Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Independence day massacre?

Go down 
+5
Fletch
Monkey
ares
capnwoodrow
Wildeyedjester
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Independence day massacre? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? Icon_minitime9th January 2011, 2:50 pm

A little off topic, but tell me it's not actually on the weekend of independence day, right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? Icon_minitime9th January 2011, 9:11 pm

Continuing Jesters off topic (a true welcome to the boards)...

It's not, um, 2 day again, is it?
Back to top Go down
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner
ares

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? Icon_minitime10th January 2011, 12:52 pm

Independence is going to be June 10-12 and yes it will be a two day event. We are just trying to firm up everything with GW as this will be on the new years circuit.
Back to top Go down
http://tshirtexplosion.com
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? Icon_minitime10th January 2011, 1:17 pm

Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? Icon_minitime10th January 2011, 3:18 pm

Keep us in the loop. I won't have much time to get my GK list built prior to June 10th!
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? Icon_minitime10th January 2011, 3:55 pm

As my plan is to build a demons list by then, I think you should hold off a bit longer on the GK front, Capn. I'm afraid that between the poison of DE and the undoubtedly demon-centric nature of the GK I'm going to get murdered, but at least it will be fun.
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? Icon_minitime10th January 2011, 4:11 pm

My Wych Cult will be there!
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? Icon_minitime10th January 2011, 5:42 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:
Keep us in the loop. I won't have much time to get my GK list built prior to June 10th!

Hopefully I won't have to buy too much to make this army competitive for the tournament. Already have a decent amount, just need some relevent rules to play them with.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? Icon_minitime10th January 2011, 6:32 pm

Calling it now - Table 1, final game: Monkey's Demons and my GK.

#falsepredictions.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? Icon_minitime10th January 2011, 7:05 pm

I'm rather certain that would be a sign of the apocalypse or a sign that some sort of gas leak has led to a mass exodus of all players not named Matt. I suppose Buchanan will be in the corner drinking and painting something to make us all feel inadequate about our own abilities.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? Icon_minitime10th January 2011, 8:34 pm

Ive always thought we should hold a fight to the death with all the matts. Imagine thunder dome with cries of there can be only one mixed in. We will make harp let Big d ride on his shoulders for the duration to even the field a bit and to also cater to my whims and dark inner desires - I suppose that would make a decent master blaster standin as long as will mutters about who runs farter town.

This if course ties in to the independence day massacre because almost everyone will want to pay to see it.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? Icon_minitime11th January 2011, 4:20 pm

What are you guys thinking for points values? It was 1850 last year. Going to raise it any, or will it stay at the same points?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? Icon_minitime11th January 2011, 4:23 pm

I feel a physical fight to the death between the matts is rather one-sided as two of us are alcoholic smokers and one is an MMA fighter.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? Icon_minitime11th January 2011, 5:51 pm

There should be a handicap involved. Perhaps Mr. Harp could chug a quart of whiskey and suck on a car exhaust for 15 minutes?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? Icon_minitime12th January 2011, 9:01 pm

He has to do it one-handed. Literally. Remove one of his arms. Surgically.

I heard this year Jester is letting each opponent take one turn controlling his army!
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? Icon_minitime13th January 2011, 4:13 am

Wildeyedjester wrote:
Ive always thought we should hold a fight to the death with all the matts. Imagine thunder dome with cries of there can be only one mixed in. We will make harp let Big d ride on his shoulders for the duration to even the field a bit and to also cater to my whims and dark inner desires - I suppose that would make a decent master blaster standin as long as will mutters about who runs farter town.

This if course ties in to the independence day massacre because almost everyone will want to pay to see it.

I'd pay to watch.
Back to top Go down
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner
ares

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? Icon_minitime13th January 2011, 1:28 pm

Points limit will be 2000.
Back to top Go down
http://tshirtexplosion.com
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? Icon_minitime13th January 2011, 2:28 pm

ares wrote:
Points limit will be 2000.

Yay! cheers
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? Icon_minitime18th January 2011, 7:21 am

I'll participate in the fight as long as two conditions are up held... Firstly all Matt's that have last names not starting with H are allowed a katana and hand gun and a hand grenade. Secondly there is free beer.

2000... really... More crap I have to paint and list reworking... I think we should move the points to about 750. Yea that sounds good!

I'm calling Capnwoodrow out round 1. Last year you got shafted in our game and maybe we can spill more whiskey on some realm of battle boards.

I'm painting up some blood angels now so I don't know if I'll be bringing the Dkok's or BA's. Any request on which one I should finish first and bing?

On a side note if Jeremy's bringing the guard back I'm bringing some ky with me this year. Some days I sit down and it still hurts.

I'll be at the fantasy tournament at the end of January. So if anyone wants to go out for some man juice or grab something to eat Friday or Saturday night let me know.

Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? Icon_minitime18th January 2011, 7:36 pm

littleboyblues wrote:
On a side note if Jeremy's bringing the guard back I'm bringing some ky with me this year. Some days I sit down and it still hurts.

Hopefully you won't need any as the new Grey Knights Codex will be out by then and will be putting a stop to the Psyker Shennanigans.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? Icon_minitime18th January 2011, 8:11 pm

I won't be bringing guard to patriot this year, so you don't have to quiver with anticipation.... Ky or no.

However, when the grey knights drop it only really changes the mystics..... In the past 8 tournaments they were only used once out of the 30 ish games. They aren't what breaks the ig. The chimeras and plasma toting veterans do.

Psykers are pretty good too, but eldar and hoods already shuts them down. And they only work on things aren't fearles....

In a nut shell guards effectiveness won't go down with grey knights. Regardless it won't be what I'm playing. Rest assured what I play will be tourney competitive, but it won't be guard.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? Icon_minitime18th January 2011, 10:08 pm

Agreed 100% Guard won't take a hit at all. Guards ability to take 800 different things that are all "threats" for half the cost of any army is what makes them good. Guard aren't really fun to play against or with for that matter. When I play my guard I enjoy it a lot less than my old codex marines. My win ratio is probably the same maybe a little higher with guard. But when you can table some one turn 2 and 3 or get them so close to tabled the concied it never made for much of a fun game. At a large tournament where 33% of the lists are the same I'm sure that it would be more fun. That's all just my opinion of course.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? Icon_minitime18th January 2011, 10:58 pm

My most challenging and fun games to play with them are always mech guard vs mech guard.

I have not shelved my guard completely. I worked too hard on them to do so, but I will play something else for independence and wargamescon.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? Icon_minitime19th January 2011, 1:54 am

is the date on this set in stone?
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? Icon_minitime19th January 2011, 11:24 pm

Nor should you shelve them. It's a great painted army. My only real bitch is the rules for 5th ed guard which is a GW fault... Oh well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Independence day massacre?   Independence day massacre? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Independence day massacre?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next