Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eldar Dialing In

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Eldar Dialing In Empty
PostSubject: Eldar Dialing In   Eldar Dialing In Icon_minitime23rd March 2011, 6:09 pm

I've had a few games under my belt so far, strangly enough not one of them against a marine list. There is almost no local marine players... shrug. I'm starting to see what I like and what I don't like. I've started to shape up the list pretty well and am happy with what I have so far. The trouble I've ran into is the last 50 points and a couple of wargear options. Here is the list as is so far.

Autarch, Fusion gun, Jetbike
Autarch, Fusion gun, Jetbike

5x Fire Dragons,
Wave Serpent, TL Shuriken Cannon
5x Fire Dragons,
5x Fire Dragons,

10x Storm Guardians, 2x Fusion Guns
3x Jet bikes, Shuriken Cannon
3x Jet bikes, Shuriken Cannon

Fire Prism
Fire Prism
2x Warwalkers 2x Shuriken Cannons

That's 1990.

The Issue I'm having is I don't think that 2 warwalkers is going to do the job well. Also I miss my warlock with a spear in each storm guardian squad. The warlocks add a leadership boost to the unit and a bs 4 strength 9 shot and a always wound a MC on a 2+. I miss having the warlocks but I would have to free up 112 points to add the 4 in the list. Having two bs 3 meltas and a bs 4 str 9 makes each storm guardian squad a threat to both armor and MCs. One option I was thinking about was taking the autarchs off the bikes and putting them with storm guardians and then the other two squads could have warlocks with spears. Two units would have 3 meltas (one being bs7) and the other two would have 2 meltas and a str 9 shot. What I like about the autarchs on jetbikes in the games I've played so far is that I can keep them with the jetbiekes making them leadership 10 and less likely to run and adding in some wounds and a invuln save. Later in the match or when ever I see fit they can become a quick kamikaze style unit and run up shooting its bs7 meltagun or picking on those stragaling units or things that need to be autokilled.

Option 1
Keep the Autarchs on jetbikes and the list as is.

Option 2
Drop both jetbikes on the Autarchs and add two warlocks with embolden and spears.
Makeing all my storm guardians much more of a threat all around and a little more surviavable.

Option 3
Keep the list as is for the most part but drop one Autarch to be on foot to free up 30 points and get my last warwalker for the squad.

What do you think would be the most optimized. Really the list is the same play style no matter which one I play. I'm just trying to get the final dialed in to perfection thing with my last points and options.
Back to top Go down
BIg Al
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
BIg Al

Eldar Dialing In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar Dialing In   Eldar Dialing In Icon_minitime24th March 2011, 6:58 am

Geesh. That is a lot of wave serpents. Agree on the third WW - need it. I would put both Aut in wave serps to beef up those storm guardian squads. Hmm. Can I get option two and three? BTW, What happened to the Vypers?
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Eldar Dialing In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar Dialing In   Eldar Dialing In Icon_minitime25th March 2011, 3:15 am

I took the vypers out because to maximize their fire power you can only move 6 inches a turn, which is about the slowest moving thing in my army and they're open topped and 20 points higher than the walkers which are not opened topped. I'm just getting my tourny army together. Honestly after I get it where I want it around the local scene I'll probably still run them. I love the models, already have 3 painted and own 7 all together. All those wave serpents are amazing! Razz

Played a lot of games here lately. I've played two games against Fletch and his Deldar.
His list is;

Witch hq, power weapon always wound on 4 thing
Witch hq, power weapon always wound on 4 thing
10 Witches, pw 4+, 2 other weapons, Raider
8 Witches, pw 4+, 2 other weapons, Raider
8 Witches, pw 4+, 2 other weapons, Raider
Ravager
Ravager
3x bikes, melta lance
3x bikes, melta lance

All his raiders have flicker fields, tank prow things, sails
All his witches have haywire grenades

Game 1
Dawn of War, kill points
All his people get +1 Attack

He generally just comes all on hawlin Arse and getting in my face. I get everything on turn 2 except one fire dragon and one jet bikes or fire prism? I pop a couple of raiders and kill some stuff. I completely under estimate 60 some odd haywire grenades even though they need 6's to hit most time. He completely trashes most of my vehicles. Most of my Infantry are pretty easy to kill and he does so. We end up with a very bloody game where I get 12 kill points and he gets 16!!! Win for Fletch. I understand a couple target priority mistakes I made and I'm less concerned with raiders and a lot more scared of those damn grenades.

Game 2
Pitched Battles, 4 objectives
All his people get feel no pain... horay!

He held back a little scared of my jump from off the board attack. I changed my priority from kill all vehicles and letting the witches run loose to kill two raiders a turn and completely level the witches inside. The game was pretty one sided from turn 3 on and He only had 4 or 5 models when the game ended.

New gray knights Elite army played by the store owner.

Inquisitor all kitted out with termy army and hammer
5x palidins various fancy things
Land Raider Crusader
Storm Raven
Storm Raven
5 Termies with fancy things
5 Termies with fancy things
Vindicare Assassin
Dreadknight, kitted out for destruction, sword, jump infantry, 2 guns

Game 3
Pitched battle, Kill points

I honestly came into this game overly confident... Boy oh boy. While this doesn't look like the scariest list I've seen floating about the Enterwebz for the new gray knights I couldn't hardly do anything. His army hardly gave up any kill points and every one you had to work for. I came in hard on a flank and did literally nothing and he downed a couple of things and the dreadknight ate a WSerp for lunch with that sword. I killed the Dreadknight with some fire dragons. The vindicare sat in the top of the dark angel cathedral that's about 18 inches tall the whole game. Everything I shot at the Land raider failed to pen or hit. Everything I shot the storm ravens lost its 'melta' so failed to hit and pen. All my str 6 shooting couldn't do anything but glance his storm ravens and every glance I did to all vehicles had a LD test 10 to completely negate. A TL-LasCan and TL-MM with PotMS and a crusader able to all split fire and hit multiple units crippled me insanely quick. Every Fire Prism shot I took went wide... At the end of turn 4 I had 1 kill point he had 8... His whole army had 9 kill points so all I could do is table him to win. I ended up winning for 2 reasons. The game lasted 7 turns (turn 7 I finally picked off the vindicare) and he got out of his transports. I don't know if he did this as a mistake or it was wanna those 'fuck the game I wanna fight' things. I ended up getting him in the end. I know full well I shouldn't have though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eldar Dialing In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar Dialing In   Eldar Dialing In Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar Dialing In
Page 1 of 1