Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can the new guy get a intro 40k game?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DerangedFerret
Squat with the Squats
Squat with the Squats
DerangedFerret

Location : Crouching in a hole with a lasgun in Sulphur Springs AR

Can the new guy get a intro 40k game?  Empty
PostSubject: Can the new guy get a intro 40k game?    Can the new guy get a intro 40k game?  Icon_minitime19th July 2012, 4:56 pm

In hindsight I probably should have posted this earlier in the week 8P

I was planning on coming to Warpig on Friday evening and was wondering if anyone with some experience in Warhammer 40k would be willing to give me a sort of tutorial game.

I have played a few games in the past, but the last one was in a tournament at Hobby Town back when it was still open, so it's been a few years. I've been reading a copy of the 5th edition rules off and on since then, but now that 6th is out I've kinda given up on that. I'm still a little hazy on some of the vehicle and building rules (which I've heard have been reworked in 6th anyway) but I have a basic understanding of the game.

As far as an army and gaming supplies to use, I have my own dice and a measuring tape, and last time I saw Jester and big_d they both offered to let me use the Guard armies they keep up at warpig if I want to play a game in store. So provided they are still ok with that I will have models to use. I just need an patient opponent/master to learn from.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Can the new guy get a intro 40k game?    Can the new guy get a intro 40k game?  Icon_minitime20th July 2012, 5:35 pm

I'll be up there with my Jumpers, and I'd be willing to work though a game. May be a bit slow going so we can start relatively small. ~1500 could be pretty easy to work through.
Back to top Go down
DerangedFerret
Squat with the Squats
Squat with the Squats
DerangedFerret

Location : Crouching in a hole with a lasgun in Sulphur Springs AR

PostSubject: Re: Can the new guy get a intro 40k game?    Can the new guy get a intro 40k game?  Icon_minitime20th July 2012, 6:04 pm

Thanks phantom, that would be awesome.

I was planning on showing up at warpig a little after 6pm, so I guess I'll see you whenever you get there. I'm the skinny guy with the black beret.

I'll try and throw together an army list before I leave, but I will more than likely need a bit to tweak it at the store. I can't remember exactly what loadout some of the vehicles in Jester and big_d's guard armies have off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can the new guy get a intro 40k game?    Can the new guy get a intro 40k game?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can the new guy get a intro 40k game?
Page 1 of 1