Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did GW ever cast plastic SM's in Blue?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
maxgravity
Servitor with a short circuit
maxgravity

Did GW ever cast plastic SM's in Blue? Empty
PostSubject: Did GW ever cast plastic SM's in Blue?   Did GW ever cast plastic SM's in Blue? Icon_minitime21st May 2012, 8:00 pm

Bought some ridicously cheap still on the sprue SM's off ebay. Got them in today and they are molded in a not quite Ultra Marine blue (cut through a sprue to be sure, it's blue resin not something that's been base coated). Sprue has a 1993 copyright and includes the base.

I was just curious if these are knockoff's or the real deal.

-MaxGrav
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Did GW ever cast plastic SM's in Blue?   Did GW ever cast plastic SM's in Blue? Icon_minitime22nd May 2012, 1:04 am

I think one of the box sets was cast in blue.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Did GW ever cast plastic SM's in Blue?   Did GW ever cast plastic SM's in Blue? Icon_minitime22nd May 2012, 8:38 am

The only blue plastic space marines that I know of were from the Rogue Trader(87) box set. 1993 is during the introduction of second ed.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Did GW ever cast plastic SM's in Blue?   Did GW ever cast plastic SM's in Blue? Icon_minitime22nd May 2012, 11:42 am

Looks like there are a few sets from GW made using blue plastic. The RT era marines were one set as were this set - http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/367592.page

There are blue bolter marines and a blue missile marine from the Space Marine Assault box/game. There were blue plastic marines and purple genestealers.

Not sure on an exact date on this set. Boardgamegeek says 2003.

These go for about $10 on ebay.

The Blood Bowl human team was also cast in blue plastic, probably the same stuff as used above. I'm not sure on the old Space Hulk but the new one uses a dark blue/purple for the Nids and a bright red for the Blood Angels that is different from anything else I had seen them use.
Back to top Go down
maxgravity
Servitor with a short circuit
maxgravity

PostSubject: Re: Did GW ever cast plastic SM's in Blue?   Did GW ever cast plastic SM's in Blue? Icon_minitime22nd May 2012, 12:59 pm

That's them, thanks Big_d.

-MaxGrav
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did GW ever cast plastic SM's in Blue?   Did GW ever cast plastic SM's in Blue? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did GW ever cast plastic SM's in Blue?
Page 1 of 1