Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Space Wolf Troop Boxes-What's in em?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sirhelnor
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor
sirhelnor

Space Wolf Troop Boxes-What's in em? Empty
PostSubject: Space Wolf Troop Boxes-What's in em?   Space Wolf Troop Boxes-What's in em? Icon_minitime26th November 2010, 12:46 am

For all of you SW players out there, I was wondering what sort of things come in the basic troop box? I've been trying to slowly make a BA army on the budget, and from the looks of it it seems like you can make 10x TACs or RAS out of the one box, rather than having to buy two assault marine boxes or CC bits for a box of TACs... I fear that, though army design purists will probably have my head for this, i've been ripping myself off, and should invest in the SW box for the extra bits
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Space Wolf Troop Boxes-What's in em?   Space Wolf Troop Boxes-What's in em? Icon_minitime26th November 2010, 1:26 am

Meltagun, Flamer (iirc), 2 plasma pistols, plasma gun (also iirc), bunch of mixed weapons. From the ones I opened, I wasn't able to make a full 100% bolter or 100% bp/ccw squad, but had reasonable mixing. The big issue is that everything has wolf marking somewhere, if that bothers you.

Alternatively, CHG is doing a sale and I recall Death Company on the shelves there, for assault squads.
Back to top Go down
sirhelnor
sirhelnor

PostSubject: Re: Space Wolf Troop Boxes-What's in em?   Space Wolf Troop Boxes-What's in em? Icon_minitime26th November 2010, 2:45 am

bsimon wrote:
Alternatively, CHG is doing a sale and I recall Death Company on the shelves there, for assault squads.

sadly, i'm at my parents' till sunday, evening, so I most likely won't get to take advantage of that, or else that would be awesome to pick up too.

the wolf emblems aren't really a bad thing, my goal in the long run is to make a "last stand of the BA" army, sort of how it was described in the new codex, and there are mentions of wolves being there, as well as representing scavenged parts and such. Honestly i'm not really a fluff purist, so i'd rather just have things i think look cool than worry about whether or not a blood angel would, for example, make the folly of representing corinthian elements below ionic on his artificer armor What a Face
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Space Wolf Troop Boxes-What's in em?   Space Wolf Troop Boxes-What's in em? Icon_minitime27th November 2010, 4:17 pm

If you can hold out until February, the current rumor is that BA wave two is the Storm Raven, Plastic Furioso, and *drumroll* a BA battleforce. Take that with a grain of salt as it still sounds a bit like wishful thinking, but it's something to consider.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Space Wolf Troop Boxes-What's in em?   Space Wolf Troop Boxes-What's in em? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Space Wolf Troop Boxes-What's in em?
Page 1 of 1