Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle on Beale

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Battle on Beale Empty
PostSubject: Battle on Beale   Battle on Beale Icon_minitime17th July 2009, 3:22 am

I just finished sealing the last model. Toss a dullcoat on him in the morning, pack, and get ready for the drive. First 100% painted army in 8 years or so.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Battle on Beale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle on Beale   Battle on Beale Icon_minitime26th July 2009, 10:38 pm

How it went:

I brought:
Bloodthirster, Rerolls, Killing Blow, Scroll, 3+ armor save
Herald of Tz, Wings, Master of Sorcery
Herald of Tz, Scroll, Master of Sorcery
Herald of Slaanesh, Steed, Siren Song, Torment Blade (once again, never used)
2*10 Horrors
10 Daemonettes
3*6 Flesh Hounds
5 Flamers

Paper comp of 9 out of 15, 3 opponents gave me max comp, 1 0'd me, 1 gave me 4/5.

Game 1, Brandon Sullivan, VC wolf bus
This is a newer style VC army. Lord with Frostblade, Rerolls, Beguile, Red Fury; BSB with regen banner; 2 thralls, 1 with Master of Sorcery and 2 power stones, all riding in 17 dogs with champion. Tack on 3 units of zombies, 1 max cairn wraith unit, and 1 unit of Blood Knights. Force through your bus with a guaranteed Vanhel's and rack up CR.
Scenario was capture an objective. I took first turn, moved up Herald, forced him to charge her. Overrun took him into Hounds. Here's where my lack of adequate playtesting against non-Dark Elf armies hurt; I flank charged with a Bloodthirster and Flamers and lost combat by 6. The VC Lord killed every Flesh Hound - he killed 4 when I rolled poorly for wards, and picked up 8 bonus attacks. The rest was mostly mopup for him at that point.

Game 2, Martin Stuart, Wood Elves
Archetypical wood elves. Wardancers, Treeman ancient, Waywatchers, 2* Glade Riders, 2* Dryads, 2* Archers, misc others.
Scenario was assassins; 2 models became special assassins and had to kill opponent's characters. Didn't come up much.
I moved up, made wardancers charge daemonettes, judged them to be 1" further away than they turned out to be. The extra 3 wardancers made all the difference. They made a tight circle clearing out demons in the center of the board. I believe this was a win for Martin, but not a massacer; I think I blew up a lot of stuff.

Game 3, Cody Johnson, Ringer Dwarves
Ringer army. Scenario was capture the building. 10 demonettes held it for 5 turns; the survivor left to let in a unit of horrors. It was the ringer army; I hope I didn't make him have to work too hard to lose. =)

Game 4, Chris Saik, Ogre Kingdoms
Lord, 2 Butchers, hunter, lots of ogres, 2 gorgers, 2 scraplaunchas, 2 gnoblar units.
Scenario was capture multiple objectives. Chris was resigned to losing before the game began; Ogre Kingdoms really do have it rough to be honest. Even when the flesh hounds had a token and were -1 WS, they still hit on 3's on his army. I missed the scenario when 3 separate ogres with 1 wound each had 1 token per, but it was a massacre otherwise.

Game 5, Jay Hammons, Wood Elves
Same list as before, except instead of a BSB and Treemen Ancient, he had a lord and a noble.
Pitched Battle.
I learned my lesson from before; I made dryads charge herald to cockblock him and set up a turn 2 charge by Bloodthirster into wardancers with 3 characters. 2 turns later I came out the other side, and died immediately to shooting. Turn 4 on we were both down to basic units but he'd lost a lot of points, and I still had my Tz Heralds hiding in my units nuking things.

4 of 5 opponents gave max sports. I got max paint (pictures to be posted later), and 64/100 battle points. I came in 22 of 93.

I like the pitched battle idea for game 5; it really makes it easier on everyone. Scoring and awards were very clean (especially compared to the Big Waagh side). A lot of people were absent this year; it is a shame no one else from NW Arkansas actually went for Fantasy.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Battle on Beale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle on Beale   Battle on Beale Icon_minitime26th July 2009, 11:07 pm

Nice read. I enjoyed seeing what was going on on the other side of the hall!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Battle on Beale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle on Beale   Battle on Beale Icon_minitime27th July 2009, 8:54 am

I think It's pretty cool you ended up in the top 25% and had to play the ringer army round 3. You were on the chopping block for 3rd place for best painted army, however there was an empire army who got 3rd. Cool battle reps. Do post pictures! I actually started playing fantasy again last saterday to teach a 40ker the rules and I must say after a year long break it was quit fun. I may yet pick up the brush and finish my empire or D elves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Battle on Beale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle on Beale   Battle on Beale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle on Beale
Page 1 of 1