Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Planetary Empires

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Planetary Empires Empty
PostSubject: Planetary Empires   Planetary Empires Icon_minitime10th July 2009, 6:19 pm

Looks like planetary emires should drop either late july or early august.

Here's the link for it: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1430053&prodId=prod50017a

I'm a huge fan of 'campaign' style games - so let me know if you're interested in trying it out. I hope to pick up a copy ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

Planetary Empires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetary Empires   Planetary Empires Icon_minitime10th July 2009, 9:01 pm

If this is anything like the Mighty Empires set for Fantasy, and all indications are that it is exactly like that set, then don't get it for the campaign rules. There are a few good ideas, but nothing that a group with any experience can't come up with on their own. Do get it if you like the terrain tiles. They make for a great board for any map based campaign system, and are fully compatible with the Mighty Empires tiles to allow for a nicely varied map.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Planetary Empires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetary Empires   Planetary Empires Icon_minitime10th July 2009, 9:05 pm

Yeah. I forget that not everyone can read my mind. I love to run campaigns and i'm using PE to hopefully kick another off. Who knows, there may be an update to the campaign rules for PE...time will tell..

It's not necessarily that I think PE will be that great of a stand alone product.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

Planetary Empires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetary Empires   Planetary Empires Icon_minitime10th July 2009, 9:54 pm

Cool. I'm playing around with the idea of using these tiles when they come out combined with an adaptation of the Firestorm campaign rules from Flames of War.

If you're not familiar with it, the basic idea is that it's a team based campaign where games played in the campaign contribute to your side's victory, but don't have any lasting effect on your army, so there's no snowballing like can happen in campaigns where wins and losses have a permanent effect on the armies involved. Your side's overall commander can decide to throw extra resources into a particular battle, which results in the player that plays out that battle getting an extra unit or two in the game, but only for that battle. Those extra resources have a fixed place on the map, but players' armies don't (their army on the tabletop simply represents whatever forces happened to be there), so you only have to get players from opposite teams together to have a game, not a specific two players like you do when doing a more traditional map based campaign that tracks players' armies on the map.

It just depends on if there's any interest in such a campaign when the tiles come out.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Planetary Empires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetary Empires   Planetary Empires Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Planetary Empires
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Top :: Events-
Jump to: