Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CWDT: Judges and Rulings!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

CWDT: Judges and Rulings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CWDT: Judges and Rulings!   CWDT: Judges and Rulings! Icon_minitime1st December 2010, 10:57 pm

bsimon wrote:
Did you get cheated by a ruling, or did your opponent argue a rule and you didn't check it or look it up? I'm confused.

Can you ever be 'cheated' by a ruling? If you have to ask the Judge, what they say goes.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: CWDT: Judges and Rulings!   CWDT: Judges and Rulings! Icon_minitime1st December 2010, 11:02 pm

When the judge says he doesn't like the way the rule works, so he's ruling it a different way than the rulebook?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: CWDT: Judges and Rulings!   CWDT: Judges and Rulings! Icon_minitime1st December 2010, 11:10 pm

I've heard 'of' this happening, but i've never actually seen it happen firsthand. The 40k horror story of a judge walking to a table and going "(insert rules change here)" and then laughing maniacally as he walks off.

If two players are arguing about a rule it seem to imply there's some degree of of interpretation on it. Therefore because he rules against how you feel it should go you interpret that as "he changed a rule because he didn't like it" not the fact that a ruling just went again you.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: CWDT: Judges and Rulings!   CWDT: Judges and Rulings! Icon_minitime1st December 2010, 11:12 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:
I've heard 'of' this happening, but i've never actually seen it happen firsthand. The 40k horror story of a judge walking to a table and going "(insert rules change here)" and then laughing maniacally as he walks off.

If two players are arguing about a rule it seem to imply there's some degree of of interpretation on it. Therefore because he rules against how you feel it should go you interpret that as "he changed a rule because he didn't like it" not the fact that a ruling just went again you.

If you'd like, next time I see you I can go into detail on it personally happening to me.

I believe the judge's response was "oh, that's not realistic, we'll do it' this way", give or take.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: CWDT: Judges and Rulings!   CWDT: Judges and Rulings! Icon_minitime1st December 2010, 11:17 pm

bsimon wrote:

I believe the judge's response was "oh, that's not realistic, we'll do it' this way", give or take.

complete tangent:

I lose my effing mind when people use the R word during games of 40k. I hope you put that guy in a headlock.

"Realistically my deff rolla would crush right over you."
"We are playing a game where my demon-possessed superhumans shoot lasers at your green fungus mutants - what is realistic about this?"

</ rant>
Back to top Go down
JDScherrey
Squat with the Squats
Squat with the Squats
JDScherrey

PostSubject: Re: CWDT: Judges and Rulings!   CWDT: Judges and Rulings! Icon_minitime2nd December 2010, 10:16 am

Just because a judge at a table rules it one way or the other doesn't make it offical. I had difficulties with an an offical Games Workshop FAQ in hand that said exactly what I had just said. Each game had its own problems and I never used my units full potential in that tournament.

-Christopher
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: CWDT: Judges and Rulings!   CWDT: Judges and Rulings! Icon_minitime2nd December 2010, 10:23 am

So are you saying that someone made a ruling and then you showed them the FAQ and they changed their minds?
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: CWDT: Judges and Rulings!   CWDT: Judges and Rulings! Icon_minitime2nd December 2010, 2:43 pm

Play in enough tournaments and it will happen. I had a store owner/judge over rule a line directly out of a codex. It was in favor of a 'loyal' customer too. (None of the owners here, Fyi) Anytime a judge is brought over you have a solid chance of things not being ruled on correctly or fairly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: CWDT: Judges and Rulings!   CWDT: Judges and Rulings! Icon_minitime2nd December 2010, 2:57 pm

Hm, guess i'm fortunate enough to have done the majority of my tournament play in places where the organizers were just there to hand out prized and freely admitted that they had no knowledge of how the game worked. #hobbytown

I'm just curious on how players react/handle this kind of situation as someone who likes to run events. Obviously the last thing I would want is someone to feel like I 'cheated' them out of a game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CWDT: Judges and Rulings!   CWDT: Judges and Rulings! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CWDT: Judges and Rulings!
Page 1 of 1