Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

quick question about pinning

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

quick question about pinning Empty
PostSubject: quick question about pinning   quick question about pinning Icon_minitime6th August 2010, 11:34 pm

I have my Rider of Rohan model that I want to pin his spear. How do I do this? The spear is so thin, but i remember someone telling me you can actually use a tiny pin to keep it in place
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: quick question about pinning   quick question about pinning Icon_minitime6th August 2010, 11:52 pm

What I use for my pins are the small sized paper clips. If you can drill a hole that size you are golden. If it is smaller than that, it can be tricky.

I have a GW Pin Vise and some paper clips at the shop if you are in the area tomorrow we can give it a try.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: quick question about pinning   quick question about pinning Icon_minitime7th August 2010, 12:27 am

Same offer here, since you live closer to me than big_d's place.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: quick question about pinning   quick question about pinning Icon_minitime7th August 2010, 2:15 am

Assuming this is a metal model, pinning a spear in the normal way isn't something that is usually possible to do. If it's a plastic model it shouldn't be necessary.

With metal models the normal way to "pin" a spear is to replace the spear shaft completely with a thin metal rod. Drill out the hand and insert the rod.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about using some Warmachine minis: http://archive.brushthralls.com/modelling/brass-rod-tutorial.html

I've never done this myself.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: quick question about pinning   quick question about pinning Icon_minitime7th August 2010, 3:31 am

thanks everyone. It is actually a plastic model that I dropped several times by accident and probally needs to be reinforced, as it is hinging. I'll probally try out the paperclip strat and see what happens.

Also, I finished painting my first rider and I think it turned out pretty good. I'll try and post pictures sometime soon. I'm sure Chris and/or Big_d will see it soon though, as I will be passing through those shops in the next couple days.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: quick question about pinning   quick question about pinning Icon_minitime8th August 2010, 2:27 am

I admit I would have to see the problem before I could make an intelligent suggestion as to what to do.

Even then an intelligent suggestion would be a far reach. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: quick question about pinning   quick question about pinning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

quick question about pinning
Page 1 of 1