Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wrecked Baneblade Terrain

Go down 
+5
sithkhan
Verminlord
bdix
MonkeyMan
big_d
9 posters
AuthorMessage
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

Wrecked Baneblade Terrain Empty
PostSubject: Wrecked Baneblade Terrain   Wrecked Baneblade Terrain Icon_minitime6th August 2010, 2:54 pm

I have managed to become the owner of a pretty bad off Baneblade. I am going to turn it into a piece of terrain, but I don't want it just to be a Baneblade sitting on a piece of hardboard. Does anyone have any good ideas on what to do with it? It is a pretty neat model that you wouldn't normally use for terrain, so I want something special.

So far all I have come up with is cutting it at an agle to make it look like it is stuck down in the ground, but that just doesn't do it for me.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Baneblade Terrain   Wrecked Baneblade Terrain Icon_minitime6th August 2010, 5:00 pm

u could put the Space Marine Casualties, and some altered guardsmen on it to make it look the like it crashed and the soldiers got wiped out
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Baneblade Terrain   Wrecked Baneblade Terrain Icon_minitime6th August 2010, 6:42 pm

Tyranids swarming into the holes, some of them pulling out marines
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Baneblade Terrain   Wrecked Baneblade Terrain Icon_minitime7th August 2010, 2:48 pm

You could break or cut a large chunk of it off, to look like it was attacked by a monstrous creature. Adding some casualties as suggested ealier would look pretty cool. Depending on the state of the wreck, fresh casualties or if it totally rusted out, just skeletons sprawled out would look cool and give it character. Then you take smaller pieces of it and make it look like it was looted or in the process.
A model that big I think would look better if it was done in the spirit of the crashed Valkyrie.
Back to top Go down
sithkhan
Vanilla Marine with Blue Armor
Vanilla Marine with Blue Armor
sithkhan

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Baneblade Terrain   Wrecked Baneblade Terrain Icon_minitime7th August 2010, 10:57 pm

Cut the model at an odd angle, and "bury" it so it appears to have beeen smashed into the ground.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Baneblade Terrain   Wrecked Baneblade Terrain Icon_minitime7th August 2010, 11:38 pm

I told him he should 'ork' it out. That way when we have an apocalypse battle in a few weeks we have another bane blade.

Speaking of, if you are interested in playing in an apocalypse battle at WPGH, let me know here:
https://thehogsofwar.forumotion.com/schedule-a-game-f4/wpgh-jesters-apocalypse-battle-for-zerithon-prime-t858.htm#6256
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Baneblade Terrain   Wrecked Baneblade Terrain Icon_minitime8th August 2010, 2:24 am

big_d wrote:
So far all I have come up with is cutting it at an agle to make it look like it is stuck down in the ground, but that just doesn't do it for me.

sithkhan wrote:
Cut the model at an odd angle, and "bury" it so it appears to have beeen smashed into the ground.

Amusing suggestion, considering what big_d originally wrote. I assume this was written in jest.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Baneblade Terrain   Wrecked Baneblade Terrain Icon_minitime13th August 2010, 10:19 am

I have decided to Orkify this thing in stead of turning it into terrain. I went up to the store last night and worked on it for about half an hour, and man this thing is in rough shape. I don't think it was glued together very well - the thing just keeps popping apart. I started gluing it back, but the GW glue does NOT work well on stuff that has been primed or painted. I used the GW glue a few weeks back on some skeletons and I LOVED it, it works really well on bare plastic, but I just couldn't get it to stick to the primer.

Tonight I am going to tackle the problem with some Gorilla Superglue and we will see how far along I get.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Baneblade Terrain   Wrecked Baneblade Terrain Icon_minitime13th August 2010, 1:42 pm

Plastic cement works by actually melting the plastic and causing it to fuse together. Putting it on paint doesn't do much. You'll need to remove some of the paint from the surfaces you want to bond before gluing them together.

If you apply superglue over paint you will get a slightly better bond, but it will only be as strong as the paint, so you're still best off filing away the paint from the surfaces you wish to glue together.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
Cpt_Tiberius
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Cpt_Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Baneblade Terrain   Wrecked Baneblade Terrain Icon_minitime13th August 2010, 2:55 pm

It's an Ork vehicle so Duct Tape is also acceptable. Razz

I think it will be cool. I have some ork glyphs in the bitz I have. I'll bring them up tonight. Smile

-T.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Baneblade Terrain   Wrecked Baneblade Terrain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wrecked Baneblade Terrain
Page 1 of 1