Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Founding Fathers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
themcfadden
Blind Ratling Sniper
themcfadden

Founding Fathers Empty
PostSubject: Founding Fathers   Founding Fathers Icon_minitime22nd August 2010, 12:53 am

Founding Fathers just came out this month, actually debuting for sale (if I remember correctly) at GenCon, possibly Origins.

Am I the biggest nerd for thinking that this game sounds amazingly COOL?!?

Check out the pictures - especially this one. You have a hand of various political figures who played a role in the Philadelphia, where the U.S. Constitution was written, and they form your caucus. They have various powers and influence, and the goal is to use them to win the vote on issues and gain prestige. The player who ends with the most prestige wins.

I'm hoping to find the $$ to get my hands on it soon and you can BET it will show up for some Friday Night Board Gaming!
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetup.com/NWAGamers/
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Founding Fathers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Founding Fathers   Founding Fathers Icon_minitime22nd August 2010, 12:54 pm

That sounds about as boring as a game where you ship stuff off of a dock...oh wait...you love that game too...

Just kidding. Kind of.
Back to top Go down
abbottj83
Gimp Suit Wearing Dark Eldar
Gimp Suit Wearing Dark Eldar
abbottj83

Founding Fathers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Founding Fathers   Founding Fathers Icon_minitime22nd August 2010, 2:02 pm

We played Founding Fathers at Wednesday night Board Game Night up at Castlehouse this last week. I really really enjoyed it. I found it to be a very well made game and I thought it was a ton of fun to try and mess with American history and rewrite the constitution to be more Small State and Anti-Federalist that it historically was. Definitely a game worth playing. Only down side is that I don't see it being able to be replayed very often over a short period of time. I can totally see myself coming back to it again and again over a longer period of time; but I don't think I'd play it multiple weeks in a row.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

Founding Fathers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Founding Fathers   Founding Fathers Icon_minitime22nd August 2010, 8:12 pm

I like it. I think that 1960: Making of the President is the best game by the design team behind it, but Founding Fathers is at least as good as Campaign Manager 2008 (their other game). It's also the only game they've designed that's for more than two players, so it's easier to get it on the table.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Founding Fathers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Founding Fathers   Founding Fathers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Founding Fathers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Top :: Board Games-
Jump to: