Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Monkey's Daemons WIP

Go down 
+2
bsimon
Monkey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

Monkey's Daemons WIP Empty
PostSubject: Monkey's Daemons WIP   Monkey's Daemons WIP Icon_minitime10th January 2011, 10:33 pm

So, I've decided to dabble a bit with the daemons. I've just about finished my first Daemon Prince, but I'm still working on it, spending some time on such a large model. However, I did finish a Plaguebearer over the weekend. I'm using ghouls because they're plastic and because I don't care for the actual models. My plan is to do a Plague themed army in aesthetic if not in actual build (plague bearers riding bloodcrushers and the like).

Anyways, here are a couple of pics.
Plaguebearer 1

Plaguebearer 2

Plaguebearer 3

I'm not sure about the purple loincloth and such, but I want to avoid red due to the blood. I could go with a bone color, but then there are the bones.

Anyways, what do y'all think?
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Monkey's Daemons WIP   Monkey's Daemons WIP Icon_minitime10th January 2011, 11:09 pm

I like em!

I might suggest purple for one unit, blue for one, maybe bone for one, to differentiate if need be.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Monkey's Daemons WIP   Monkey's Daemons WIP Icon_minitime10th January 2011, 11:16 pm

My plan is to stick with the nurglesque colors for the main bodies of all the models and to use purple or some other such color as an accent. I'm just not sure if purple is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Monkey's Daemons WIP   Monkey's Daemons WIP Icon_minitime10th January 2011, 11:41 pm

It looks awful. I mean. It's a poop demon.

The paint job is great.
Back to top Go down
Dannato
Spirit Guide to Lost Souls
Dannato

PostSubject: Re: Monkey's Daemons WIP   Monkey's Daemons WIP Icon_minitime11th January 2011, 2:44 am

Grey?
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Monkey's Daemons WIP   Monkey's Daemons WIP Icon_minitime18th January 2011, 7:40 am

I thought you said you were doing Nids next? I think I would nuetral the purple up a bit. This can easily be done by adding in bleached bone or kammando kaki to the mix with purple. (just a smig mind you) Looks a little to colorful for my personal tastes. Maybe tone down the gold a bit, it looks flashy. That being said, it looks great. I'll hope to see them completed sometime this year.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Monkey's Daemons WIP   Monkey's Daemons WIP Icon_minitime18th January 2011, 6:22 pm

Yeah, I started the nids, but the painting got dull and repetitive. I like the Daemons because they have flesh, metal, and some cloth. I also think that they are uncommon enough tha if I get good with them I'll be able to sneak up on some folks. Lastly, I actually managed to come up with some decent ideas for conversions, which isn't my strong suit.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Monkey's Daemons WIP   Monkey's Daemons WIP Icon_minitime23rd January 2011, 4:08 pm

So, I went all manic the other night and stayed up until 3 a.m. building my first squad of fiends. I green-stuffed the upper-body of a ghoul to the spider portion of the goblin spider rider. I had to cut off one set of legs for the ghoul's arms to fit. I also cut off the spider's mandibles. I'm pretty pleased with the result, but now I have to start working on my horrors.

Fiend 1

Fiend 2

Fiend 3
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Monkey's Daemons WIP   Monkey's Daemons WIP Icon_minitime20th February 2011, 12:16 pm

Please use this as your greater nurgle demon. I love his disarming smile.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Monkey's Daemons WIP   Monkey's Daemons WIP Icon_minitime20th February 2011, 12:38 pm

wow, that would be a great big pop Nurgle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monkey's Daemons WIP   Monkey's Daemons WIP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monkey's Daemons WIP
Page 1 of 1