gun Drones x4; Disruption Pod x2; Targeting Array x2)
4 Gun Drones (Twin Linked Pulse Carbines)

Elite: Crisis Battlesuit (3#, 141 pts)
3 Crisis Battlesuit @ 141 pts ((C:TE, pg. 34); Acute Senses; Deep Strike; Unit Type: Jump Infantry (Jet Packs); Flamer; Twin Linked Missile Pod)

3 Crisis Battlesuit @ 141 pts ((C:TE, pg. 34); Acute Senses; Deep Strike; Unit Type: Jump Infantry (Jet Packs); Flamer; Twin Linked Missile Pod)

Troops: Kroot Carnivore Squad (19#, 130 pts)
16 Kroot Carnivore Squad @ 130 pts ((C:TE, pg. 37); Infiltrate; Unit Type: Infantry; Add Kroot Hounds; Kroot Rifle x16)
3 Kroot Hounds

Troops: Fire Warrior (6#, 60 pts)
6 Fire Warrior @ 60 pts ((C:TE, pg. 36); Unit Type: Infantry; Pulse Rifle x6)

Total Roster Cost: 1000

1000 Pts - Tau Empire Roster

HQ: Commander Shas'el (2#, 97 pts)
1 Commander Shas'el @ 97 pts ((C:TE, pg. 32); Acute Senses; Deep Strike; Independent Character; Unit Type: Jump Infantry (Jet Packs); Missile Pod; Shield Drone; Plasma Rifle; Drone Controller)
1 Shield Drone (Shield Generator)

Elite: Crisis Battlesuit (3#, 186 pts)
3 Crisis Battlesuit @ 186 pts ((C:TE, pg. 34); Acute Senses; Deep Strike; Unit Type: Jump Infantry (Jet Packs); Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Multi-Tracker)

Elite: Crisis Battlesuit (3#, 186 pts)
3 Crisis Battlesuit @ 186 pts ((C:TE, pg. 34); Acute Senses; Deep Strike; Unit Type: Jump Infantry (Jet Packs); Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Multi-Tracker)

Heavy Support: Broadside Battlesuit (3#, 240 pts)
3 Broadside Battlesuit @ 240 pts ((C:TE, pg. 40); Acute Senses; Unit Type: Infantry; Twin linked Railgun; Smart Missile System; Advanced Stabilisation System)

Heavy Support: Hammerhead Gunship (1#, 170 pts)
1 Hammerhead Gunship @ 170 pts ((C:TE, pg. 41); Unit Type: Vehicle (Tank, Skimmer); Railgun; Two Burst Cannons; Targeting Array; Blacksun Filter; Disruption Pod; Landing Gear; Multi-Tracker)

Total Roster Cost: 999

Its tough having to fit those troops in there....essentially the first list would be to wall out the enemy and destroy transports while list 2 did the big power shots
Back to top Go down
jordanpoc
Necron in a clown wig
Necron in a clown wig
jordanpoc

Doubles Dual Tau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doubles Dual Tau   Doubles Dual Tau Icon_minitime28th October 2010, 1:44 am

hmm. alright, since i'll most likely be running one of these, I gotta question some of the choices.

List 1:
I like it. Cept for the flamers. I know I personally never want my Suits in range to use one of these. Burst cannons if you're worried about mass?

Besides that, it looks good.

List 2:
Love the Fireknives. Maybe on the Broadsides, Target Locks instead? Idk, thats just a personal preference. Just so I can shoot down 3 different vehicles and not get one and have the other 2 be useless.

And on the Hammerhead, why not Smart Missile System? and why the blacksun filter?
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Doubles Dual Tau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doubles Dual Tau   Doubles Dual Tau Icon_minitime28th October 2010, 1:56 am

The flamers are a point dump. If I am running 1000 points I dont want to waste it on suits who are already twin linked and doing their job. its 9 points total as opposed to basicly 30 with anything else.

The Broadsides need mobility as a rule of thumb for me. I think it would be a good idea to make one of them a leader and give him HW target lock though.

I never move my Hammerhead less than 12 inches a turn. That means I will mostly likely never fire secondary weapons. I try to stay over 24 inches away so that nothing can get within 12 of me. The blacksun is because I was left with 5 points and kind of just put them somewhere. It could be useful in the one DOW game per tournament- I've busted a landraider turn one DOW using it once lol.

EDIT: But note that my HH is modeled with SMS. I like them ran that way, but never seem to have enough points to do it.
Back to top Go down
jordanpoc
Necron in a clown wig
Necron in a clown wig
jordanpoc

Doubles Dual Tau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doubles Dual Tau   Doubles Dual Tau Icon_minitime28th October 2010, 2:12 am

I can get my HH to look natural with burst cannons. Got a same colored devilfish w/ them. I don't have my codex on me, but if my point totals are right, (probably aren't), couldn't you dump the flamers for more fire warriors?

Edit: Mixed my lists together.

Whats the purpose of the 2nd list HQ?
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Doubles Dual Tau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doubles Dual Tau   Doubles Dual Tau Icon_minitime28th October 2010, 2:40 am

I think both lists have to have HQs, as well as two troop choices. I find that firewarriors are worthless unless markerlighted, and this list didnt have room for them. I kind of just threw them in there as a cheap troop choice.

If you hold them in reserve and then guard them with suits, they can make it to objectives pretty nicely by foot. Dont get me wrong, I always run devilfish- but I dont think there would be room in this list to give up 85 points a FW squad

EDIT: Take for instance, you have 6 fire warriors rapid firing at basic marines. You are hitting with 6 shots. Then you are wounding with 4. 1.5 of those shots actually wounds. Say you have 10 firewarriors rapid firing. You hit 10, wound 7.5, actually wound with 2.5. Those FW will never see combat unless you take a DF- 85 more points

For the same price you just paid for that squad you can get almost 2 squads of TL MP crisis suits. They are hitting with all 6 shots most of the time. They are wounding with 5 of those shots. That's the same amount of wounds as 10 firewarriors from 36 inches away. Meaning- you are not going to get in dead-Tau range.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Doubles Dual Tau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doubles Dual Tau   Doubles Dual Tau Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doubles Dual Tau
Page 1 of 1