Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shadow Sorcerer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

Shadow Sorcerer Empty
PostSubject: Shadow Sorcerer   Shadow Sorcerer Icon_minitime4th April 2012, 3:46 pm

So, I've been thinking about my Khorne army a bit, and I'm going to play around with a pair of Hellcannons. I was thinking of dropping the Tzeentch Lord in favor of a Shadow Lord. However, there's a couple of things. I know the Shadow magic would be awesome alongside the Cannons, but also the buffs and hexes in general should rock. But, I'm going to miss the disk. I thought about picking up the flying carpet to make up for it, but I thought I'd post here see what you guys think. Anyone have some advice on using the a Shadow Lord?
Back to top Go down
http://srsbusiness.org
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

Shadow Sorcerer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadow Sorcerer   Shadow Sorcerer Icon_minitime4th April 2012, 6:35 pm

My advice would be to stick with Tzeentch magic. Easier to cast all of the spells, and you get the spells you want (spells 1,3,4,6) most of the time anyway. But if you are going to use Shadow Magic, most of your spells should focus on protecting your Khorne Marauders. You don't necessarily need the flying carpet. You should have the option to take steed of shadows about 70% of the time. For the spells you get:

Melkoth's Mystifying Miasma to de-buff any unit in combat with your Khorne Marauders.

Steed of Shadows to fly your wizard around.

The Enfeebling Foe to de-buff any unit in combat with your Khorne Marauders or Hell Cannon if the opponent has great weapons.

The Withering is kind of a waste for your army since the lowest strength in your army is a 4, but if you get the spell use it on the unit you want to target with your Hell Cannon.

The Penumbral Pendulum is a waste except against steam tanks and stegadons...maybe. Default it to Miasma if possible.

Pit of Shades is always good. Use it on low initiative characteristic units.

Okkam's Mindrazor is kind of a waste on anything but the Khorne Warriors. Three attacks a piece at strength 8 is nice. Everything else in your army is strength 5, and strength 5 is really good in this edition of warhammer.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Shadow Sorcerer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadow Sorcerer   Shadow Sorcerer Icon_minitime8th April 2012, 8:24 am

Using a shadow wizard is fine, but more of a challenge.

I wouldn't put him on a carpet due to points cost. I'd bunker him in a small unit of warriors and try and keep him out of combat as the best he can have is a 4+ ward now.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

Shadow Sorcerer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadow Sorcerer   Shadow Sorcerer Icon_minitime8th April 2012, 10:46 am

Yeah Wood, that's the direction I was starting to lean with it. My main interest is the hexes alongside double HC and Doom Totem, maybe a little cheesy but certainly not Death Star level. I'm sure I'll try it at some point, but probably only in larger games where I can afford to grab 2 Sorc Lords rather than 1.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Shadow Sorcerer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadow Sorcerer   Shadow Sorcerer Icon_minitime8th April 2012, 11:52 am

Death for doom and darkness (-3 ldr) would work really well too.

That'd put you testing at -6 to panic from the hellcannon with the totem.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

Shadow Sorcerer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadow Sorcerer   Shadow Sorcerer Icon_minitime8th April 2012, 12:40 pm

That's a thought, I may play with that in my Nurgle force.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shadow Sorcerer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadow Sorcerer   Shadow Sorcerer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadow Sorcerer
Page 1 of 1