Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If I Did It

Go down 
+3
Verminlord
MonkeyMan
PhantomPhoenix
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

If I Did It Empty
PostSubject: If I Did It   If I Did It Icon_minitime28th August 2010, 9:24 pm

So, hypothetically, if I were to switch to the Dark Elves, I think this is what I'd be interested in running. Sup Sorc would probably take Death and Lvl 2 Sorc would take Dark Magic, I like chillwind way too much.

High Sorceress (1#, 320 pts)
. . 1 Supreme Sorceress @ 320 pts (Druchii Sorcery; General; Level 4 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Eternal Hatred)
. . . . 1 Sacrificial Dagger
. . . . 1 Pendant of Khaeleth
. . . . 1 0. Power of Darkness

Noble (1#, 185 pts)
. . 1 Master (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 185 pts (Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour; Sea Dragon Cloak; Shield; Battle Standard Bearer; Eternal Hatred)
. . . . 1 Cold One (Thick-skinned; Causes Fear; Immune to Psychology; Stupid)
. . . . 1 Whip of Agony
. . . . 1 Dawnstone

Sorceress (1#, 150 pts)
. . 1 Sorceress @ 150 pts (Druchii Sorcery; Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Eternal Hatred)
. . . . 1 Tome of Furion
. . . . 1 0. Power of Darkness

Repeater Crossbowmen (18#, 218 pts)
. . 17 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen @ 218 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Repeater Crossbow; Light Armour; Shield; Eternal Hatred)
. . . . 1 Guardmaster (Hand Weapon; Repeater Crossbow; Light Armour; Shield; Eternal Hatred)

Repeater Crossbowmen (18#, 218 pts)
. . 17 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen @ 218 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Repeater Crossbow; Light Armour; Shield; Eternal Hatred)
. . . . 1 Guardmaster (Hand Weapon; Repeater Crossbow; Light Armour; Shield; Eternal Hatred)

Warriors (20#, 140 pts)
. . 19 Dark Elf Warriors @ 140 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Spear; Light Armour; Eternal Hatred)
. . . . 1 Lordling (Hand Weapon; Spear; Light Armour; Eternal Hatred)
. . . . 1 Gleaming Pennant

Dark Riders (5#, 117 pts)
. . 5 Dark Riders @ 117 pts (Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Repeater Crossbow; Spear; Light Armour; Eternal Hatred; Fast Cavalry)
. . . . 5 Dark Steed

. . 5 Dark Riders @ 117 pts (Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Repeater Crossbow; Spear; Light Armour; Eternal Hatred; Fast Cavalry)
. . . . 5 Dark Steed

Black Guard (20#, 345 pts)
. . 19 Black Guard @ 345 pts (Warrior Elite; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Halberd; Heavy Armour; Eternal Hatred; Immune to Psychology; Stubborn)
. . . . 1 Tower Master (Warrior Elite; Halberd; Heavy Armour; Eternal Hatred; Immune to Psychology)
. . . . . . 1 Ring of Hotek
. . . . 1 Banner of Murder

Cold One Knights (9#, 338 pts)
. . 8 Cold One Knights @ 338 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Lance; Heavy Armour; Shield; Eternal Hatred)
. . . . Dread Knight (Hand Weapon; Lance; Heavy Armour; Shield; Eternal Hatred)
. . . . . . 1 Soulrender (Always Strikes Last; Great Weapon)
. . . . . . 1 Ironcurse Icon
. . . . 1 Banner of Hag Graef (Always Strike First)
. . . . 9 Cold One (Thick-skinned; Causes Fear; Immune to Psychology; Stupid)

War Hydra (3#, 175 pts)
. . 1 War Hydra @ 175 pts (Fiery Breath; Monsters and Handlers; Causes Terror; Eternal Hatred; Large Target; Regenerate; Scaly Skin)
. . . . 2 Beastmaster (Hand Weapon; Eternal Hatred)
. . . . . . 1 Beastmasters Scourge

War Hydra (3#, 175 pts)
. . 1 War Hydra @ 175 pts (Fiery Breath; Monsters and Handlers; Causes Terror; Eternal Hatred; Large Target; Regenerate; Scaly Skin)
. . . . 2 Beastmaster (Hand Weapon; Eternal Hatred)
. . . . . . 1 Beastmasters Scourge

Total Roster Cost: 2498

Still extremely new to this army, just got the actual book yesterday, so any input you've got would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

If I Did It Empty
PostSubject: Re: If I Did It   If I Did It Icon_minitime28th August 2010, 10:04 pm

Awesome can i play u when u have them( u will win cause u will have eteral hatred, and i will b using high elve)
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

If I Did It Empty
PostSubject: Re: If I Did It   If I Did It Icon_minitime29th August 2010, 12:02 pm

You might want to consider some Harpies and putting your mages on Dark Pegasus. With nothing to really to go get war machines but two units of Dark Riders, look for the Hydras to die early.

Another consideration would be some Repeater Bolt Throwers or maybe a hero on manticore instead of the lvl 2. Manticore could take out war machines with ease and some smaller units while still being big and scary.

Cold Ones are nice and all, until they fail that stupid test. Unless you take a bsb to allow rerolls, there might be a better use for those points.

In the past the strength's of this army have been Magic and Shooting. I would imagine that changing from slots to percentages wouldn't change this army a whole lot.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

If I Did It Empty
PostSubject: Re: If I Did It   If I Did It Icon_minitime29th August 2010, 1:06 pm

MonkeyMan wrote:
Awesome can i play u when u have them( u will win cause u will have eteral hatred, and i will b using high elve)

Eternal Hatred lets him reroll misses, but you already get to reroll all misses thanks to Speed of Asuryan and equal or better initiative, and you get to go first, and are immune to Panic. I'm betting on High Elves in that matchup.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

If I Did It Empty
PostSubject: Re: If I Did It   If I Did It Icon_minitime29th August 2010, 1:58 pm

@ MonkeyMan, I'm always up for a game, but there's no actual guarantee I'll work all the way up to 2500 very soon. My VC are still much farther along.

@ Verminlord, As far as war machine hunters I've been considering dropping the Dark Riders for Shades. I'm also not too immensely worried about warmachines as I just have to get the hydras stuck in to avoid getting shot, which is exactly where I want them. Chillwind is also a huge help in that regard.

The Sup Sorc has to go with the Spearmen or waste the sac dagger, if I can find the points the lvl 2 will grab a ride, wasn't sure where to stick her anyway...

The Reaper seems less important now with larger units walking round. The bolts are nice but not always necessary and the max 6 normal shots just don't seem worth it when 100 could get you witch elves or more shades and end up doing the job better.

Master BSB is riding with the CoKs, stupidity shouldn't be an issue.

@ Bsimon, Eternal Hatred is all rounds v. High Elves. Also, DElves shoot better, where ASF doesn't matter. So I wouldn't completely discount the Dark Elves.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

If I Did It Empty
PostSubject: Re: If I Did It   If I Did It Icon_minitime29th August 2010, 8:36 pm

PhantomPhoenix wrote:

The Sup Sorc has to go with the Spearmen or waste the sac dagger, if I can find the points the lvl 2 will grab a ride, wasn't sure where to stick her anyway...

I'd at least look for the horsey for the lvl2 if you can spare the points, pegs are even better. Since she's not your 'deathy' then you don't have to worry too much.

PhantomPhoenix wrote:

The Reaper seems less important now with larger units walking round. The bolts are nice but not always necessary and the max 6 normal shots just don't seem worth it when 100 could get you witch elves or more shades and end up doing the job better.

If you're not 100% on the Dark Riders and the warmachines then I'd go shades. More shooting, more headaches.

PhantomPhoenix wrote:

@ Bsimon, Eternal Hatred is all rounds v. High Elves. Also, DElves shoot better, where ASF doesn't matter. So I wouldn't completely discount the Dark Elves.

I think he meant just going stats v/ dice in a single combat. I don't think he was making a blanket statement about DE/HE. I wouldn't discount ASF, because you will do a sadface when your hydra charges 20 White Lions and they take it off the board before it acts....
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

If I Did It Empty
PostSubject: Re: If I Did It   If I Did It Icon_minitime29th August 2010, 10:15 pm

So... Funny story... I officially own pretty much this whole army... Strange how things can change over the course of... *checks time* 8 Hours...

Capn, I'm very much aware how important ASF is (don't forget I play VC{used to?}) I'd definitely have to hand it to the HElfs when it came to CC, but with magical control of the opponents shooting phase as Dark Magic has (Chillwind and Word of Pain) and lots of Armor Pen shooting, I think the Dark Elves would at least put up a good fight.
Back to top Go down
Dannato
Spirit Guide to Lost Souls
Dannato

If I Did It Empty
PostSubject: Re: If I Did It   If I Did It Icon_minitime29th August 2010, 11:30 pm

I would run

2500 Pts - Dark Elves Roster

High Sorceress (1#, 285 pts)
1 Supreme Sorceress @ 285 pts (Druchii Sorcery; General; Level 4 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Eternal Hatred)
1 Sacrificial Dagger
1 0. Power of Darkness

Hag Queen (4#, 225 pts)
1 Death Hag (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 225 pts (Khainite; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Battle Standard Bearer; Eternal Hatred; Extra Attack; Frenzy; Poisoned Attacks)
1 Cauldron of Blood (Altar of Khaine; Attendents; Blessings of Khaine; Khainite; War Machine; Causes Terror; Eternal Hatred; Frenzy; Magic Resistance (1))
2 Hags (Khainite; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Eternal Hatred; Extra Attack; Frenzy; Poisoned Attacks)

Sorceress (1#, 197 pts)
1 Sorceress @ 197 pts (Druchii Sorcery; Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Eternal Hatred)
1 Dark Steed
1 Feedback Scroll
1 0. Power of Darkness

Warriors (24#, 208 pts)
23 Dark Elf Warriors @ 208 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Spear; Light Armour; Shield; Eternal Hatred)
1 Lordling (Hand Weapon; Spear; Light Armour; Shield; Eternal Hatred)
1 Banner of Murder

5 Dark Riders @ 117 pts (Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Repeater Crossbow; Spear; Light Armour; Eternal Hatred; Fast Cavalry)
5 Dark Steed

5 Dark Riders @ 117 pts (Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Repeater Crossbow; Spear; Light Armour; Eternal Hatred; Fast Cavalry)
5 Dark Steed

Repeater Crossbowmen (10#, 105 pts)
10 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen @ 105 pts (Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Repeater Crossbow; Light Armour; Eternal Hatred)

Repeater Crossbowmen (10#, 105 pts)
10 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen @ 105 pts (Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Repeater Crossbow; Light Armour; Eternal Hatred)

Shades (8#, 128 pts)
8 Shades @ 128 pts (Hand Weapon; Repeater Crossbow; Eternal Hatred; Scouts; Skirmishers)

Shades (8#, 128 pts)
8 Shades @ 128 pts (Hand Weapon; Repeater Crossbow; Eternal Hatred; Scouts; Skirmishers)

Black Guard (18#, 284 pts)
17 Black Guard @ 284 pts (Warrior Elite; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Halberd; Heavy Armour; Eternal Hatred; Immune to Psychology; Stubborn)
1 Kouran (Crimsom Death)
1 Armor of Grief
1 Crimson Death
1 Tower Master (Warrior Elite; Heavy Armour; Eternal Hatred; Immune to Psychology)
1 Standard of Discipline

War Hydra (3#, 175 pts)
1 War Hydra @ 175 pts (Fiery Breath; Monsters and Handlers; Causes Terror; Eternal Hatred; Large Target; Regenerate; Scaly Skin)
2 Beastmaster (Hand Weapon; Eternal Hatred)
1 Beastmasters Scourge

War Hydra (3#, 175 pts)
1 War Hydra @ 175 pts (Fiery Breath; Monsters and Handlers; Causes Terror; Eternal Hatred; Large Target; Regenerate; Scaly Skin)
2 Beastmaster (Hand Weapon; Eternal Hatred)
1 Beastmasters Scourge

Reaper (3#, 100 pts)
1 Reaper Bolt Thrower @ 100 pts (War Machine; Eternal Hatred; Repeater Bolt Thrower)
2 Crew (Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Eternal Hatred)

Squad (1#, 151 pts)
1 Assassin @ 151 pts (A Killer Not a Leader; Always Strike First; Hidden; Khainite; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Eternal Hatred; Extra Attack; Poisoned Attacks; Scouts)
1 Manbane
1 Rending Stars

Validation Report:
Army Subtype: Dark Elf Army; Edition: 8th Edition; Game Type: Normal Game
Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Total Roster Cost: 2500

Created with Army Builder® - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

If I Did It Empty
PostSubject: Re: If I Did It   If I Did It Icon_minitime30th August 2010, 12:22 am

Are you not worried that your RXBmen units are a little small? At long range, which is where you want your RXBmen I believe, against T3 you'll only get 2.5 wounds.

Since you're running the CoB, would you consider a larger unit of Corsairs AHW and SSS? I mean if you run them horde formation that's potentially 51 attacks with rerolls and KB if you're in range of the CoB. That would also cover just about all of your core requirement.

What unit would you stick your assassin in? I'd think with this list probably the Spearman unit, since there's nothing there to really protect your Sorceress. Though that's just me.

The only thing that I actually don't like is Kouran, he's too expensive for basically doing what black guard already do... stick around way too damn long. Also why would you give the unbreakable and stubborn unit Banner of Discipline? Personally I'd take Banner of Murder from the Warriors and give it to your Black Guard. Maybe give the warriors Gleaming Banner instead so that they don't accidentally drag your sorceress down if they lose combat.
Back to top Go down
Dannato
Spirit Guide to Lost Souls
Dannato

If I Did It Empty
PostSubject: Re: If I Did It   If I Did It Icon_minitime30th August 2010, 12:48 am

I guess army builder is on the fritz it put kouran but I never payed for him;\

The CoB just holds up my center behind the blackguard for stubborn on a 10 and the buffs, sadly they're not unbreakable. I'm not positive on the assasin yet but mostlikely into a unit of shades

the spearmen block will hopefully never see combat but I put the banner of murder on just for heavy cav.

Also let me know if you want to get a game I'm free most tuesday nights.

Edit: RBX are just filler trying to take a rank or two off before anything gets into combat.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

If I Did It Empty
PostSubject: Re: If I Did It   If I Did It Icon_minitime30th August 2010, 1:28 am

Black Guard are always stubborn. For that reason I'm really excited about giving the Tower Master Ring of Hotek. Get the BG stuck in near an enemy mage and watch him self destruct and/or hold back and make dispels easy. That said I still wouldn't want to waste BoM on a Warrior unit whose whole job is to literally suck and die Razz.

I'll definitely be up for a game, I have a ton of crap that needs to be put together though so it will have to be next week at the absolute earliest.

I have to build the following:
16 RXBmen
4 Spearmen
6 Dark Riders
1 Hydra
4 Black Guard
5(Really 10 halves) CoKs

Then I'd have to proxy 5 Grave Guard as 5 Black Guard and 1 Blood Knight as 1 Sorceress on Dark Pegasus, with only 6 proxied models this would be the closest I've gotten to a real game of WHFB yet lol.
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

If I Did It Empty
PostSubject: Re: If I Did It   If I Did It Icon_minitime30th August 2010, 4:06 pm

You should try to fit a couple more standards in the army. Possibly in the shooting units or the dark riders unit, instead of the musicians. Matt G. brought a dark elf army similar to the lists below, and we rolled the banner scenario. The game ended on turn three when I broke his spearmen.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

If I Did It Empty
PostSubject: Re: If I Did It   If I Did It Icon_minitime30th August 2010, 4:45 pm

Fethos wrote:
You should try to fit a couple more standards in the army. Possibly in the shooting units or the dark riders unit, instead of the musicians. Matt G. brought a dark elf army similar to the lists below, and we rolled the banner scenario. The game ended on turn three when I broke his spearmen.

Really? I'd have a Fort of 8 with that initial list, you'd have to break 5 units or 3+General to reach the break point... I'd thought that would be enough... Granted that PoV is a bit skewed by my VC past... I could barely fit 3 banners in...
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

If I Did It Empty
PostSubject: Re: If I Did It   If I Did It Icon_minitime30th August 2010, 10:14 pm

Oops Yeah, I see now...
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

If I Did It Empty
PostSubject: Re: If I Did It   If I Did It Icon_minitime31st August 2010, 10:34 am

I've been thinking of possibly trying to fit in a couple CoChariots, seems like they'd be pretty good and pretty fast. D6+1 S5 Impact Hits, 2 S5 Charioteer hits, and 2 S4 Cold One hits, and all the while both charioteers have RXBs so they can provide a little cover fire where necessary. At 100 points that seems pretty nice. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

If I Did It Empty
PostSubject: Re: If I Did It   If I Did It Icon_minitime31st August 2010, 1:11 pm

Personally, I think DE Nobles on Pegasi fill the same role and can hunt war machines more efficiently. You're looking at about 2-3 kills and +1 CR for charging either way against reasonably well armored targets.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

If I Did It Empty
PostSubject: Re: If I Did It   If I Did It Icon_minitime31st August 2010, 2:11 pm

I agree a Master on a Dark Pegasus would most likely do the job better, but I believe on average they cost about 185 which could almost get you 2 Chariots, no?
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

If I Did It Empty
PostSubject: Re: If I Did It   If I Did It Icon_minitime31st August 2010, 3:09 pm

I'd have to check at home. I thought they were ~60 for a hero, ~25 for a Pegasus, and maybe 15 for gear, off the top of my head (HvA, Sh, Cloak, Lance). If they're that much more it wouldn't be worth it in all likelihood.

On the other hand, it is a turn 2 threat if need be against a gunline, whereas chariots are turn 3.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

If I Did It Empty
PostSubject: Re: If I Did It   If I Did It Icon_minitime31st August 2010, 3:32 pm

Master(Hero Commander) is 80 and Dark Peggy is 50, so with HvA, Sh, Cloak, & Lance he's ringing up at 144.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

If I Did It Empty
PostSubject: Re: If I Did It   If I Did It Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If I Did It
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Top :: Warhammer Fantasy :: Army Lists and Selection-
Jump to: