Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition Empty
PostSubject: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition   Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition Icon_minitime1st November 2009, 1:07 am

I'll be running a one day Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition game session on Saturday November the 7th. I have four players with characters rolled up at the moment, one additional person will likely roll up a character this week. I can handle as many as four more players if they are patient in large groups. If anyone is interested they need to let me know by PM or on this thread and then come by the shop sometime during the week to generate a character. I will not be rolling up characters on game day.

Reply either by PM to me here or on this thread if you are interested in playing. Please reply here or on the CHG website (castlehousegames.com) first before coming to the shop because I may be full by the time you get there.

I will keep all characters generated so they can be played again by the same player at a later date when I run WHFRP on a regular basis.

It will be a one day event at Castle House Games with a start time of noonish.

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Errr, I meant:

ALL HAIL SIGMAR!
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition   Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition Icon_minitime2nd November 2009, 12:05 am

2 spots left for the game; get your rquest in quick if you wish to join.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition   Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition Icon_minitime2nd November 2009, 4:01 pm

1 spot left; hurry in for the Chaos Madness!
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition   Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition Icon_minitime4th November 2009, 1:06 am

All spots are full as of this moment.

If all the folks that rolled up characters show then we will have a crew of nine.

A fellowship!

Now I just need to bring a Ring Wraith or two in.....
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition   Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition Icon_minitime5th November 2009, 5:37 pm

I was just notified of a cancellation, so one spot is again available.

Anyone wanting to join in needs to see me today or tomorrow to generate a character.

I will have a few pregenerated characters on hand but that will limit people's choices as to character type.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you would like to join in.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition   Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition Icon_minitime7th November 2009, 10:44 pm

The event went well with the valiant defenders of the Empire releasing a Khorne Beastlord into the wilderness so a horrid Bandit chieftain would no longer be able to torment him.

Hmmm, sounds kind of bad when it the results are put that way.....

Hopefully no Witch Hunters catch wind of what happened.....
Back to top Go down
crossbonesx11
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
crossbonesx11

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition   Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition Icon_minitime30th November 2009, 9:35 pm

Man that would have been a blast. What level was everyone?
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition   Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition Icon_minitime1st December 2009, 1:35 am

Beginning careers. We had a blast with it. I enjoy WHFRP 2nd Ed very much. I believe even if I like 3rd Ed I will still run 2nd most of the time when I have a chance. I have all the material ever published and then some. I have lots of 1st ed stuff that translates over very well to 2nd.

I GM'd WHFRP for almost a year straight and my group like it a lot. I like Dark Heresy just as much and would run it or play it as long as I knew the players. Disruptive players can really ruin this system fast.
Back to top Go down
crossbonesx11
crossbonesx11

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition   Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition Icon_minitime1st December 2009, 3:49 am

Have not really given Dark Heresy or Rogue Trader a fair look over. Are either (both?) similar to the WHFRP 2nd career system?
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition   Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition Icon_minitime1st December 2009, 4:08 am

Sort of but not really. Very Happy

You never switch careers in DH or RT. You stick with the same career for the life of the character. Most career paths in DH have variations within the careers to choose from. The compendiums also have new paths to follow (Calixian Gunslinger in DH Inquisitor's Handbook).

So while it may sound limiting, it isn't really. There are so many skill and talent choices to make within each career that no two characters will be the same, ever.

I really like the system as it is presented in WHFRP 2d edition, DH, and RT.

I have the huge Collector's Edition for RT. It is really sweet. Silver edged pages, RT letter of Marque, really cool book.

Last edited by gamewizard on 1st December 2009, 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
crossbonesx11
crossbonesx11

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition   Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition Icon_minitime1st December 2009, 11:42 am

So, the career is set up like in 2nd edition you just do not keep changing. Sounds promising.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition   Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition Icon_minitime1st December 2009, 10:02 pm

Pretty much. But as I say, while it sounds kind of limiting it isn't.

If you ever have the time to come up and play a one-off at CHG let me know and I'll try to get a small group together and run it so you can see if you like it.

I fully support DH and RT as far as the books. I always try to make sure I have at least one copy of each book that is out.
Back to top Go down
crossbonesx11
crossbonesx11

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition   Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition Icon_minitime2nd December 2009, 12:29 am

I glanced at them a couple weeks ago, they look compatible. Are they?
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition   Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition Icon_minitime2nd December 2009, 1:01 am

For the most part DH and RT are compatible. RT characters start where DH characters would be at 5,000 xp points, I believe.

There are a few minor differences.

One in particular is that in DH bolt weapons are rated as X for Explosive and in RT they are rated as Tearing. Tearing means they take the highest of two damage dice thrown. Explosive is very bad in close combat, so if I ran DH I would most likely use the same rule and rate Bolt weapons as Tearing. Yes, I know they are explosive rounds but they don't explode with the same force as a grenade does. If a character takes enough Explosive damage to kill them then any sort of ammo in the location they are hit in explodes as well, turning that character into an instant bomb.

Once in DH I killed 6 characters (two of them PC's) with 2 bolt pistol rounds. Shot one bad guy in the chest with two rounds; he died and exploded killing the bad guy next to him, killing the bad guy next to him, killing the bad guy next to him, killing the player character who was in close combat with him, killing another player character who was nearby.

But it doesn't match the player guardsman who threw a grenade into a melee combat where two players were facing twelve or so bad guys, killing the entire group of people when the bad guys started popping like popcorn. Then the same player took another guardsman who threw another grenade in the very next combat that killed a bunch of guards who were stopping to question us and I was standing right next to. The ten guardsmen died and so did my tech priest; who was out of Fate Points after the first grenade incident. And this is right after we all agreed no more grenades in combat. Throw them around the corners (like my tech priest was doing) but not into combat.

So I think Bolt weapons are too dangerous in DH to use in close combat as the rules stand (but they use them all the time in the novels). Which is why I would rate them as Tearing instead.
Back to top Go down
crossbonesx11
crossbonesx11

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition   Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition Icon_minitime12th December 2009, 12:55 am

I just did a more thorough glance over of Dark Heresy today and would love to give it a shot. Would even be interested in trying to do a weekly gig if we could get something worked out.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition   Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition Icon_minitime13th December 2009, 12:12 pm

Wizard, Bolters are still rated X in RT, I'm not sure how it works in DH, but in RT X is just a damage type for Crit Tables. The weapons needs to have the Blast(x) rule to actually hit anything outside of the initial target. That said, if you guys are starting up either I'd be interested in joining in as well.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition   Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition Icon_minitime13th December 2009, 3:37 pm

I guess I need to read the rules instead of going by what somebody else said. I was told Bolt weapons were Tearing in RT.

In DH if a character (PC, NPC) dies from an X rated weapon any ammo they have on the location where they take the critical explodes with a d10 meter radius doing d10+5 wounds. If they have any grenades or rocket rounds they explode with their normal force and area effect. (Or is it affect? Have to see if Monkey corrects me)

Hmm, can't seem to find my DH book at the moment. I'll have to hunt it down before I comment further.

Last edited by gamewizard on 13th December 2009, 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition   Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition Icon_minitime13th December 2009, 3:48 pm

They are tearing, but that's a weapon special quality not a damage type.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition   Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition Icon_minitime13th December 2009, 6:37 pm

Yep, I'm getting damage types and weapon types mixed up. I haven't read how Rogue Trader handles critical damage with explosive weapons but it is brutal in Dark Heresy.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition   Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition Icon_minitime14th December 2009, 1:22 am

BTW, bolters are tearing in Dark Heresy as well. It's not printed that way in the book (at least not the Black Library edition, may be in the Fantasy Flight reprint), but it's in the errata.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition   Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition Icon_minitime14th December 2009, 1:58 am

You are right, it's been since late Spring this year since I've played and I have forgotten all the rules that were errata'd. They also took the maximum combat adjustment from +/-30 to +/-60.

That was an incredible change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition   Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition
Page 1 of 1