Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG

Go down 
+2
bsimon
Haren
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG Empty
PostSubject: July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG   July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG Icon_minitime25th June 2010, 9:34 am

Ok so here is the skinny on the July event for WM/Hordes.

Date: July 24th
Point Value: 25 points (25 + Warcasters WJ points)
Round Time Limit: 60 mins
Turn Time Limits: None**
Registration Time: 12:00 pm
Start Time: 1:05 pm
Entry Fee: $10.00

The Hordes MKII book & card decks should be out in time for this event so your army choices have doubled with new rules and cards for everyone.

This event will be a casual SR2010 event though the Modeling & Painting Policy will be enforced. This just means that proxies and conversions where the model is not an accurate depiction of the card will not be allowed. This does not mean the models need to be painted, though you are encouraged to do so.

** While we wont be enforcing the turn times at this event, we do ask that you respect your opponent enough to not delay the game on purpose.

SR2010 Rules: http://privateerpress.com/files/Steamroller_2010_v2%283%29%282%29.pdf
Modeling & Painting Policy: http://privateerpress.com/files/Conversion_Policy_0.pdf

Current players:
Brent
Dahtay & brother
Carl & 2 others from MO
Kevin
and the guy who's been playin cryx at the shop may be there also.

Last edited by Haren on 19th July 2010, 3:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update: placed the list of players into the post.)
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG   July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG Icon_minitime27th June 2010, 4:03 pm

The Springfield, MO guys would probably come down for this.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG   July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG Icon_minitime28th June 2010, 2:17 am

Either of these two dates are good.

Whew. July is going to be freaky busy.

July 10th: Warhammer Fantasy 8th Edition game day.

July 10th: Magic The Gathering M11 Pre-Release event, day one.

Between these two events every table surface should be covered with some sort of game. We had over 100 players over the two day Magic Pre-Release event last time.

July 11th: Magic The Gathering M11 Pre-Release event, day two.

July 17th: SOCHG 5; the 5th 40K event at the shop.

July 17th: Magic The Gathering M11 Launch Party.

July 24th/31st: Warmachine/Hordes event.

Personally I won't be available on the July 31st. I am going to go pick up my family form the airport and spend a little time with them since I won't have seen them for 45 days.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG   July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG Icon_minitime29th June 2010, 8:28 am

Looks like it will be the 24th.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG   July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG Icon_minitime9th July 2010, 11:05 pm

So is anyone intrested in this event??
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG   July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG Icon_minitime10th July 2010, 12:25 am

I'd play, and I PM'd Carl in Springfield about it also.
Back to top Go down
Dahtay
Squig with flatulence
Dahtay

PostSubject: Re: July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG   July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG Icon_minitime12th July 2010, 8:41 am

I'll be there. I'll also bring my brother so we will have another as well.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG   July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG Icon_minitime12th July 2010, 10:48 am

I know I expressed interest in this in the past, but I keep forgetting that my afternoons are rarely my own, even on weekends, so I can't participate Sad
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
Clutch
Snotling stuffed in a coffee can
Clutch

PostSubject: Re: July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG   July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG Icon_minitime13th July 2010, 9:18 pm

Hello from the NE!

Looks like we will be bringing a few (3 of us) players from Springfield, MO. The NWA used to have some really great guys that played and we always liked heading that way for events, so hopefully this will be the start of new tradition.

Hopefully this will also be a good way to show the game to some new players.
Also, is this going to be a coin event? Just wondering...

Anyway, we will see you soon!
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG   July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG Icon_minitime13th July 2010, 9:57 pm

Hey Clutch & welcome to the board. Thx for the help getting some people together for the event. Unfortunately this events not going to be a coin this time. Hopefully for the next one we can get a set.
Back to top Go down
Clutch
Clutch

PostSubject: Re: July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG   July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG Icon_minitime15th July 2010, 10:43 am

Just wanted to check (i had one of the players that I am traveling with ask)...is there any rules we should know about before we make out list and head there. I assume that with you posting the SR2010 rules we will be using those as a basis (except for the timed turns).

I just ask because I have played at places where they will use odd terrain rulings or omit things they just don't like.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG   July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG Icon_minitime15th July 2010, 11:31 am

Since this is my first time running an event, I think everythings going to be rules as writen for the start. If we have questions, then things might change.
Back to top Go down
Dahtay
Squig with flatulence
Dahtay

PostSubject: Re: July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG   July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG Icon_minitime15th July 2010, 4:23 pm

Awesome, now that I know there will be at least 5 people at this one I'm a shoe-in. I'll bring my Retribution army and I may even be able to talk a couple of my buddies from Tulsa into stopping by. they've been interested in checking the game out for a while.
Back to top Go down
Clutch
Clutch

PostSubject: Re: July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG   July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG Icon_minitime20th July 2010, 6:01 pm

There is a chance we might be getting a couple of other people to make the trip as well. As soon as I can get confirmation, I will let you know.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG   July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG Icon_minitime21st July 2010, 2:07 am

It sounds like we might have as many for this as we do for Warhammer. I'm pretty excited; I'll be at the shop but will be invisible for the most part. Haren can handle any issues and Nachos will be there as well.

Let me know what sort of help is needed with set up. We usually set up for Warhammer the night before but we also have a 9 am start time instead of a 12 pm. Let me know what all we need to do.

I can arrive early but being a crip there's not too much I can do other than point and Imperiously say "PUT DAT DERE! NO, FOO! OVER DERE!" while various people move things and threaten to shove me in the dumpster out back.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG   July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG Icon_minitime22nd July 2010, 8:34 am

@gamewizard: I'll probably be up there on friday anyway for magic so me and nachos might setup the extra tables. My count is that we'll need 5-6 total tables as of this moment.
Back to top Go down
Clutch
Clutch

PostSubject: Re: July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG   July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG Icon_minitime24th July 2010, 10:23 am

Just a FYI...looks like there will be 3 or 4 of us coming down. I'm not totally sure how long the drive is, but we aren't able to leave Springfield until 10am. So if we cut it close I apologize. If something weird happens and we are going to be late, I'll call.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG   July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG Icon_minitime24th July 2010, 10:53 am

Not a problem Clutch. I can usually make the drive in two and a half hours, but if we don't see you guys by 12:50 I'll hold till 1:30.

My current number of players (est.) is at 10 so that means we will be running 4 one hour rounds with 15 min breaks between games 1 & 2 and games 3 & 4. If people want it we'll take a 30 min between games 2 & 3. We should be wraping up between 5 & 6 pm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG   July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

July Warmachine / Hordes event @ CHG
Page 1 of 1