Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Independence day massacre?

Go down 
+5
Fletch
Monkey
ares
capnwoodrow
Wildeyedjester
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor

Independence day massacre? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? - Page 2 Icon_minitime18th January 2011, 8:11 pm

I won't be bringing guard to patriot this year, so you don't have to quiver with anticipation.... Ky or no.

However, when the grey knights drop it only really changes the mystics..... In the past 8 tournaments they were only used once out of the 30 ish games. They aren't what breaks the ig. The chimeras and plasma toting veterans do.

Psykers are pretty good too, but eldar and hoods already shuts them down. And they only work on things aren't fearles....

In a nut shell guards effectiveness won't go down with grey knights. Regardless it won't be what I'm playing. Rest assured what I play will be tourney competitive, but it won't be guard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? - Page 2 Icon_minitime18th January 2011, 10:08 pm

Agreed 100% Guard won't take a hit at all. Guards ability to take 800 different things that are all "threats" for half the cost of any army is what makes them good. Guard aren't really fun to play against or with for that matter. When I play my guard I enjoy it a lot less than my old codex marines. My win ratio is probably the same maybe a little higher with guard. But when you can table some one turn 2 and 3 or get them so close to tabled the concied it never made for much of a fun game. At a large tournament where 33% of the lists are the same I'm sure that it would be more fun. That's all just my opinion of course.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? - Page 2 Icon_minitime18th January 2011, 10:58 pm

My most challenging and fun games to play with them are always mech guard vs mech guard.

I have not shelved my guard completely. I worked too hard on them to do so, but I will play something else for independence and wargamescon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th January 2011, 1:54 am

is the date on this set in stone?
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th January 2011, 11:24 pm

Nor should you shelve them. It's a great painted army. My only real bitch is the rules for 5th ed guard which is a GW fault... Oh well
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th January 2011, 11:29 pm

I've seen Jester's new army: footslogging Necrons.

It's terrifying.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th January 2011, 11:30 pm

Mark of Khorne tau!
Back to top Go down
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner
ares

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? - Page 2 Icon_minitime20th January 2011, 11:45 am

Yes, the tournament date is set, the facility is booked and it has been turned into GW for approval for next years Tournament List.
Back to top Go down
http://tshirtexplosion.com
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner
ares

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? - Page 2 Icon_minitime4th February 2011, 5:52 pm

We have heard the official word, we have been approved for both our 40K tournament in June '11 and our Fantasy tournament in Jan '12 to be included into the 2011-2012 GW Tournament Circuit. This upcoming years tournament will allow the first place finisher an entry ticket into the tournament being held in Memphis, TN. GW has changed their prize support for all tournaments, but rest assured, we will make the best of every thing possible. I look forward to this years tournament and hope to have info up soon on our web page and the forums.
Back to top Go down
http://tshirtexplosion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Independence day massacre?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2