Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1850 White Scars/Space Wolves

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

1850 White Scars/Space Wolves Empty
PostSubject: 1850 White Scars/Space Wolves   1850 White Scars/Space Wolves Icon_minitime2nd October 2013, 4:30 pm

I decided to get back into 40k recently.  The edition seems to be balancing itself out alittle better and so I am giving it a go.  Eric helped me work on a list that is fairly straight forward with a couple dirty tricks.  Here is what I have so far.

White Scars

Space Marine Captain- artificer armor and bike

5 man bike squad - 2 grav guns and 1 combi-grav and attack bike with multimelta

5 man bike squad - 2 grav guns and 1 combi grav and attack bike with multimelta

5 man bike squad - 2 melta guns and 1 combi melta and attack bike with multimelta

5 man command squad with apotchacary and 3 grav guns

1 storm talon with skyhammer missiles

1 storm talon with skyhammer missiles

Space Wolves

Rune Priest- bike and arficifer armor- jaws and hurricane

Rune Priest- bike - jaws and ??

10 man grey hunters with 2x plasma and drop pod

4 man thunder wolf cav

The idea is to grav gun the crap out of things and then hit them with jaws.  The grav gun makes whatever it hits initiative 1.  The 2+ armor guys lead the bike squads and hopefully can soak some shots from things like heldrakes.  The stormtalons are there as anti-heldrake.  The drop pod comes in turn one and blasts something.  It also serves as a backfield threat early on that they have to deal with.  The bikes are scoring, so when they get small, they flee back and hold my own objectives.  Thunder Wolf Cav are just fun and I have them.

Thoughts?  I have played close to 0 games this edition, so any insight is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
BigAl
Servitor with a short circuit
BigAl

PostSubject: Re: 1850 White Scars/Space Wolves   1850 White Scars/Space Wolves Icon_minitime8th October 2013, 6:51 am

If Eric helped you make it than you can count on it being aggressive, effective, and dirty. I'm assuming that the command squad with Apoth are all on bikes even though you don't list it? List is very fast and with the White Scars all having hit and run, you avid getting tied down in protracted melees.

The only thing I can think that would give you trouble would be massed fire or fast melee units. All your guns are short range so you open yourself to return fire or charges from assault units. The more I read about armies in 6th, the more I think you can't have it all. There will always be a list that can counter yours. You just have to build a list you would want to play and mitigate the risks.

Overall, solid list. Fast, scoring, hard hitting.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: 1850 White Scars/Space Wolves   1850 White Scars/Space Wolves Icon_minitime21st October 2013, 11:20 pm

I played two games with it and decided to drop the thunder wolf cav and one rune priest and add a 10 man honor guard in a drop pod. There is just something about 2+ saves and power axes in the backfield that feels right....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 White Scars/Space Wolves   1850 White Scars/Space Wolves Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 White Scars/Space Wolves
Page 1 of 1