Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Army Choice?

Go down 
+5
gamewizard
JDScherrey
bdix
Wildeyedjester
warhammerworld
9 posters
AuthorMessage
warhammerworld
Apothecary with a box of band aids

Army Choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Choice?   Army Choice? Icon_minitime9th February 2010, 2:52 pm

would we have to use the same army for every league game? I would like to use Eldar, Chaos Marines, and Blood Angels.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Army Choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Choice?   Army Choice? Icon_minitime9th February 2010, 5:51 pm

In all the leagues I have ever played in everyone has chosen one army to work with. In some cases they could only use one list, even.

I was attempting to structure this as a mini escalation league to help people get army's geared up and painted for patriot. If there are more folks that like the ability to change armies during the league freely, I am okay with that too. I can play guard, blood angels and eldar that way.

What do you all think? One army or can you switch freely?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

Army Choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Choice?   Army Choice? Icon_minitime9th February 2010, 6:07 pm

I like the idea of one army, just because people who are attempting to build up armies will be able to get them painted and play around with different point values.
Back to top Go down
JDScherrey
Squat with the Squats
Squat with the Squats
JDScherrey

Army Choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Choice?   Army Choice? Icon_minitime9th February 2010, 7:05 pm

One army but I think we should be able to adjust the list and build up over time.

-Christopher
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

Army Choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Choice?   Army Choice? Icon_minitime9th February 2010, 7:27 pm

One army is my preference for what it's worth.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

Army Choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Choice?   Army Choice? Icon_minitime9th February 2010, 8:44 pm

I like the idea of working with 1 army, however with the Blood Angels releasing in April and not really having solid information on them yet I'm a bit hesitant to choose one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Army Choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Choice?   Army Choice? Icon_minitime10th February 2010, 8:51 am

Every league i've been in has been a single army choice. Playing with armies lets you tailor to your opponents too much.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

Army Choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Choice?   Army Choice? Icon_minitime10th February 2010, 1:03 pm

With my previous preference still in mind;

Dennis can't play in Patriot anyway so I would imagine that he should be able to switch armies to play opponents as he wishes. His purpose in the league (since the purpose of the league is to get everyone ready for Patriot Games) could be to provide alternative armies for everyone to play against instead of knowing exactly what army Dennis will be using.

I realize that with all the folks interested in the league that a nice variation is already built in but with Dennis using three or so different armies that is like he is providing three or so different opponents.

If we were doing the league just for the purpose of the league's sake then I would stand by my preference of one army only. But since the end result is training for Patriot then I see no harm in Dennis running more than one army.

The only restriction I could think that might be brought to bear would be that he has to announce his choice of army and then stick with that for the week he plays. In other words, he announces at the beginning of each week "I'll be playing Eldar this week".

I only state this so as to provide some sort of structure that the other players can see. If this is too restrictive then I guess we could let Dennis decide which army he is playing as soon as his opponent shows up at TSE.

My preference stands for everyone else. One army only.

Does this make any sense?
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Army Choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Choice?   Army Choice? Icon_minitime10th February 2010, 2:53 pm

I will be removing myself for the runnings for any prize, as well, since I will be providing organization and scenarios.

It would make sense for those of us not in the running for the prize to be able to change armies to provide others the opportunity to play against different armies.

Good point, wizard.
Back to top Go down
warhammerworld

Army Choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Choice?   Army Choice? Icon_minitime10th February 2010, 3:10 pm

Dennis will play Chaos Marines

Dennis refuses any special treatment

Dennis wants to build a new army

Dennis likes Plague Marines
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Army Choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Choice?   Army Choice? Icon_minitime10th February 2010, 3:51 pm

Grandfather Nurgle will be most pleased.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

Army Choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Choice?   Army Choice? Icon_minitime10th February 2010, 4:54 pm

Wildeyedjester wrote:
It would make sense for those of us not in the running for the prize to be able to change armies to provide others the opportunity to play against different armies.

I agree with this; I think it allows the organizers to provide for a better gaming experience for the players.

If Dennis doesn't want to play the three armies he listed; that's ok by me. I just thought it would be good to provide a variable army selection for the league players. I don't think it is Special Treatment for the organizers to do this.

If Wildeyed wants to play various armies I think that is great. But I'm only one small voice here.

It's all good by me since I won't be able to play in Patriot myself. Army Choice? Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

Army Choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Choice?   Army Choice? Icon_minitime10th February 2010, 4:57 pm

Speaking of prizes for the league play CHG could provide a prize of say; maybe a $25 Gift Certificate good towards any purchase at CHG. With the hopeful purpose of somebody buying more WH goodness.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

Army Choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Choice?   Army Choice? Icon_minitime10th February 2010, 7:19 pm

Also I want to forewarn the players (particularly CHG players) that they need to research the army build choices available for Patriot Games since this league's primary function is to provide experience for that. It does no good for a player to get used to running his army a certain way only to find out that his army is illegal at Patriot.

There will be choices that are allowed at CHG that aren't allowed at TSE. For instance, CHG allows Special and Named characters, TSE doesn't. I don't know if Dennis runs Patriot the same way or not. I tried to go on Sooie's website to check out Patriot Games but the website was unavailable.

If the site is down or is having issues maybe Dennis could post the special rules for do's and don't's here for viewing.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Army Choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Choice?   Army Choice? Icon_minitime10th February 2010, 7:56 pm

The last update for Patriot Games was 1850, special characters allowed.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Army Choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Choice?   Army Choice? Icon_minitime10th February 2010, 8:06 pm

i agree with the multiple armies for the people running it, and with the sentiment about them having to declare for that week
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Army Choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Choice?   Army Choice? Icon_minitime13th February 2010, 9:11 am

Denis talks in third person.

Matt likes that he is not the only one that does this.

Matt likes the idea of one army (I have army ADD enough) and that it is ok to change list as we may not like a unit or what have you.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Army Choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Choice?   Army Choice? Icon_minitime14th February 2010, 11:46 am

What I see in a lot of leagues is a static 'core' that you can change points around. I'm not sure how to scale that in an escalation league, but it's a thought. Like at 1850 you have 1500 points of 'core' and you can swap out 350 a game. Things like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Army Choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Choice?   Army Choice? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Army Choice?
Page 1 of 1