Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wounds on multiwound models

Go down 
+2
Bluesci1987
bdix
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

Wounds on multiwound models Empty
PostSubject: Wounds on multiwound models   Wounds on multiwound models Icon_minitime14th June 2011, 1:02 pm

Here is the situation. I'd be taking 4 raveners in a squad, each with 3 wounds. Let's say I get hit with 3 STR 8 shoots from a unit. I cannot allocate since they are all the same. Even though they insta-kill, do I put all 3 on one model since they are the same? In that scenario, I have 3 raveners left. If 3 raveners take the 3 wounds, then they are hardly worth taking because after 1 round of shooting I'd only have 1 left.
Back to top Go down
Bluesci1987
Flashlight toting Guardsman
Bluesci1987

PostSubject: Re: Wounds on multiwound models   Wounds on multiwound models Icon_minitime14th June 2011, 2:23 pm

If they are all the same, it is the second scenario that plays out. So if you got hit and wounded with three insta-kills, you would be left with only one. It is in the bbb under where they talk about wounding multi-wound units in the shooting section of the rules.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Wounds on multiwound models   Wounds on multiwound models Icon_minitime14th June 2011, 2:38 pm

Yep. This was the big hit nids took in the new codex. Warriors and raveners get insta-killed due to no eternal warrior and no allocation.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Wounds on multiwound models   Wounds on multiwound models Icon_minitime14th June 2011, 5:12 pm

So these guys would have to be one and done units. Try and hit something that they are going to break, then watch them die to str 8 shoots.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Wounds on multiwound models   Wounds on multiwound models Icon_minitime14th June 2011, 5:43 pm

Yes. One hit from ig tank ordnance and the whole unit gets toasted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Wounds on multiwound models   Wounds on multiwound models Icon_minitime14th June 2011, 7:52 pm

Would one big unit work better than two small ones then?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Wounds on multiwound models   Wounds on multiwound models Icon_minitime14th June 2011, 8:22 pm

I would suggest trying the 1 big unit first, then split it into twos - but the problem remains the same. One blast template should clear them off.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Wounds on multiwound models   Wounds on multiwound models Icon_minitime14th June 2011, 8:36 pm

You'll have to play test. One big unit might survive better. But it also only takes one tank rotenone them. 2 unit dies to torrent of fire easier. But means the opponent must give up two tank shots instead. Pros and cons for both.

Here's a link to where I talked about multiwound creatures on the blog
http://www.thehogsofwar.com/2011/04/user-email-instant-death-and-multwound.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Wounds on multiwound models   Wounds on multiwound models Icon_minitime14th June 2011, 9:39 pm

I've only played against these guys once and they were pretty stout. Alex ran them in a game against me. You just have to pick your targets with them. They are very fast, have 3 wounds a piece, and a bunch of attacks, but they die easy to high strength templates and power fists.

They should actually end up being a bit survivable - a unit of three of them just isn't that big of a threat. You would have to build your list around target priority but they can definitely be fit in.

One other thing to consider on them is that they come from the fast slot. That alone is a big bonus since they don't eat up your precious elite slots.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Wounds on multiwound models   Wounds on multiwound models Icon_minitime14th June 2011, 10:31 pm

I currently have it set up with a unit of 4 and a unit of 5. As long as its not IG, I could run them in my swarm as a counter-charge (assuming I dont get first turn) or I could deploy them at the 12 inch mark and hope to get a 6 on my fleet if I get first turn. Just like with the rest of the army, I'd have to utilize cover as they advance.

Another route I was thinking was putting them in regular reserve. Try and take control of center board turn 1 and 2 and bring them on 3rd with an off the table assault.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Wounds on multiwound models   Wounds on multiwound models Icon_minitime14th June 2011, 10:47 pm

Sounds like you have a pretty good battle plan. Let me know if you want them to come smash some oblit spam sometime Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wounds on multiwound models   Wounds on multiwound models Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wounds on multiwound models
Page 1 of 1