Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA?

Go down 
+3
capnwoodrow
big_d
crossbonesx11
7 posters
AuthorMessage
crossbonesx11
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
crossbonesx11

Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA? Empty
PostSubject: Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA?   Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA? Icon_minitime10th January 2011, 4:19 pm

Looking to buy magic singles or if anyone on here wants to trade let me know and I will throw up a list, thanks!
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA?   Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA? Icon_minitime10th January 2011, 5:22 pm

The local places that I know of that sell singles are Castle House in Fayetteville, Gamers Utopia in Rogers, and maybe Vintage Stock (Fayetteville, Springdale, and Rogers - not 100% that they sell singles.)

Back to top Go down
crossbonesx11
crossbonesx11

PostSubject: Re: Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA?   Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA? Icon_minitime10th January 2011, 6:19 pm

I use to buy singles from Castlehouse all the time and the last time I went up there they had next to nothing and I tried to talk to the guy working if they were still going to have singles from now on and he just blew me off and was really rude.

Can you tell me where the shop in Rogers is?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA?   Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA? Icon_minitime10th January 2011, 6:35 pm

Gamers Utopia is located in the Frisco Mall. They have a big MTG following there so they are always stocked up with singles.

Shannon, the owner, is a big mtg player so he seems to be fairly educated in decks/cards/combos.

Here's their site.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA?   Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA? Icon_minitime10th January 2011, 6:36 pm

It is in the Frisco Station Mall in Rogers - here is a - google maps link
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA?   Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA? Icon_minitime10th January 2011, 6:41 pm

Not to keep giving them free adspace ( Very Happy ) but they have a free member signup that confers a 10% discount. I'm not sure if that applies to singles, but it's worth looking into.
Back to top Go down
crossbonesx11
crossbonesx11

PostSubject: Re: Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA?   Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA? Icon_minitime10th January 2011, 7:01 pm

Thanks so much guys!
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA?   Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA? Icon_minitime10th January 2011, 10:17 pm

You can't spell, "Help me find magic singles" without "The Hogs of War."

(you actually, totally, can)
Back to top Go down
crossbonesx11
crossbonesx11

PostSubject: Re: Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA?   Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA? Icon_minitime10th January 2011, 10:22 pm

Do they have a website?

EDIT - Nevermind saw it up there ^
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA?   Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA? Icon_minitime10th January 2011, 11:49 pm

I posted a list of what I had a while back. If you are looking for older stuff I may have it too
Back to top Go down
crossbonesx11
crossbonesx11

PostSubject: Re: Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA?   Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA? Icon_minitime11th January 2011, 6:17 pm

bdix - I did a quick look and could not find your post so can you shoot me a link?
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA?   Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA? Icon_minitime11th January 2011, 6:50 pm

https://thehogsofwar.forumotion.com/t1005-selling-scars-of-mirrodin-rares

I have more than this, so just ask and I may have it
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA?   Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA? Icon_minitime12th January 2011, 1:54 pm

crossbonesx11 wrote:
I use to buy singles from Castlehouse all the time and the last time I went up there they had next to nothing and I tried to talk to the guy working if they were still going to have singles from now on and he just blew me off and was really rude.

Can you tell me where the shop in Rogers is?

That's not a good sign. Was it me? If it was you must have gotten a bad vibe. Singles come and go out pretty quick at CHG. It is hard to keep a current good stock in.

We have singles come in rarely, but we just got in a bunch that bear looking at.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA?   Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA? Icon_minitime12th January 2011, 2:05 pm

Eldoniousrex wrote:
Beats lugging everything to Fayetteville!

The staff are rude in Fayettevlle and they don't know what they are doing anyway. Gamer's Utopia is the best place to play Magic since that is where all the Magic players go to play and the Warpig is where all the 40K players hang out.

I would avoid Fayeteville like the plague.

At least, this is the impression I am garnering from some of the posters here.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA?   Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA? Icon_minitime12th January 2011, 2:37 pm

gamewizard wrote:
We have singles come in rarely, but we just got in a bunch that bear looking at.

I see that I need to make a trip to Fayetteville this weekend.

M11/ Scars/ new stuff or older stuff? I know there were some older cards I was looking for last time that you were out of stock on (and trust me, I ran Rob ragged looking through boxes - he was most helpful). Apparently EDH (I think that's what it is?) was causing a run on a number of cards.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA?   Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA? Icon_minitime12th January 2011, 4:02 pm

Wildeyedjester wrote:
No one slighted chg.

CHG has been slighted on this forum quite recently on another thread, Jeremy. I was merely repeating some impressions other posters have made.

And Eldon has already said he wouldn't lug all his stuff to Fayetteville.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Castle house complaint   Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA? Icon_minitime12th January 2011, 4:14 pm

I understand that in the other thread, but it was a customer complaint. I don't presume to tell anyone how to handle complaints but perhaps ask there what went wrong? Or message the guy and offer to fix the situation to get him back in store. Or maybe use the forum to ask for store improvement ideas. I saw the thread and it is a customer sharing his experience ... Not attacking. However, If a thread is offensive to a party, let me know though and I can close it as always.

This thread is a new player thread. Nothing more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA?   Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA? Icon_minitime12th January 2011, 4:57 pm

I prefer not to message people unless they say it's ok. When a customer already has a beef with my shop I don't intend to possibly make it worse by harassing them with private messages. If the person has a legitimate complaint I will be happy to discuss it on the phone or in person.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA?   Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA? Icon_minitime12th January 2011, 5:05 pm

bsimon wrote:
I see that I need to make a trip to Fayetteville this weekend.

M11/ Scars/ new stuff or older stuff? I know there were some older cards I was looking for last time that you were out of stock on (and trust me, I ran Rob ragged looking through boxes - he was most helpful). Apparently EDH (I think that's what it is?) was causing a run on a number of cards.

Older stuff. And by "bunch" I mean a 5,000 count box full. Not racks of new (old) cards.

And yes, EDH has cleaned us out of the more useful older cards.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA?   Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA? Icon_minitime12th January 2011, 5:14 pm

Sorry if I stepped on toes here. I've made it clear, for a while, I support/promote all the area shops and will continue to in the future.

If he hadn't specifically addressed CHG in his post then I would have recommended he check them out as well.

At no point did I state (or intend to state) one shop was better or worse than another.

Back to top Go down
crossbonesx11
crossbonesx11

PostSubject: Re: Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA?   Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA? Icon_minitime12th January 2011, 5:43 pm

Hey chris, I really really meant no disrespect at all. You and i have always gotten along splendidly and I love it every time you are there. It has been Rob (I think that is his name) that has completely blown me off on a few occasions and that tends to put a bad taste in my mouth. I really did not mean any disrespect towards you or your shop and I did not mean to spark a dispute. You have been more helpful to me personally than either other gaming shop owner I have ever dealt with and I greatly appreciate everything you have done for me. After rereading my post I guess it could be interpreted as flaming your shop and that is not how I meant it all. I think my fiancé and I are coming up there Thursday or Friday to look for wedding stuff and I will try to swing by and see whatcha got. Again I am sorry for all this, I feel like a total dick and that is not me at all.

PS - If you want, you can PM me and I will try and straighten everything out.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA?   Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA? Icon_minitime12th January 2011, 6:42 pm

No problem Chris, we're good. I took some of the comments made in the teeth when I should have just been more circumspect about things. I'm not saying I should have messaged you instead, I still believe in not doing that unless the customer says it is ok.

What I should have done is not take it so personally when people have a beef with my shop. I would prefer to be contacted personally if there is a problem, but I assumed the problem was me.

I started to post a lot more but I didn't want the thread to get closed for being verbose. Mad

JUST KIDDING! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I LUV it now my emos are fixed...
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA?   Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA? Icon_minitime13th January 2011, 4:12 am

Robs not rude.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA?   Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Place to buy Magic Singles in NWA?
Page 1 of 1