Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Look Out Sir In A Mixed Armor Unit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

Look Out Sir In A Mixed Armor Unit Empty
PostSubject: Look Out Sir In A Mixed Armor Unit   Look Out Sir In A Mixed Armor Unit Icon_minitime16th July 2012, 3:39 pm

Been seeing some stuff online about how mixed armor Look Out Sir works. I saw one person saying that you have to make your Look Out Sir roll before you roll the save. I think I see where this is coming from but not 100% on the rules.

Page 15 - Units with all models having the same saving throw
First, make all saving throws
Second, allocate an unsaved wound to the closest model

Page 15 - Mixed Saves
First, allocate a wound.
Second, take a save.

Page 16 - Look out sir
When a Wound (or unsaved Wound) is allocated... you may make a Look Out Sir Roll.

What do you guys think?

Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Look Out Sir In A Mixed Armor Unit   Look Out Sir In A Mixed Armor Unit Icon_minitime16th July 2012, 4:40 pm

Since it says unsaved also, couldn't you just look out sir when you allocated after failing?

In a mixed unit, you would allocate, save, fail, then look out sir the unsaved wound.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Look Out Sir In A Mixed Armor Unit   Look Out Sir In A Mixed Armor Unit Icon_minitime16th July 2012, 4:45 pm

bdix wrote:
Since it says unsaved also, couldn't you just look out sir when you allocated after failing?

In a mixed unit, you would allocate, save, fail, then look out sir the unsaved wound.

What Will and folks online are saying is that in mixed armor units, your wound must be look out sir'd before any save is made.

Dont have my rulebook with me here, but this is a big catch. It nerfs the super character leading an army of mooks just a hair.

Allocate looks to be step one in all same armor squads.

Allocate looks to be step two in mixed armor squads

Allocate is the key word and the timing of RAW is very important.

Sloppy rule writing, you say? Surely you jest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Look Out Sir In A Mixed Armor Unit   Look Out Sir In A Mixed Armor Unit Icon_minitime16th July 2012, 5:57 pm

I also read some of this today and took a look at the rules a few minutes ago. Looks to me that they are correct, but it sure is sloppy. That one line on page 16 is what makes you question it. Having played it more, it seemed silly just shaking them off like I did.

This does change things up from the way we have been playing it. It weakens the super character some, but a Draigo or Logan can still shake off a zillion 2+ with good rolling, you just have to take it on them when the time comes. No more Look out Sir! after the one they do fail. It really hurts the super characters with less wounds. Njal, for instance, could only miss two rolls. The other thing you would do differently is Look out Sir! the instant death shots or attacks and loose models more quickly.

One other item that I played incorrectly this weekend was Look out Sir in melee. I had forgotten that you could do this if you weren't in a challenge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look Out Sir In A Mixed Armor Unit   Look Out Sir In A Mixed Armor Unit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Look Out Sir In A Mixed Armor Unit
Page 1 of 1