Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens

Go down 
+6
bdix
ares
Cpt_Tiberius
Wildeyedjester
big_d
Khaas
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 Icon_minitime28th June 2013, 10:02 pm

Thanks Bdix, I'm still deciding what if any tourneys I'm going to be hitting before Shiloh next year. If all goes well I'll be taking the Chaos Dwarfs to the Alamo, let's hope they like them as much as I do (I doubt it though).

Here's a two parter, I got to work on Throgg and my Daemon Prince today. I wanted to go with some slightly different colors, but still something appropriate for the Plague Father. Here's the Daemon Prince in progress...

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 089

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 090

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 091

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 092

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 093

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 094

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 095

Continued below...
Back to top Go down
http://srsbusiness.org
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 Icon_minitime28th June 2013, 10:03 pm

...continued from above.

Here's Throgg in progress, a fair amount of detail work left. But I've got the basic colors in for his skin and the base. Should be knocked out tomorrow.

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 096

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 097

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 098

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 099

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 100

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 101

18 Chaos Trolls coming soon...
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 Icon_minitime9th July 2013, 9:47 pm

[color:ad97=#090]Keldor the Lost, Twice Blessed of Chaos, Banner Man of the Crow Tribe.
A few changes to this guy, I added a standard from the Nurgle Plague Drones and one of the heads from the Chaos Chariot. There is a story behind this guy, I suspect I'll share it sooner or later.

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 102

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 103

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 104

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 105

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 106

Throgg is also just about finished, a few details (mostly the cloak) that need finishing and some touch ups on the base. I'll have pics of him soon.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 Icon_minitime10th July 2013, 4:04 pm

[color:8582=#090]Throgg, the Troll King
Absolutely love this model, unfortunately I realized too late that there were some mold lines I'd overlooked. Still, I'm pretty happy with how he's turned out, I used the same greens I used on my Daemon Prince earlier, but I went with strict areas of dark and light green instead of blending. This is how I will be painting the rest of my converted trolls, the horde will be in progress soon along with a new converted Chimera (thanks Rusty for the inspiration). Without further ado, here's Throgg...

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 107

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 108

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 109

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 110

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 111

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 112

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 113

And here's one for scale...

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 114

I'll be adding some minor touches, edging the base in black, etc after I'm sure the pigment fixer is dry.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 Icon_minitime20th July 2013, 11:58 am

The yard sale went monumentally well, $600 in the can in a single morning. Better yet, my garage is cleaned out. This means I have the funds and the space to start working on a place to set up a table and play some games. By this time next year I'm hoping to have an 8x4 table with all of the trimmings ready for some games.

That said, I actually had some time to work on the ruins. I added some brown for the tree and the dirt.

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 019

The dirt that's currently visible will have some grass and snow in patches before it's all done. But first, I need to darken things up a bit...

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 020

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 021

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 022

It's coming along now, there are some small details I want to add next before adding the snow, grit, and grass. So stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 Icon_minitime20th July 2013, 2:38 pm

I'm coming to the end of the Ruins project. You might recall that I used an obelisk with glowing runes on my display board last year. I decided to carry that over and expand it slightly for this. Using the Lost and the Damned book I found several that I thought would be appropriate and have penned some rules for these Ruins to be used in a special scenario I'm working on for me and a friend. The runes are representative of the rules.

Runes, from top to bottom:
1. Face of Nurgle
2. 7 (The Sacred Number of the Plague Father)
3. Immensity
4. Magician
5. Chaos Reward
6. Massive Intellect
7. Mindless
8. Rotting Flesh
9. Nurglings

The Rotten Ruins
Long ago missionaries built a Temple of Morr, it is believed that they wanted to sanctify recently discovered barrows in the area. No one can be certain, for those followers of Morr have long been devoured by the waste. What is certain is that the once proud temple and it's noble cause have been utterly tainted by the touch of Chaos. Followers of Nurgle have torn the walls asunder and reconsecrated the ground to their foul lord, indeed what little remains to be seen of the structure is half buried in the detritus and filth, a stench clings to the area and always there is the churning sound of unseen things in the unwholesome ground.

The grounds are largely unrecognizable, however there is a small remnant of the once much larger structure that is visible. In the long years since the followers of Nurgle reconsecrated the ground it has become a potent focus of Magical powers. So potent in fact that some fear (or hope) that the veil separating this world from the Realm of Chaos has become dangerously thin here.

GAME RULES
Units within 6 inches of the Rotten Ruins must roll a D6 and consult the appropriate chart for results.

FORCES OF ORDER
1. Mindless! - The Unit gains Stupidity, roll another D6 on a roll of 1 this effect is permanent. Otherwise, the unit will lose Stupidity once it is more than 6 inches away from the ruins.
2 - 5. Rotting Flesh! - The unit has the Flammable special rule, roll another D6 on a roll of 1 this effect is permanent. Otherwise the unit will lose Flammable once it is more than 6 inches away from the ruins.
6. Attack! - d3 bases of Nurglings appear in base contact with the unit. If already in combat, the Nurglings will choose a flank (decided by opponent) to strike. These are not worth victory points and will not move more than 6 inches away from the Ruins. If there is not a viable target to attack, the Nurglings will return to the Realm of Chaos.

FORCES OF CHAOS
1. Hymn of the Plague Father - The unit now has the ability to cast a single, randomly generated Lore of Nurgle spell. Treat the unit as a spell caster with levels equal to the number of ranks in the unit. The unit can not however dispel or channel however. Spell casters entering the area of influence are treated as Lore Masters of Nurgle, if the caster was able to cast other spells (Death for example) they can choose to cast those spells already chosen or the Nurgle spells in a given round.
2 - 5. Blessed by Nurgle - The unit now has Regeneration and Poisoned Attacks, if the unit already has these abilities they grow in potency by 1. If there is a Lord or Hero in the unit roll a D6. On a six the unit gains this bonus permanently, otherwise they lose these abilities when the unit moves 6 inches away from the ruins.
6. Rise Children! - d3 bases of Nurglings appear within 6 inches of the unit under your control. These are not worth victory points and will disappear should they move further than six inches away from the unit, or if the unit dies.

FORCES OF NEUTRALITY
No Effect...

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 023

I wanted a sickly glow look for the runes, so I used GW Death World Forest and Nurgling Green. For the snow I'm using watered down PVA glue and Woodland Scenics Snow. Now, I'm just waiting on it to dry so I can finish it up. Let me know what you think.

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 024

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 025

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 026

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 027

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 028
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 Icon_minitime4th October 2013, 12:41 pm

It's been a while since I updated here, but I got my army ready for Shiloh. Here's a peek, I'll be putting together some more detailed photos for the front page soon.

I took everything outside and got some pictures in natural lighting conditions, with everything finished I thought now was the time. These pictures were taken with my iPhone, but I have another series I've taken with the digital camera already that I need to look at. I wanted to get an idea of the difference between the two, and frankly I need some practice with the thing. So, here we go...

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 414

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 415

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 416

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 417

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 418

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 419

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 420

Let me know what you think, I'll be posting the pics with the big camera a bit later. I've got to get them off the camera (my computer is weird about USB devices and doesn't like the Nikon).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens   Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Realm of Chaos, the Abode of Ravens
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12