Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Die Con, St. Louis

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Die Con, St. Louis Empty
PostSubject: Die Con, St. Louis   Die Con, St. Louis Icon_minitime4th May 2011, 11:35 am

Just wondering if anyone knew about this tournament.

http://diecon.com/D11/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=99&Itemid=76
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Die Con, St. Louis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Die Con, St. Louis   Die Con, St. Louis Icon_minitime4th May 2011, 7:07 pm

I realize it may be blasphemy to speak this, but this may hurt attendance at IDM and CHG Warmachine event.
They must not be part of the GT circuit, I'm pretty sure Brian wouldn't have scheduled his event the weekend after this one.
But now that I know about it, might be worth going to next year. I could play 40k and Warmachine. Sweet!
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Die Con, St. Louis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Die Con, St. Louis   Die Con, St. Louis Icon_minitime4th May 2011, 7:15 pm

It's not blasphemy, but convention tournaments really don't impact local tournaments unless they're in the same metropolitan area. CHG really won't be impacted by DieCon, because there is very little player overlap; perhaps a couple of Springfield, MO people (although I'm not certain any came down last time), perhaps a couple of Joplin area people, but in general very little impact. Since it's not on the GT circuit, I doubt Brian is impacted, because DieCon lost their single largest advertising stream.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Die Con, St. Louis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Die Con, St. Louis   Die Con, St. Louis Icon_minitime4th May 2011, 8:02 pm

I guess the no advertising thing adds up since no one seems to know anything about it.

Do you happen to know anything about the guys running it? Besides the fact they don't know how to advertise.
Just wondering if they put on a decent affair.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Die Con, St. Louis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Die Con, St. Louis   Die Con, St. Louis Icon_minitime4th May 2011, 8:15 pm

It was a RTT last year, and a 5-game 2-day event this year.

I don't see how you could feasibly play 40k AND Warmachine unless you're counting Friday night Warmachine.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Die Con, St. Louis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Die Con, St. Louis   Die Con, St. Louis Icon_minitime4th May 2011, 10:27 pm

bsimon wrote:
I don't see how you could feasibly play 40k AND Warmachine unless you're counting Friday night Warmachine.

Actually, I figured if I was losing badly, I could drop and play some Warmachine. Or depending on how the Warmachine events are scheduled, might be able to play a little Sat. night. But don't know how it is set up so not sure if it is feasible. Just a thought and sounded good in theory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Die Con, St. Louis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Die Con, St. Louis   Die Con, St. Louis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Die Con, St. Louis
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Top :: Events-
Jump to: