Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Apocalypse, Saturday March 17

Go down 
+11
BIg Al
Whirlpool
Trygonz
Wasber
big_d
MonkeyMan
Cpt_Tiberius
capnwoodrow
Haren
bdix
Wildeyedjester
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
big_d
Inquisitor

Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 3 Icon_minitime29th February 2012, 12:47 pm

I've been brushing up on my photoshop and adobe skills so I can make custom datasheets if anyone is running any kind of custom super heavy that doesn't have a datasheet. I made one for the ork tank I am running and will make another two for the second ork tank and the klaw stompa. Let me know if anyone needs one, all I really need is a picture of the model and what rules it is using.
Back to top Go down
gara101
Gimp Suit Wearing Dark Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 3 Icon_minitime6th March 2012, 9:20 am

this is kevin spooner my brother ryan and i are planning on showing up
i have about 4k of chaos and 3k of space marines and a stormlord and a brass scorpion

ryan has about 2500 of tau and he doesnt have anything speial
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 3 Icon_minitime6th March 2012, 9:43 am

For those of you playing, but I havent spoken with individually:

We wil have a 20 min lunch break.

I am smoking a ton of BBQ the night before for lunch during apoc. The cost for lunch is 10$ each and you need to let me know if you want food prior to this weekend so I know how much to buy.

If you dont want BBQ thats fine, but bring some food. The fall of Pheridan Secundus wont stop long enough for a run to Mickey D's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 3 Icon_minitime6th March 2012, 9:46 am

gara101 wrote:
this is kevin spooner my brother ryan and i are planning on showing up
i have about 4k of chaos and 3k of space marines and a stormlord and a brass scorpion

ryan has about 2500 of tau and he doesnt have anything speial

Super! Glad you guys will make it out. I will adjust totals later on. kevin is it a superheavy tank you have? Shadowsword?
Back to top Go down
gara101

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 3 Icon_minitime6th March 2012, 8:54 pm

ya its the baneblade varient
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 3 Icon_minitime6th March 2012, 9:47 pm

This is exciting. Our numbers keep growing for this game. Those boards are going to look amazing.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 3 Icon_minitime6th March 2012, 10:56 pm

I agree with Blake. Its going to be a lot of fun. Madness I tell you and 40k fun just for funs sake.

I need to hear from Wasber, Gara & brother, Cpt Tiberius and Whirpool if they want lunch for 10$

Also will need to hear if Trygonz and Monkeyman are still attending and if so do they want lunch?

****teams adjusted again****[i]

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 12th March 2012, 12:01 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 3 Icon_minitime7th March 2012, 12:16 am

Everyone on team good, shoot me a pm with your list so we can start thinking about table matchups.
Back to top Go down
gara101
gara101

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 3 Icon_minitime7th March 2012, 9:13 am

do the super heavys count toward the armies points like will my scorpion count towed my chaos total points
Back to top Go down
gara101
gara101

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 3 Icon_minitime7th March 2012, 9:36 am

ok thank you we will bring our own lunch but thanks for the offer
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 3 Icon_minitime8th March 2012, 12:50 pm

Good team
Downey orcs 4k
Downey marines 4k - including achilles
Downey guard 5k
Sterling 4k marines
Shawn 4k Blood Angels
Blake 4k marines
Blake 1k orcs
Spooner #2 5 k chaos
Spooner # 2 3 k marines
Dan gives 2.5 marines
Eric gives 4 k of grey knights
Wasber? 3 k guard

Total 41.5 k

Heavies:
Spooner stormlord 450
Downey orc shadowsword 450
Downey orc baneblade 500
Downey orc stompa 600
Downey Orc stomps 600
Shawn Fell blade 750
Sterling baneblade 500
Spooner brass scorpion 250

Total 4100
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 3 Icon_minitime8th March 2012, 12:51 pm

Teams update, again.

Defending team:
'bad team'
Harp space wolves 4k
Harp dark eldar 3k
harp daemons 3.5k
Dannato daemons 3k
Alex Nids 4k
Alex Eldar 3k
Yates guard 4.5 k
Yates Eldar 3.5 k
Yates necrons 1.5 k
Shawn gives crons 2 k
Dannato Guard 3k
Harp Nids 1k
Spooner #1 2 k tau
Yates tau 1.5 k
Whirpool 2 k chaos

Total: 41.5k

Harp shadowsord 450
Yates shadowsword 450
warhound titan (loaned downey) 750
Daemon lord angrath (loaned downey) 888
Daemon lord zarakynel (loaned alex) 666
Scythed Heriodule 600
Yates surprise 600
Fortress walls 600

Total: 5k
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 3 Icon_minitime9th March 2012, 12:14 am

oh, just in case anyone hasn't checked their armies available formation data sheets and seen what AB has in the formations section when you click the little check box in the army selection screen for apoc, here is a list of data sheets and where to find them at.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=193307&st=25

While not the complete list (read not all the ones that are in the actual apoc books), there is a good place to start looking.

A REMINDER: Just because you have the models to form a formation doesn't mean you need to field it as such. Some formations fall apart when their command falls. However, if they seem like fun, give them a try. I am.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 3 Icon_minitime9th March 2012, 12:39 am

Remember to use it you need a paper copy of the data sheet or formation. It's much easier if it is copied out of the book instead of flipping through.

A list on paper is also necessary.

Movement phase will be 15 mins. 20 mins for shooting and 20 for assault. Every time you can cut 10+ mins off your full turn your team will gain a 5 minute extension on a later turn of your choice.
Back to top Go down
gara101
gara101

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 3 Icon_minitime11th March 2012, 7:34 pm

is anyone bringing caption sicarius for space marines or kayvin shrike
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 3 Icon_minitime16th March 2012, 11:27 am

Just some reminders:

Be there with your stuff set up and out by 8:30 AM. Dice thrown at 9:00, if you aren't deployed you miss turn one.

Have an army roster sheet for each Force You are bringing.

Have a data sheet printed off for each super heavy or gargatuan creature you are fielding.

There will be a 20 minute lunch break. Bring food to eat, if you aren't eating the BBQ.

If all turns go the full length, the game will officially finish at 7:00 PM at the very latest.

See you all tomorrow!

-Jester
Back to top Go down
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner
ares

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 3 Icon_minitime16th March 2012, 1:28 pm

Gentlemen, I hope that you have a great time tomorrow and pray that everyone remembers deoderant.
Back to top Go down
http://tshirtexplosion.com
Cpt_Tiberius
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Cpt_Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 3 Icon_minitime16th March 2012, 3:44 pm

Hey guys, I am not going to be able to make it to the game tomorrow. I apologize for the last minute notice, but we have a family emergency that has come up. I hope you guys have a great time.
Back to top Go down
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner
ares

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 3 Icon_minitime20th March 2012, 10:08 am

Didn't see any reports or pictures on how this week. Just curious to see who won and how much carnage was handed out. I need details man, DETAILS!!!
Back to top Go down
http://tshirtexplosion.com
BIg Al
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
BIg Al

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 3 Icon_minitime20th March 2012, 7:40 pm

So many models and units. Turns were all timed as well, so it was also fast paced and hectic. Needless to say, a fair share of things got missed/overlooked each turn. I'll let some of the others chime in on how they did. In a nutshell = Bad guys won. Good guys made a push turn 2 and 3, but stalled. Called it halfway through turn four. I think all the Superheavies died. They die quicker than you would think they should.

I had Nids and Eldar on two tables. Nids faced IG and Orks mainly with some Chaos and Marines as well on the City table. Sythed Heirodule knocked out an Orc Stompa only to get his last wound taken by an Nob with a power claw to the face. Doom dropped in on blob IG, sucked a handful of wounds and was promptly gunned down by 180 lasgun shots for his troubles.

My Eldar faced lots of Marine and IG mech and consisted mainly of 6 Fire Prism using Sunstorm formation - which was freak'n nasty and some wave serpents providing close support. Got a couple shots off before the moon nuke missile took out three prisms with a 12" radius Str D boom. *sigh*

MVP for my armies were my Trygons (middle management of the nid force) who knocked out most of what they touched and avoided most of the ranged fire due to my drop pod units, Monkey's Demons & Thunder Wolves taking most of the heat. There was a lot of beef on the part of the table. For the Eldar, I would say Sunstorm gets my vote. Tremendous firepower and it was fun to let fly for a couple turns.

I think Jester and Danato stole the show with their Demon/Eldar surprise on the fortress table.
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 3 Icon_minitime24th March 2012, 2:13 am

Hey guys, I've got a model that has turned up missing from the apoc game. It was a librarian in brass colored terminator armor running with the grey knights that I loaned the "bad guys". With so many models being pushed around, I'm sure someone just scooped it up with their stuff. Please take a look and let me know if you find it.
Back to top Go down
sirhelnor
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor
sirhelnor

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 3 Icon_minitime24th March 2012, 6:51 am

any chance we'll be getting a batrep? i want to see how it compares to all the pick-up apocalypse games that go on around here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apocalypse, Saturday March 17
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3