Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

p3 armor wash

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

p3 armor wash Empty
PostSubject: p3 armor wash   p3 armor wash Icon_minitime26th February 2011, 1:42 pm

I'm really sad about how this stuff turned out. It is fantastic, and I can't use it. On any color but yellow it looks great, but it makes yellow look smudged and dirty. I tested it on 4 colors: red, yellow, brown, and blue and the other three looked great.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

p3 armor wash Empty
PostSubject: Re: p3 armor wash   p3 armor wash Icon_minitime26th February 2011, 7:08 pm

A little followup to this...

I've been fiddling with this issue today, and I think that the best yellow/wash combination I've produced is Golden Yellow basecoat with a Gryphonne Sepia wash. I tried both Sunburst and Golden with p3 armor wash with no luck, as well as Sunburst with sepia. I even tried buboc black wash with both colors. The sunburst/sepia combo looks pretty good, but it's still a tad bit dirty and alittle too bright.

So, my conclusion is that if I ever am going to paint a darker color, I will use P3 armor wash. Anything bright needs to be figured out by trial and error.

I diluted the P3 stuff down to a half and half mix of water and it looked pretty good most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

p3 armor wash Empty
PostSubject: Re: p3 armor wash   p3 armor wash Icon_minitime26th February 2011, 10:35 pm

Sepia ftw! My favorite of the washes
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

p3 armor wash Empty
PostSubject: Re: p3 armor wash   p3 armor wash Icon_minitime27th February 2011, 4:15 am

Try Sepia over mythril silver some time. It looks pretty boss!
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

p3 armor wash Empty
PostSubject: Re: p3 armor wash   p3 armor wash Icon_minitime27th February 2011, 1:16 pm

That's pretty funny that you mention that combo, because I was debating making my suits joints metallic this time. Which would look better with the Golden Yellow/blood-scab red combo: Codex gray or mitril silver? All of it is going to be washed sephia.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

p3 armor wash Empty
PostSubject: Re: p3 armor wash   p3 armor wash Icon_minitime27th February 2011, 9:49 pm

I'm a bit confused by the question... Your painting marines red and yellow like split colors and wondering if you should paint the joints silver or codex gray? Then giving the whole model a sepia wash? If I understood that correctly then probably use codex gray as you want a darker color to make the armor plates pop a little more and add contrast to the model as a whole. Maybe even Codex gray D mud on the joints.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

p3 armor wash Empty
PostSubject: Re: p3 armor wash   p3 armor wash Icon_minitime27th February 2011, 11:35 pm

I'm painting crisis suits, but I see what you mean. The mitril probally wont be dark enough to provide me with the contrast I need for my bright armor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

p3 armor wash Empty
PostSubject: Re: p3 armor wash   p3 armor wash Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

p3 armor wash
Page 1 of 1