Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

6e. What are you loving and hating

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

6e. What are you loving and hating Empty
PostSubject: 6e. What are you loving and hating   6e. What are you loving and hating Icon_minitime9th July 2012, 1:01 am

Title says it all. What are you liking and disliking?

Had huge luck with a 2+ IC leading bodies. He takes his 2+ on all incoming fire and dishes it to the mooks when he fails through a 2+ look out sir.

On the other side of the same coin, allocation is slow and tedious.

Fliers are not blowing my skirt up. Today I had to play a long board with four scythes. Each shot 3 times. I'm downgrading the number I run.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: 6e. What are you loving and hating   6e. What are you loving and hating Icon_minitime9th July 2012, 1:57 am

Haven't played a game yet, but I was thinking of running a nid list with a 3x unit of carnafexes with a prime. Because of wound shanigans, you could carousel them around once one took a wound. That sounds pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
BigAl
Servitor with a short circuit
BigAl

PostSubject: Re: 6e. What are you loving and hating   6e. What are you loving and hating Icon_minitime9th July 2012, 8:00 pm

Played one game (thanks Jester) and it felt very sloppy and tedious. Not having all the rules memorized, I missed a lot (warlord traits, precision shots, look out sire on characters, wargear to mention a few). Rules seem to give the edge to shooting with the new rapid fire, overwatch, and reduced cover save for woods.

Overwatch is over-rated.
Pre-measuring everything (feels like cheating) greatly influences your movement phase (prep for shooting or charge)
Flyers do seem to be a mixed bag (agree with dropping down from 4).
Wound allocation (cc and ranged) will take some getting used to and will take some finesse to master
Big play on psykers and what they can add (Eldrad=yeah!)
No more "surprise" assaulting from infiltrate and outflank sucks
Fearless units not taking extra saves for losing cc is huge (rippers and scarabs rejoice!)
Glancing vehicles to wreck is shockingly easy (A10-A12 anyway)
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: 6e. What are you loving and hating   6e. What are you loving and hating Icon_minitime9th July 2012, 9:28 pm

BigAl wrote:

No more "surprise" assaulting from infiltrate and outflank sucks
Fearless units not taking extra saves for losing cc is huge (rippers and scarabs rejoice!)

Why can't you surprise assault anymore? Also, are you taking rippers now?
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: 6e. What are you loving and hating   6e. What are you loving and hating Icon_minitime9th July 2012, 9:58 pm

bdix wrote:
Why can't you surprise assault anymore? Also, are you taking rippers now?

Rules say you can't assault out of reserve, regardless of how you come in from reserve.

Personally I'm loving the changes to a vast majority of the special rules. Fearless, Rage, Slow and Purposeful, all so much better now.

I hate new furious charge, AP3 Power Weapons, and I'm not sold on my Space General yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6e. What are you loving and hating   6e. What are you loving and hating Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6e. What are you loving and hating
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Top :: Warhammer 40k :: General Discussion Forum-
Jump to: