Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What can kill an Arachnarok spider

Go down 
+3
littleboyblues
bsimon
MonkeyMan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

What can kill an Arachnarok spider Empty
PostSubject: What can kill an Arachnarok spider   What can kill an Arachnarok spider Icon_minitime11th February 2011, 2:30 pm

The stats for this thing blow my mind, im mean really
8 Poisoned Attacks at Strength 5, 8 forest goblin attacks, then a thunder stomp, wow affraid !
8 wounds, toughness 6 and a 4+ armour save, a movement of 7
Plus it can have a slinger(catapault), or can be a mount for a great goblin shaman(catchweb shrine will give him the loremaster special rule)
What can kill this thing really!?
It is gonna be impossible to kill(good thing im bilding up my orcs and gobblins)
So seriously what can kill this thing, my dad will want to know as will a lot of other players
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: What can kill an Arachnarok spider   What can kill an Arachnarok spider Icon_minitime11th February 2011, 2:45 pm

Poison skinks, cavalry with a good armor save, ogres will all give it a good run for it's money. I expect the model to clock in around 250 points, based on Stegadons.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: What can kill an Arachnarok spider   What can kill an Arachnarok spider Icon_minitime11th February 2011, 4:45 pm

Whats it initiative... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: What can kill an Arachnarok spider   What can kill an Arachnarok spider Icon_minitime11th February 2011, 5:10 pm

The same stuff that will kill a stegadon.

Warmachines will do it. Poison - probably will have bad armor. It it's got low initiative you can Pit it. Or - assuming the kit on the goblin on top - 5 VC Wraiths should ruin it's day pretty quick as it will be able to do zero damage against them.

The lore of shadow making it toughness 3 will mean even basic foot troopers will be able to delete it.

Nothing in warhammer is 'impossible' to kill.
Back to top Go down
Dannato
Spirit Guide to Lost Souls
Dannato

PostSubject: Re: What can kill an Arachnarok spider   What can kill an Arachnarok spider Icon_minitime11th February 2011, 5:38 pm

Dreadlord with the rerollable +1 and pendant of khaeleth:(
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: What can kill an Arachnarok spider   What can kill an Arachnarok spider Icon_minitime11th February 2011, 6:22 pm

I am absolutely loving this model. I was kind of in the same boat as monkeyman - what can kill this thing? I think the easiest thing to get it will be war machines. Cannons will have the perfect target. I expect about three cannon balls would do the trick.

Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: What can kill an Arachnarok spider   What can kill an Arachnarok spider Icon_minitime11th February 2011, 6:37 pm

this is the coolest model i have ever seen(like i said before) cannons will probably kill it fast, good thing my dad plays dark elves who dont have cannons Very Happy
Once again i will say, this is an amazing model and probably my favorite that they have made
want one so much Shocked must wait til march Sad
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: What can kill an Arachnarok spider   What can kill an Arachnarok spider Icon_minitime11th February 2011, 8:43 pm

Arachnarok spider is a pretty cool guy, he eats warmachines and doesnt afraid of anything
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: What can kill an Arachnarok spider   What can kill an Arachnarok spider Icon_minitime12th February 2011, 10:08 am

MonkeyMan wrote:
this is the coolest model i have ever seen(like i said before) cannons will probably kill it fast, good thing my dad plays dark elves who dont have cannons Very Happy
Once again i will say, this is an amazing model and probably my favorite that they have made
want one so much Shocked must wait til march Sad

They do have crossbowmen, repeater bolt throwers, the unkillable dreadlord, and lots of access to death magic which should still help put that down.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: What can kill an Arachnarok spider   What can kill an Arachnarok spider Icon_minitime12th February 2011, 12:08 pm

that is true but i am going to try and keep those busy with other stuff(large units of orcs and goblins, spider riders to take care his bolt throwers etc...)
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: What can kill an Arachnarok spider   What can kill an Arachnarok spider Icon_minitime12th February 2011, 12:27 pm

Yup. It's all about balance.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: What can kill an Arachnarok spider   What can kill an Arachnarok spider Icon_minitime21st February 2011, 6:47 pm

So after the preview book has hit army shelves - have you gone out and pre-ordered your 3 spiders?
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: What can kill an Arachnarok spider   What can kill an Arachnarok spider Icon_minitime22nd February 2011, 12:25 am

birthday was yesterday asked uncle for one
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: What can kill an Arachnarok spider   What can kill an Arachnarok spider Icon_minitime22nd February 2011, 12:43 am

Happy Bday! Welcome to the teens!
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: What can kill an Arachnarok spider   What can kill an Arachnarok spider Icon_minitime22nd February 2011, 8:55 pm

yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What can kill an Arachnarok spider   What can kill an Arachnarok spider Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What can kill an Arachnarok spider
Page 1 of 1