Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bugeater Dark Elves

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

Bugeater Dark Elves Empty
PostSubject: Bugeater Dark Elves   Bugeater Dark Elves Icon_minitime23rd April 2013, 3:56 pm

I was annoyed when I looked at Bugeater comp and realized they arent letting me take a second hydra. So in rebellion, I am going to take a list they should of comped. This is the most shooting I could put in a list, while still have a counter charge unit on each flank. It is pumping out 180 shots a turn. Three units are 12 inches off the start the game, wiping out their war machines. If those dont get them, harpies will finish them off. Harpies are also there as redirecters in games where they have a ton of assault. Level 4 is shadow, which has the most to offer for shooting I believe. Minus toughness to amp my shots, minus strength for defense, miasma for defense and slowing assaults, and mindrazor for my initiative 5 army. Any way I could make it dirtier outside of another hydra?

High Sorceress (1#, 285 pts)
1 Supreme Sorceress, 285 pts (Druchii Sorcery; General; Level 4 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Eternal Hatred)
1 Sacrificial Dagger
1 0. Power of Darkness

Repeater Crossbowmen (20#, 225 pts)
20 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen, 225 pts (Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Repeater Crossbow; Light Armour; Shield; Eternal Hatred)

20 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen, 225 pts (Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Repeater Crossbow; Light Armour; Shield; Eternal Hatred)

Shades (9#, 153 pts)
9 Shades, 153 pts (Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Repeater Crossbow; Eternal Hatred; Extra Attack; Scouts; Skirmishers)

Shades (5#, 85 pts)
5 Shades, 85 pts (Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Repeater Crossbow; Eternal Hatred; Extra Attack; Scouts; Skirmishers)

Shades (5#, 85 pts)
5 Shades, 85 pts (Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Repeater Crossbow; Eternal Hatred; Extra Attack; Scouts; Skirmishers)

Reaper (3#, 100 pts)
1 Reaper Bolt Thrower, 100 pts (War Machine; Eternal Hatred; Repeater Bolt Thrower)
2 Crew (Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Eternal Hatred)

Reaper (3#, 100 pts)
1 Reaper Bolt Thrower, 100 pts (War Machine; Eternal Hatred; Repeater Bolt Thrower)

Reaper (3#, 100 pts)

Reaper (3#, 100 pts)

War Hydra (3#, 175 pts)
1 War Hydra, 175 pts (Fiery Breath; Monsters and Handlers; Causes Terror; Eternal Hatred; Large Target; Regenerate; Scaly Skin; Thunder Stomp)
2 Beastmaster (Hand Weapon; Eternal Hatred)
1 Beastmasters Scourge

Hag Queen (4#, 225 pts)
1 Death Hag (Battle Standard Bearer), 225 pts (Berserk Rage; Khainite; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Battle Standard Bearer; Eternal Hatred; Extra Attack; Frenzy; Poisoned Attacks)
1 Cauldron of Blood (Altar of Khaine; Attendents; Berserk Rage; Blessings of Khaine; Khainite; War Machine; Causes Terror; Eternal Hatred; Frenzy; Magic Resistance (1))
2 Hags (Berserk Rage; Khainite; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Eternal Hatred; Extra Attack; Frenzy; Poisoned Attacks)

Black Guard (20#, 306 pts)
20 Black Guard, 306 pts (Warrior Elite; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Halberd; Heavy Armour; Eternal Hatred; Immune to Psychology; Stubborn)
1 Banner of Murder

Harpy Coven (5#, 55 pts)
5 Harpies, 55 pts (Beasts; Flyer)

Harpy Coven (5#, 55 pts)
5 Harpies, 55 pts (Beasts; Flyer)

Back to top Go down
Dannato
Spirit Guide to Lost Souls
Dannato

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater Dark Elves   Bugeater Dark Elves Icon_minitime23rd April 2013, 8:21 pm

I like it man, run some play tests with that build. It looks really solid on paper but I don't know how well it will perform on the table.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater Dark Elves   Bugeater Dark Elves Icon_minitime24th April 2013, 11:31 am

Yeah, I could see it folding to a fast assault army. My other build I'm thinking about is something like this:

-drop the black guard and cauldron
-make the shades into 2x units of 5 with ehw and a unit of 25 with greatweapons
-make my bsb a master with the ASF banner and add a second master with crown of command

This is the same points cost and gives me 16 more shades, and a crazy unit with ini 5 strength 5 hits. On top of that, any unit charging into them is getting spray by 50 stand and shoot shots hitting on 4's. That is 25 hits before any close combat is done. The only thing that worries me about this unit is that magic could straight up remove it. Is there an item to protect them?
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater Dark Elves   Bugeater Dark Elves Icon_minitime24th April 2013, 11:43 am

I think I solved it by removing crown of command and adding MR3 and ironcurse icon. I think I need that protection more than being stubborn. 4+ against nasty magic that will dissolve my unit? Yes please.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater Dark Elves   Bugeater Dark Elves Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bugeater Dark Elves
Page 1 of 1