Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

40k on a low

Go down 
+2
bsimon
gara101
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gara101
Gimp Suit Wearing Dark Eldar
gara101

40k on a low  Empty
PostSubject: 40k on a low    40k on a low  Icon_minitime31st March 2013, 2:11 pm

I've been playing 40k for about 2.5 years and up unt now it's been really fun but with the closing of Warpig and now the weekly league at gamers utopia stopping the game has just been starting to get boring and I'm losing interest

I'm wondering how do you long time 40k players stay in the hobby and keep it interesting because I play against the same people who play the same exact lists and they never change I love the game but its starting to get boring so does anyone have any suggestions
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

40k on a low  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k on a low    40k on a low  Icon_minitime31st March 2013, 3:44 pm

Play at different shops or schedule games against different people.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

40k on a low  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k on a low    40k on a low  Icon_minitime31st March 2013, 5:01 pm

What Brent said and try to vary up your lists. This can be dependent upon your collection can be a lot of fun. You might also try an Apoc game too.
Back to top Go down
gara101
gara101

40k on a low  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k on a low    40k on a low  Icon_minitime31st March 2013, 5:29 pm

I went and played in a apoc game in Memphis and that didn't really help cause that game was more boring then any 40k game I ever played cause there weren't enough players on the opposing team to even things out
Back to top Go down
sirhelnor
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor
sirhelnor

40k on a low  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k on a low    40k on a low  Icon_minitime1st April 2013, 12:26 pm

I don't get to get out to game at the shops often (read: ever) so lately I've been keeping myself active by focusing on the hobby aspect (painting, repainting, converting, learning to base/kitbash/scratchbuild etc.) it helps keep me busy that I've got about 5 projects going at any one time though.

Another thing that helps me out is VASSAL... they finally released the 6th ed module about a month ago, and occasionally my cousins and I play. The best part about it is you've got access to every model in the game (at least, the ones that are up to date in the program) so you can play and test whatever lists you want without the need to own a particular model.

The most important thing is variety, you could also try really small point or kill team games, and have several quick matches rather than one long one. You could even bring multiple lists and swap them out between rounds to keep things fresh
Back to top Go down
gara101
gara101

40k on a low  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k on a low    40k on a low  Icon_minitime1st April 2013, 4:15 pm

What is vassal
Back to top Go down
sirhelnor
sirhelnor

40k on a low  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k on a low    40k on a low  Icon_minitime1st April 2013, 8:53 pm

VASSAL is an open source board game emulator, it lets you download different game modules so that you can play them on your computer. GW had them take down the 40k module from the vassal website, but it still gets developed and updated

you can check out vassal itself at vassalengine.org, the site for the 40k mod is vassal40k.wordpress.com... if you do end up checking it out, I'd strongly recommend looking at the warmachine and malifaux mods, both actually have strong support from PP and wyrd respectively, and they're really high quality
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

40k on a low  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k on a low    40k on a low  Icon_minitime10th April 2013, 12:19 pm

Gara101, come down to T Shirt Xplosion in Springdale. I would be happy to play you a game of 40k. Got a few other guys that would most likely play as well.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

40k on a low  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k on a low    40k on a low  Icon_minitime10th April 2013, 6:12 pm

There are two things that are a certainty when playing these games:

1. People will always complain and say GW is going to collapse within the year.

2. There are always times where no one plays. They are assuredly followed by times where crazy amounts of people are playing. My guess is you will get your fill come May when a lot of people are on summer break.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

40k on a low  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k on a low    40k on a low  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

40k on a low
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Top :: Warhammer 40k :: General Discussion Forum-
Jump to: