Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scars of Mirrodin Booster Draft at War Pig on the 2nd.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

Scars of Mirrodin Booster Draft at War Pig on the 2nd. Empty
PostSubject: Scars of Mirrodin Booster Draft at War Pig on the 2nd.   Scars of Mirrodin Booster Draft at War Pig on the 2nd. Icon_minitime13th September 2010, 10:52 pm

We will be having a non-ranked booster draft at War Pig to celebrate the release of Scars of Mirrodin on October 2nd.

Let me know if you are interested. If we get enough people I will order in some pizza and make a day of it.

I should get in some foil promo cards to use as prize support, and if there is enough interest we will give away some booster packs as prizes as well.

We had a lot of fun at the last one so be sure to stop by if you can.
Back to top Go down
Cpt_Tiberius
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Cpt_Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Scars of Mirrodin Booster Draft at War Pig on the 2nd.   Scars of Mirrodin Booster Draft at War Pig on the 2nd. Icon_minitime14th September 2010, 7:25 pm

I'm in! the last one was a blast!
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Scars of Mirrodin Booster Draft at War Pig on the 2nd.   Scars of Mirrodin Booster Draft at War Pig on the 2nd. Icon_minitime23rd September 2010, 5:46 pm

Here is the plan for the draft on the 2nd.

If we can get 8 people to show up we will do a box draft - everyone will pay in a set amount ($20), each person will get three packs to draft with, and the remaining packs will be given out as prizes to the winners. I will also be giving out foil cards as prizes - I have some new ones from the Scars of Mirrodin that are pretty nice.

If we don't get 8 people we will do what we did last time - $12 a person (just to cover the booster packs), each person gets three packs to draft out of, and I will give out foil cards as prizes. Either way it should be a lot of fun.

I am planning on having a sale and giving out prizes during the day as well, going to make a big day of it. I will post more details on that as I get them.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Scars of Mirrodin Booster Draft at War Pig on the 2nd.   Scars of Mirrodin Booster Draft at War Pig on the 2nd. Icon_minitime23rd September 2010, 8:35 pm

I havent played in 4 years....is it really competitive or just a bunch of people who dont know what they are doing? If its the second, then I'm tempted to play
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Scars of Mirrodin Booster Draft at War Pig on the 2nd.   Scars of Mirrodin Booster Draft at War Pig on the 2nd. Icon_minitime23rd September 2010, 10:26 pm

It is definitely the second. I hadn't played in 10 years and was able to jump right in. Pretty much everyone that played last time was in the same boat as me - either hadn't played in a good while or were just starting out. We had a lot of fun, it was real laid back.

The best thing about booster drafts is that you are all on equal footing as far as cards go - it doesn't matter if you have spent tons of money building up a mega deck, everyone is pulling out of the same pool of cards.
Back to top Go down
Cpt_Tiberius
Cpt_Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Scars of Mirrodin Booster Draft at War Pig on the 2nd.   Scars of Mirrodin Booster Draft at War Pig on the 2nd. Icon_minitime23rd September 2010, 10:37 pm

The last one was a blast! I highly recommend it. I had never played before and ended up coming in 2nd, so it's really about how well you build your deck and the luck of getting good cards.
Back to top Go down
jordanpoc
Necron in a clown wig
Necron in a clown wig
jordanpoc

PostSubject: Re: Scars of Mirrodin Booster Draft at War Pig on the 2nd.   Scars of Mirrodin Booster Draft at War Pig on the 2nd. Icon_minitime24th September 2010, 2:44 am

What time is it? because i want to go badly, but if its during the 'bama game, I'm going to have to decline.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Scars of Mirrodin Booster Draft at War Pig on the 2nd.   Scars of Mirrodin Booster Draft at War Pig on the 2nd. Icon_minitime24th September 2010, 2:45 am

I'm definately in then. I used to love to draft, but i really sucked at drafting competively, hah.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Scars of Mirrodin Booster Draft at War Pig on the 2nd.   Scars of Mirrodin Booster Draft at War Pig on the 2nd. Icon_minitime24th September 2010, 7:10 am

It's a great place to draft. I had a lot of fun last time.

However, i'll be out that weekend for Gamecon Memphis, so sadly, I cannot attend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scars of Mirrodin Booster Draft at War Pig on the 2nd.   Scars of Mirrodin Booster Draft at War Pig on the 2nd. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scars of Mirrodin Booster Draft at War Pig on the 2nd.
Page 1 of 1